1.    #1  
    Every evening at 8:26 my phone goes into this screaching non polyphonic tone rambling. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
    God it sounds like its made up, but you really couldn't make something like that up! Sorry, its kind of a funny problem, I have never heard of anything like that. Do you have Treo Alarm installed? Or is your world clock set as the alarm? You may have accidentally set an alarm that is going off or something. Thats all I can think of-
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No, but mine does tend to reset at 8:26 pm sometimes. That is just freaky! I do not have any alarms set and it does it even with Chatter off. I've been wondering what on earth happens at 8:26 to make my phone reset.

I have seen regular resets with a programs called Central. If I use the "do not distrub" feature to silence the phone at different times it will reset at 10:00pm when I have it go quiet and at 7:00am when I have it turn the sounds back on. It did it on my 650 and is doing it on my 700. I don't think the mysterious 8:26 phenomenon is related though it could be.
  4. wcj
    Interesting.

I had a Treo 600 that used to light up at 3:30 am every morning. I'll never foget the first time I observed this. I had gotten out of bed for some reason. Then, I was walking back to bed toward my dresser when suddenly there was a glow eminating from the top of my dresser. Woah!

I've caught my 700p doing the same thing, always at 2:00 am.

I left an inquiry here awhile ago. Nobody had an explanation.
    the 330 is the default time for snappermail housekeeping functions. Also the device syncs time with the network throughout the day try disabling network time and see if that helps.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I noticed that with Profilecare, there is a time option under the global preferences that was set to check and synchronize with network time and the default time was 2AM. Once I unchecked this function the early morning light parade went away. You may have another application, not usually thought of as an alarm function that may be doing this. The sound you describe is vaguely similar to the old AOL commercials where the guy says that he wants his computer to sound like a yeti!

Regards and sympathies,

Jim
    Or its the devil! Have you guys seen Amytiville Horror? lol.
    I thought that was when "They" download new subliminal messages to keep us "asleep"...
    Load up PalmInternals (you can get it from mytreo.net and prolly lots of other places). Launch it and it will show you all of the "timed events" (OS alarms). Locate the one with the time that matches the screeching (or reset or whatever ails ya), and it should point out the problem application.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs
    Load up PalmInternals (you can get it from mytreo.net and prolly lots of other places). Launch it and it will show you all of the "timed events" (OS alarms). Locate the one with the time that matches the screeching (or reset or whatever ails ya), and it should point out the problem application.
    This is a GREAT idea! I had totally forgotten about this program and the detective work that it does for timed events. I, laughingly, found a timed event for a hospital shift in the Midwest scheduled for November, 2031. I am doubtful I will still be working at age 80. Good idea for finding this sort of thing.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by wcj
    Interesting.

I had a Treo 600 that used to light up at 3:30 am every morning. I'll never foget the first time I observed this. I had gotten out of bed for some reason. Then, I was walking back to bed toward my dresser when suddenly there was a glow eminating from the top of my dresser. Woah!

I've caught my 700p doing the same thing, always at 2:00 am.

I left an inquiry here awhile ago. Nobody had an explanation.
    Yeah - I believe all the Sprint Treo 600's did that 0330 thing. I believe it was a forced wakeup to do a network time sync. I wondered if the 700P did the same thing. Based on your comment, it looks like it does.