1.    #1  
    I have had the 700p for about 2 weeks now and it seems that no one knows what is going on. i have called sprint i have called palm and no luck.
    first when getting incoming sms messages the treo freezes.
    second when call customer service. visa *2 the phone will hang up and then the phone will power off.
    Third prl updates wont go through
    I was told it was the network by palm and was told by sprint its the phone. This is the second phone . It looks like today i may be taking a trip to the sprint store to have it replaced again.
    I had the 650 and believe me the 700p is much better
    Is there a software update on the way? is it the phone? or the network? or is it the third party applications i have on it? i have done hard resets and loaded them on at a time . I have contacted the developers of the software to make sure all is current?
    what now any suggestion?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    After dialing *2, there is an unbelievably long time (30 sec or more) before the phone re-acquires the network. We all have to be patient right now until Palm sends us a firmware update. If it's anything like the 650 was, we should get an update in August/September to address a number of the issues brought forth on this board.
  3.    #3  
    the question is what does it sound like ? is it software ? the network? or the phone? are you having an issuse with text messages?
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    I would say that the phone freezing after *2 is a software issue (that will happen on each phone). It happens on mine (sometimes it just resets itself after *2)

I have issues sometimes with sms.. What 3rd party software do you have on your phone? (am I too assume it is everything in your signature?)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  5.    #5  
    yes what's in my signature is what I have. so what do you think
    so the *2 thing isn't just me. that happened 5 times yesterday.
  7.    #7  
    im on the phone with palmone and they are saying that its my message data base under my hotsync name . they are saying that it is the profile that has become bad. has anyone spoke to anyone about this ? this is really starting to pain me . i really need to know if someone else out there is having any luck with there treo 700p ? or should i say not having any luck getting sms messages
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    im on the phone with palmone and they are saying that its my message data base under my hotsync name . they are saying that it is the profile that has become bad. has anyone spoke to anyone about this ? this is really starting to pain me . i really need to know if someone else out there is having any luck with there treo 700p ? or should i say not having any luck getting sms messages
    how on earth would hotsync "message data" affect a call to *2...sounds to me like a rep making something up when they have no clue.

this is an odd one...any guesses out there?
  9.    #9  
    that sounds about right to me . im still on the phone with palm and they are saying that my profile with my current hotsync name is bad. and the only way to solve this problem is to create a new hot sync name .im not getting the how it effects the *2 thing. it seems like this is one big guessing game.
  10.    #10  
    a quick update im still on the phone with a palm rep . and everyone in treo land that is having any type of problems with the treo just know that they are reading what we are posting .I guess this is a good thing . they are re reading it to back to me now . They are saying that the next level is looking into it
    i have a sprint 700p and i created a whole new hotsync/profile name when i went from the 650 to 700 and it has the same problem. i think it is their issue and not something we did! i also have lag when i scroll down to favorite pages and lag between some program switching. all these issues have been reported by others and i think we need some kind of update soon to fix these issues
  12.    #12  
    thank you you saved me alot of work they had me convinced that renaming my hot sync was the way to go . for all its worth i felt like they are going to look into this problem. but then again that is what they want you to feel after you get off the phone with them. i dont know if i should cry or laugh at this point