Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm a student and this is my first smartphone. I quite like it, but yesterday it started getting the following error message when trying to connect to the web:

Communication Error
    The page download could not be completed. Please try again later.

I've used the search function here, cleared cache, checked to see if I had Sprint Power Vision as the network, and tried Google. I was on hold with *2 for over 20 minutes and finally gave up.

Any troubleshooting leads would be great, thanks.
    Last edited by crownzeal; 06/20/2006 at 07:43 AM.
    i got that same message error yesterday it cleared up after a few min.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    How strange. I still keep getting the same message and it's been over 6 hours now.
    The page that is trying to open can't be opened, so hit the arrows at the top of the window on blazer and redraw, or try another web page if it works.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    The page that is trying to open can't be opened, so hit the arrows at the top of the window on blazer and redraw, or try another web page if it works.

I've tried that. The arrows next to blazer are disabled. It won't load the home page, let alone something else.
    I was getting a Network Error 132 this morning. I could not sign on and neither could my wife on her 650. It must have been a network issue near our house or a temporary problem in our area. On the way to work, everything connected fine.
    Try a soft reset...hack. Call Sprint under tech help and ask if there is any network issues in your area.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Try a soft reset...hack. Call Sprint under tech help and ask if there is any network issues in your area.
    Cool, the soft reset worked. I finally got through to *2 and they also recommended doing the following with this error:

Press ##3282
    Click on Data
    Click on Update Vision Profile
    did it work for you?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Had the same problem this morning for about an hour or so. Working fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal
    Cool, the soft reset worked. I finally got through to *2 and they also recommended doing the following with this error:

Press ##3282
    Click on Data
    Click on Update Vision Profile
    When I call ##3282 (or ##3282#) I get an error message. Am I missing something?
    Laissez Faire
    Yesterday (same day as other posts) I tried connecting to PV (my 700p) and also regular vision (spouse's 650). Neither worked, same error message.

I called Sprint and was told that there was a national outage.

Everything worked fine later in the day.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond