1.    #1  
    I love my 600, been using it since they first came out. Im looking at leaving Sprint for TMobile...and I want to keep using a Treo. I want the least expensive way and they dont offer Treos. So, I want an unlocked one so if I leave TMobile for another GSM provider, I can just change out sims. So, any clue where to find one at a good price? Anyone here upgrading and looking to unload at a decent price?

Or what about getting a TMobile locked one and getting it unlocked? How hard is it to do? Is it a DIY or do I take it somewhere?
    I think there's a Sticky over at MTDN in the 650 forum that talks about unlocking.
    There's quite a few here at T/C also but you'll have to do a Forum Search.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    Or what about getting a TMobile locked one and getting it unlocked? How hard is it to do? Is it a DIY or do I take it somewhere?
    No chance of getting a T-Mobile locked version since they don't sell them. You really have 2 options;
    1) get one locked to another carrier and have it unlocked
    2) get an unlocked version (best option if you can afford it)
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  4.    #4  
    Okay, thanks. How do you unlock one that is locked?
    650unlock.com
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have T-Mobile service and recently purchased a new Treo 650 unlocked (but cingular branded) on Ebay at a good price ($320), however I think T-Mobil;e has the worse data plan and probably the most costly too. They are great for minutes plans but their data isn't all that great. Unlocking isnt a big deal, so even if you purchase a locked GSM, you can have it unlocked for @ $15 or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    650unlock.com
    Ok here is a stupid question. How does unlocking work? It seems you have to enter a code into the phone, that syncs up with Cingular and then it is unlocked.

If the locked status isn't stored in the Firmware or the SIM, where the heck is it stored?

Thanks,
    Brandorr

P.S. - Is this any different from getting a Cingular support rep to give you an unlock code?
    P.S.S. - If I unlock it, is this permanent? Is there any way to accidentally relock it?