Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really like Martin overlays. I just ordered them for my 700 and they sent me the ones for the 700w and there is an unsightly gap. They have not reponded to be emails. Have other received the correct ones?
    The 700P and 700W have the same screen dimensions don't they?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    They use the same one for both 700s and the 650. I just ordered mine last week from martin fields, and this was what they put into the shopping cart when i ordered it: Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (Treo 700p/700w/ 650).
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    This is the exact reason why I was hesitant to order them. Since the 700 evidently has a slightly bigger screen (2mm if I remember), the gap would bug the crap out of me.
  5.    #5  
    it does have a significant gap that is very poor looking.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thats too bad. I just bought a Boxwave that fits the screen well but it was a major pain to install and I am worried about it peeling up over time. I was going to look at Martin Fields because everyone seems to love them, but if they have not updated their design for the 700, there is not much point.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    What was so hard about the installation of the Boxwaves? I have used them on 2 other PDAs and don't remember them being particularly difficult to install.
    The OverlayPlus protectors that I installed on three 700p's didn't seem to have much of a gap at all. I did find however, that the protectors fit better if I rotated them 90 degrees. That is ... the "typical" way I would normally install is with the pull tab at the top or bottom of the screen. However, if I rotated it 90 degrees, it seemed to fit much better. Unrotated, it seemed to be very tight in one direction and a bit "loose" in the other.
    Same here. The BoxWaves are probably the easiest to install screen protectors I've ever used...
    I really lik ebox waves used them on nearly all my devices, their as easy as other to install (still takes sometime having said that) and of a good qualtiy, or the ones i have used have been. thumps up from me
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    I really lik ebox waves used them on nearly all my devices, their as easy as other to install (still takes sometime having said that) and of a good qualtiy, or the ones i have used have been. thumps up from me
    I was going to order Boxwaves crystal screen protector, but had an issue giving them my business after i saw they were charging $10 more for the 700p screen protector than the 650 screen protector, with them most likely using the same one for both.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    I was going to order Boxwaves crystal screen protector, but had an issue giving them my business after i saw they were charging $10 more for the 700p screen protector than the 650 screen protector, with them most likely using the same one for both.
    We don't know if they are the same or are slightly bigger. That being said, it surely isn't $10 more worth of material for a 2mm bigger screen size. I just ordered some so I will find out in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    O Yeah their definatley using the same ones as is everbody else, i havnt had that problem yet seeing as i dont have a 700p, but could you not just buy 650 ones?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    O Yeah their definatley using the same ones as is everbody else, i havnt had that problem yet seeing as i dont have a 700p, but could you not just buy 650 ones?
    I could have, but i felt it was shady of the company to do that. Not everyone would know the difference, so i didn't feel i should give any of my money to them.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    O Yeah their definatley using the same ones as is everbody else,
    How do you know that if you don't have a 700p or the Boxwave overlays?
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr
    How do you know that if you don't have a 700p or the Boxwave overlays?
    I have the boxwave's screen protectors for my 650 and other devices. And they are of the same production and quality and are infact the same (I have learnt this from other forums).( Read Post 10 of this thread )

But to be honest you cant blame them for using the same, as they are nearly identical. But yes it is not right of them to up the price but that is the world we live in and it is not just there selfs doing it.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    And they are of the same production and quality and are infact the same (I have learnt this from other forums).( Read Post 10 of this thread )
    I have never heard this before. I have seen a lot of speculation, but no definitive answer. As mentioned before I have some on order and one of the guys I work with has a 650 so I'll find out shortly.
    I have never heard this before. I have seen a lot of speculation, but no definitive answer. As mentioned before I have some on order and one of the guys I work with has a 650 so I'll find out shortly.
    Good, shall be intresting. I have a sneaky feeling they will be though.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    But to be honest you cant blame them for using the same, as they are nearly identical. But yes it is not right of them to up the price but that is the world we live in and it is not just there selfs doing it.
    I don't blame them for using the same product, thats fully understanable...charging two different prices is not. It is the world we live in, and they are not the only one doing it, but it rather give my money to a company upfront about using the same one, and charging the same for the product.
    I am curious to find out about your experience. I recently ordered cleartouch crystal for the 600/650 for my 700P from boxwave. Long story short: two separate orders have the same problem - one edge lifting badly (same edge opposite backing tab). Tried three different overlays. I gave up on them. So beware. BTW, I also think they use the same exact product for all the treos. The 600/650 overlays fit just fine on the 700P.

PS. I have had good experiences with these overlays in the past though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast