1.    #1  
    OK, now that we can "watch" TV... and send little video clips, I wonder how long it will be before someone enterprising developer will come up with basic Video Conferencing on the 700p?

In terms of hardware: Since the camera and screen would need to be on the same side of the phone (pointing toward the user), I guess we'd need a way to reflect either the screen or the camera so they were both facing the same direction..

And what would be needed in software?....... Shadow???? <Big Grin>
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  2.    #2  
    iChat A/V for Palm OS?
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    From what i know, I don't think the upstream capabilities of the EVDO network as currently constructed would allow this sort of thing. And I know I personally would never really care for video conferencing. I mean, I never do it at the office where it's easy, so why would I do it while traveling?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Some of the new Nokia's have a camera on the front for video conferencing. The bottleneck is the data networks. They're just not fast enough for video conferencing yet.

Joe
    I dont use it in other situations either.. but that is because it is cunbersome and uneeded usually.

If its RIGHT THERE and the press of a button on the Treo, that would make it user friendly... and it would be great to see who you are talking to.
    That would be great! Imagine - just when you thought people TALKING on their cellphone while driving was bad...