Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    I'm new to chatter, but you are right. I did see a pop up message a few releases back. I'm on the latest release (r20) and I don't see it anymore. I'm on vibrate only (no sound) and I don't always get (or feel, I'm not sure which) the vibration.

    I'm on Sprint 700p, fwiw.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I have a Sprint Treo 700P, and I'm seeing pretty much the same behavior that you are. I actually hear the audible alert tone, but the Chatter "popup" notification doesn't display. A few builds ago, this was working fine on the 700 so it looks like this is something that has recently crept into one of chatters latest betas.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8
    I'm new to chatter, but you are right. I did see a pop up message a few releases back. I'm on the latest release (r20) and I don't see it anymore. I'm on vibrate only (no sound) and I don't always get (or feel, I'm not sure which) the vibration.

    I'm on Sprint 700p, fwiw.
    You may be right. I switched to the beta builds because Marc fixed a Chatter reset bug caused by memory management differences in the 700P (I think) but I haven't seen the nifty email popup screen lately!
  3. #23  
    Yes and I emailed mark about this when I discovered it last week -
    Not to mention a significant delay when exiting Chatter into other apps via the hard buttons - quite annoying

    Oh well
    Last edited by fkjr2; 06/25/2006 at 04:50 PM.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  4. #24  
    BTW, I wonder if it's just the "Popup" notifications that aren't working. If that's the case, and "Pop" is checked, the others won't work either.

    Marc
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    BTW, I wonder if it's just the "Popup" notifications that aren't working. If that's the case, and "Pop" is checked, the others won't work either.

    Marc

    Well, I am on rc15 now, so it works.

    ---BUT, on my previous rc20, with pop notification checked, I did NOT recieve any LED, Alert Tones, or anything (as mentioned in my OP), when outside of chatter.
  6. hallm409's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    BTW, I wonder if it's just the "Popup" notifications that aren't working. If that's the case, and "Pop" is checked, the others won't work either.

    Marc
    I verified that on my Treo 650 if I check Pop notification, then none of the notifications work, either awake in other apps or asleep. If I uncheck Pop for either other apps or asleep, then I get the remaining notifications (vibrate, tone, LED). So it looks like it does have to do with Popup notifications not working.

    BTW, I downloaded the rc15 prc files that were posted, and I wasn't able to get the Popup notifications to work on my 650, at least in my initial attempt this morning. I downgraded to the last stable release and then they started to work again.
  7. #27  
    My other notifications seem to be working, but the popup is MIA since upgrading. Can't downgrade because this version fixes the looping that was killing my battery.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    My other notifications seem to be working, but the popup is MIA since upgrading. Can't downgrade because this version fixes the looping that was killing my battery.
    I verified this today on rc20. I have POP enabled in all available categories and I do get audible alerts (and a screen wakeup) but not a Chatter pop-up window.

    Oh well, that's all part of beta testing
  9. #29  
    I get audible alerts, too. And the LED blinks when the device isn't plugged in.
  10. hallm409's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #30  
    rc21 seems to have fixed the problem on my Treo 650. Thanks Marc!
  11. #31  
    Yeah; sorry about that!

    Marc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions