Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I received a 3 pack of the Boxwave overlays tonite. I had previously picked up one of the Palm overlays and hated the non-glare finish. The Palm overlay was also smaller than the 700p's screen leaving a tiny gap around the edge. I installed one of the Boxwave overlays with no problems. I will mention that I have used these on other devices before and so was used to their installation process. These definitely appear to be sized for the 700p's screen - no gap around the edge like on the Palm overlay. I ordered the Crystal overlays and you can't tell you even have an overlay on the screen. I strongly recommend these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr
    I received a 3 pack of the Boxwave overlays tonite. I had previously picked up one of the Palm overlays and hated the non-glare finish. The Palm overlay was also smaller than the 700p's screen leaving a tiny gap around the edge. I installed one of the Boxwave overlays with no problems. I will mention that I have used these on other devices before and so was used to their installation process. These definitely appear to be sized for the 700p's screen - no gap around the edge like on the Palm overlay. I ordered the Crystal overlays and you can't tell you even have an overlay on the screen. I strongly recommend these things.
    Did you get the 600/650 overlays or the 700P overlays which are more expensive?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I am curious to find out about your experience. I recently ordered cleartouch crystal for the 600/650 for my 700P from boxwave. Long story short: two separate orders have the same problem - one edge lifting badly (same edge opposite backing tab). Tried three different overlays. I gave up on them. So beware. BTW, I also think they use the same exact product for all the treos. The 600/650 overlays fit just fine on the 700P.

PS. I have had good experiences with these overlays in the past though.
    I am having the same exact problem! I ordered a three pack of ClearTouch from BoxWave last week and all three have started lifting up on one side or the other, or both in one case. And I have ordered two other three packs in the past without problem. They are obviously currently having an issue with a batch or something. I emailed them and they said they would replace them if I conveniently supplied another $27 until they recieve their used pieces of plastic back.
    ^more info in the thread titled "This screen protector blows." Summary: version with one backing is defective (speculation).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Did you get the 600/650 overlays or the 700P overlays which are more expensive?
    I got the more expensive ones. After using them for a week, I have no problems of any kind on them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12