1.    #1  
    The included headset with my Sprint 700 is lopsided. The distance from the left earpiece to the mic is about two inches, whereas the right is ten times that length. When I put them on I feel like I should be riding the short bus. I did not intend to use them anyway, but I'm still a bit peeved. Do you think I can return just the headphones? And am I being a cheap SOB for attempting to return a free headset I will likely not even use?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Most headsets of this type are "lopsided."Most are about 3 times as long one one side as the other. if its 10 times as long, then maybe there is something amiss.
    They're like this so the mic is in a better position to pick up your voice.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Other theories on the asymmetrical design:

- To distinguish the left and right side earphones (w/o having
    to read the legend).

- So that the wire can (sometimes) be worn behind the neck.

I think 1:8 ratio is quiet alright...
    Game over!
    Yeah, It's really funky the way they did the lopsided thing, but I do have to say that I really enjoy using a stereo headset on hard to hear calls, and the sound quality is really decent for music.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Most headphones are like this nowadays, there's nothing wrong with your headset.
    They're like this so you can put the wire to the right earbud, behind your head. I first started noticing headphones like this from Sony in the 90s.
    My Verizon 700p headset has only one earbud. I guess Sprint includes a different headset than Verizon? Now I'm feeling really lopsided.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    They're like this so the mic is in a better position to pick up your voice.
    What he said is exactly the reason for one side being longer than the othe.
    I must say for a free headset its pretty good nice for hard to hear calls , not too bad for a cheap stereo headset
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    What he said is exactly the reason for one side being longer than the othe.
    I must say for a free headset its pretty good nice for hard to hear calls , not too bad for a cheap stereo headset
    Maybe.

Frankly, I've had earbuds that date back a decade ago that had one side longer than the other and obviously they did not have a mic for phone calls.

The bottom line is that there is no problem with OP's earbuds regardless of Palm's reasoning for the design.
    my Sprint headset is not lopsided when i put it on the mic is at equal distance from both ears, Holly smokes my head is lopsided
    Treoing & Loving it
    no stereo headset w/ my vzw 700p neither - only one earbud headset
    Quote Originally Posted by trragtops
    no stereo headset w/ my vzw 700p neither - only one earbud headset
    If you are interested in buying the stereo buds with the mic let me know. I have two sets that I do not use since I invested in a high-end pair of earbuds.
    My sprint 700 came with stereo buds....an they're not terribly quality either....certainly better than nothing.

I just wish the jack was located somewhere else so i could keep the treo in its cradle and still listen.
    The jack works okay with the Seidio holster and the OEM headphones...and mine are lopsided too. I would have liked another inch or so on the short side and the same length on the long side.
    is use the samsung stereo headset that came with the blade but it dont work in stereo!!! only one bud works must some way the treo 700p determens wether its a stereo headset or mono and its a crappy way to find out.