Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I know (at least I think) this was covered, but could not find it.

Almost every time I try to use blazer, I get a white screen that doesn't go away, and need to reset the device with the stylus. Then Blazer starts no problem.

It will then happen again, and a reset is necessary. This is almost everytime I try to use blazer.

Anyone know why or how to fix? If it helps I have a verizon 700p, with wirelesssync and express. I think express may be to blame, since I had a similar problem on the 650, but not as often.

Thanks.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Howdy... are you using a backup program that backs up to SD card? This is a dbCache issue, related to some program using a lot of dbCache. I've been getting the same problems with Blazer, which evidently has some specific "memory hog" issues. I've switched to xiino for now.

Do a search on "backup" or "dbCache" and you'll see some relevant threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Howdy... are you using a backup program that backs up to SD card? This is a dbCache issue, related to some program using a lot of dbCache. I've been getting the same problems with Blazer, which evidently has some specific "memory hog" issues. I've switched to xiino for now.

Do a search on "backup" or "dbCache" and you'll see some relevant threads...
    Thanks PDADoc, you took the words and the search phrases right out of my mouth. God love you and searches.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks. I was not aware that it was a backup problem (which is why my search turned up nothing). I thought it was an express problem.

What is the dbcache? How can I fix this? I will search these terms now.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    This is starting to bother me a lot. I can't figure out why Blazer after it is launched stays on a white screen and after almost 30 seconds shows the PALM logo and resets. It does it more sometimes than others. I just deleted uncache because it was messing with Blazer not been the default browser and I just upgraded to Resco Backup 4.06. and I always keep resco backup in the SD card. What is going on? Has anybody been able to fix this?

Thanks,

Al
    I am having the same problem with Blazer, it often crashes when I try to open it with exactly the same symptoms described: white screen for a few seconds then a restart. It's irritating but since I use Xiino as the default browser, in my case it is not that much of an issue. I have no backup program or even a card in my Treo 700p. There must be an answer.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm still actively working on this issue, although I did switch to Xiino for now. I just installed the Resco backup update that addresses the dbcache issue, but it hasn't helped. In discussing it with the developer, it is likely that we have *some* app that runs in the background causing the problem.

I finally did identify *one* specific app I use that *is* a problem: ClipPro. After disabling it, Blazer works more consistently. It still sometimes takes a long time to open (30-40 seconds at times), but it does not reset. I'll let you know if I find anything further...
    One thing I have noticed about Blazer crashes is that if, when I'm using Xiino, I clear cache on exit, Blazer will not crash. If while I'm using Blazer, I clear cache on exit (manually in both cases, Xiino and Blazer), it reduces the crashes dramatically (almost to 0). It also makes switching into and out of the browsers very fast. Also, if I have been using On Demand or Opera for any time at all, it's best to do a soft reset (LauncherX does this via Device pulldown) before using Blazer. Those are workarounds since I have yet to find a solution to this.
    I liked Blazer when I first got my Treo 700p, but now it is just a waste of time due to resets after resets. I'm using Opera Mini now. What a shame...!

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I liked Blazer when I first got my Treo 700p, but now it is just a waste of time due to resets after resets. I'm using Opera Mini now. What a shame...!

Al
    Yes, and I don't think Opera offers a way of clearing the cache from the program. One could use Resco Explorer or something and delete these files but that is a hassle to do every time. The situation keeps me from using Opera more often which is too bad because it is particularly well suited to some sites (like TreoCentral).
    Same prob here. Frustrating. Somehow I don't think I had this issue prior to installing some 3rd party apps. Of background progs - I have: callfilter, kblightsoff, keycaps600, ringerswitchpro, phonedisconnect, fontsmoother, backupbuddyvfs (no scheduled backups), and launcherx running. Blazer is set for 8mb cache. I have 16mb free in RAM and 512mb free on card. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadShrink View Post
    Same prob here. Frustrating. Somehow I don't think I had this issue prior to installing some 3rd party apps. Of background progs - I have: callfilter, kblightsoff, keycaps600, ringerswitchpro, phonedisconnect, fontsmoother, backupbuddyvfs (no scheduled backups), and launcherx running. Blazer is set for 8mb cache. I have 16mb free in RAM and 512mb free on card. Any thoughts?
    We have the following programs in common:
    fontsmoother (disabled), LauncherX, backupbuddyvfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    We have the following programs in common:
    fontsmoother (disabled), LauncherX, backupbuddyvfs.
    is it still happening w/ fontsmoother disabled?
    I have a similar problem. Whenever I go into BLAZER, my phone goes to the White-Screen-of-Death... and then resets. Once it resets, I can go back into BLAZER without any problem. I've tried clearing the Cache, and setting it to clear cache on exit. Same problem.

One thing I did notice (and maybe this helps someone to troubleshoot this issue)... when the phone resets, I can bounce back and forth between BLAZER and the Phone application with no problem. I can also bounce back and forth between BLAZER and the Calendar application with no problem. But when I go into MAIL (which takes a while to load, since I have over 1,000 e-mails saved on my phone) and then try to go back into BLAZER... the phone does the Soft Reset. This happens consistently.

I don't really want to clear out all of my e-mails, since it's very valuable as a work tool to be able to search all of my past e-mails.

In an effort to try and solve this problem... I tried DELETING all of my e-mail messages. Then I reset the phone (soft reset.)

Guess what... NO MORE PROBLEM ! ! !

I can now bounce back and forth between BLAZER and MAIL with no Reset issue at all.

Any way to have e-mail messages stored (redirected) to the SD RAM card?

Hopefully this will help to solve this problem.