1.    #1  
    anyone know where there is a good site to show you how to do so? thanks

im using tmo.
  2.    #3  
    i have tmobile.
    I also have tmobile and I use PDAnet from June Fabrics. Works great.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    another vote for PDANet. It has a couple quirks, but all in all, works very well.
    does anyone ever tried using treo650 as a modem with laptop successfully?
    and another vote for PDA Net!
    PDA Net for me too
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acoy_7
    does anyone ever tried using treo650 as a modem with laptop successfully?
    I think somebody mentioned PDANet
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I use PDAnet--I wonder what other people use! ;-)
    works on Sprint when you set it up per the directions in the manual.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  11.    #12  
    screw pda net. i got mine to work. woot woot.

i use DUN when im at work. runs twice as fast as 56k
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    screw pda net. i got mine to work. woot woot.

i use DUN when im at work. runs twice as fast as 56k
    OK, how about sharing with others what you were asking for from them? I also have T-Mobile and would be interested in how you got it working without PDANet.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Get the program PDA net and use the sync cable. The BT method is faulty and disconnects.
  14. TJM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    works on Sprint when you set it up per the directions in the manual.
    I have been using the search function but still am not clear on the 'tethering flag' issue. I am a Sprint customer with a 650. If I start doing this without activation their PAM plan, assuming light useage, can I expect extra charges on my monthly bill?

Tom
    should not be a problem as long as you don't over do it (like connect your computer all day everyday type of thing). They are really more concerned with teathering on EVDO than they are with the 650.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    What advantages does PDANet have over DUN? Why pay for something you can get for free?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I don't use bluetooth for anything, so I would have to buy a bluetooth adapter. So either way, there is a cost. And since the PDANet trial has been working so well, that seems like the choice for me.
    In addition to many PC/Laptops not having built in Bluetooth, connecting that way is very difficult (even for advanced users). After buying a Bluetooth adapter and trying for hours at a time (reading every thread I can get my hands on here) - I still have not been able to get it to connect. I downloaded the trial version of PDANet, installed and was on after the first try.
  19.    #20  
    How I did it:

Plug in the BT receiver.

Go into Start>Control Panel>Bluetooth Devices

Idk what everyone elses does.

I need to add a device. So I search for decives. The device name is Matt. I double click that. You will need to set some kind of key. Set that key to number your remember. It will tell you to use a 8-10 digital number. screw that. My number is only 3 digits long for easy/fast access.

When thats done (adding the phone as a device) You need to look at the properties of that device. Look for the services for the phone and make sure DUN is checked. At this point you can look in modems to see if it added. (START>CONTROL PANEL>PHONE AND MODEM OPTIONS)

If its not there you will need to add a modem. Click add and follow the screen

At any point the BT receiver may try to connect to your phone, and ask you for that access number. Enter it for both computer, then phone.

Once you added the modem you need to set a propertie to the bluetooth modem. click on Modem over bluetooth connection and then goto properties. then on that new scren goto advanced. enter this.

AT+CGDCONT=1,"ip","internet2.voicestream.com"
    I use this bc i pay the 30 bucks a month for full internet. AKA Tmobiel Internet.

you need to add a network connection.

start>control panel>network connections

on the left side you will see 'add a new network connection'

follow that. you want to add a dial up network. it will not say DUN. you need to leave user name and password blank. the phone number is *99***1# . once you added this you need to right click the icon for dial up network. goto properties and check Modem Over Bluetooth Connection.

hope that helps. make it makes sence.