1.    #1  
    Who has the best autocomplete for palm? I tried TextPlus and now Im checking out TextComplete ,,, any others???
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr
    Who has the best autocomplete for palm? I tried TextPlus and now Im checking out TextComplete ,,, any others???
    This thread has some relevant comments about Textplus:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115412

Id be interested to hear of your thoughts on TextPlus vs TextComplete,

cheers

geoff
  3.    #3  
    Well text complete wasn't an option after I realized that it caused the need to hold the option or shift down to accomplish a alternative character. For example to get a 3 you press option then T (3) but with textcomplete activated you have to hold the option key while pressing the T button. Also Textcomplete doesn't seem to know if the cursor is blinking in a text field or not, it pops up a word list even if you are not entering text into a field. Which is bothersome since you have to close the text box before completing whatever task you were working on.

Textplus slows my "GUI response to button press" slightly and causes a crash in pocketlingo dictionaries but otherwise works fine.
    I would like to try other programs but so far I can't find any others.
  4.    #4  
    Well Im trying QuickWright 5 It seems the nice thing about it is you call it up only when you want it,,,,,, the drawback is you have to call it up every time you want it
  5. tcs
    i would like to know which program is better and it has to be compatable with my chinese input method as well. no crashes or resets.
  6.    #6  
    Well text complete is the winner. It has the best dictionary and is the easiest to use. I alleviated the shift and option problem with KeyCaps650.

Sorry I didn't seen any that allowed Chinese text entry.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr
    Well text complete is the winner. It has the best dictionary and is the easiest to use. I alleviated the shift and option problem with KeyCaps650.

Sorry I didn't seen any that allowed Chinese text entry.
    Thanks for your reports :I hadnt tried Textcomplete, so Ill give it a go, and post my own reflections.

Geoff
  8.    #8  
    I got a response from mobi-systems and they plan to start working on compatibility issues for the 700p next week. I deleted KeyCaps, it wasn't much of a solution.

I figured I'd try TextPlus again just incase they can't fix textcomplete.

Does anyone have a good 999k English word list for TextPlus?