Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Marc and others:

For the past 2 rc versions, I have NOT been getting any alerts outside of Chatter. (No pop up message, no message LED, and no alert tone)

Alert only works inside the Chatter app...

*I have the latest Butler installed, can that be a problem? ...However, it was working since rc15-16

Has anything been changed since rc15-16???
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    Marc and others:

For the past 2 rc versions, I have NOT been getting any alerts outside of Chatter. (No pop up message, no message LED, and no alert tone)

Alert only works inside the Chatter app...

*I have the latest Butler installed, can that be a problem? ...However, it was working since rc15-16

Has anything been changed since rc15-16???
    Outside alerts are working fine for me (rc18). Check the value of default tone set in the notification preferences. I believe it overrides whatever you have set in your mailbox (at least it did in my case!).
  3.    #3  
    yup, checked that. still problematic for me...

i have not changed any notifcation settings since the last 2 builds...

Marc, is there a corrupter database on my treo??
    yup, checked that. still problematic for me...

i have not changed any notifcation settings since the last 2 builds...

Marc, is there a corrupter database on my treo??
    You might want to wander over to Chatteremail.com and post this in his forum. Might get a quicker response.
    I can't imagine how any kind of corruption could affect this.

Marc
  6.    #6  
    sent you a log Marc...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm seeing potentially similar issues with my Verizon Treo 650. Since rc18 alerting has been acting strangely. When my Treo is asleep or while running Chatter interactively, I'm receiving new email alerts. However when I'm using other applications while the Treo is awake, it's not alerting me at all -- no vibrate, pop-up, or tone. I've checked and rechecked through all the normal settings I was using before in Chatter and they seem fine. The mailbox setting for this particular account is not set to disable notifications. The global notification setting looks right for the "other apps" option, and the alerts option in the Pref menu is not set for silent alert.

Since the code apparently hasn't changed for this, I doubt it's due to something in Chatter itself. So I'm looking for help in what else could be conflicting here. Just to make things harder to diagnose , last night I deleted my Saved and Unsaved Preferences files and reentered all of my prefs, registration codes, etc. (I did this to relieve some random resets that seemed to occur many times a day for some reason in the last week). I didn't have to do anything with Chatter to recover its previous settings. Is it possible that Chatter is saving an old preference value internally that somehow conflicts with other new prefs? Just grasping at straws here.

I'm not running Butler but otherwise a fairly standard set of third party apps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Chatter doesn't use or reference any of the standard preference databases.

Marc
    What version did this last work in? And have you tried the obvious - a soft reset?

Marc
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've soft reset the phone many times in the last couple of days. I believe it last worked in rc17. However, upgrading to rc18 happened at the same time as the rest of the reset work I did, so I can't say whether the notifications were lost with rc18 or the other mucking around.
  11.    #11  
    Marc, I reverted back to rc15 (only backup copy i had) and it worked.

--as mentioned in my OP, I am pretty sure this started since rc17-rc18 build.

on the rc15, it works. when i upgrade to rc20 on the very device, it stops working.
    I'll look, but I'm sure nothing has changed.

Marc
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Any chance I could get a copy of rc15 to try? If the alerting comes back, holding all other variables constant, that might give a pattern to look for...
    I don't have it where I am now, and won't have access to it until Tuesday.

Marc
  15.    #15  
    I can confirm rc15 works, and rc18 (and up) does not. [popup notifcation outside of chatter]

-I am overwriting files back and forth from backup copies of cardbackup. If I put on Chatter.prc and ChatterExg.prc from rc15, notification outside of Chatter works.

-As soon as I use rc20, notification outside of Chatter no longer works.

hallm409, I dont know if Marc will allow it, but I can send rc15 to you if wished.
    same issue with me also - Sprint 700p
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I can confirm rc15 works, and rc18 (and up) does not. [popup notifcation outside of chatter]
    I have a Sprint Treo 700P, and I'm seeing pretty much the same behavior that you are (using Chatter rc20). I actually hear the audible alert tone, but the Chatter "popup" notification doesn't display. A few builds ago, this was working fine on the 700 so it looks like this is something that has recently crept into one of chatters latest betas.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 06/24/2006 at 04:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    trim81 - thanks the offer. I'd certainly like to try it out if Marc is OK with you sending it.
  19.    #19  
    Attached is rc15 ver of ChatterEmail.

Disclaimer: If Marc wishes for me to pull these files, I will gladly do so. I am only posting this for reference

*Hope you are okay with this Marc
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No problem; as I said in another thread, rc20 works fine in the background for me on three different 650's (all different carriers).

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast