Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I have searched for this so please forgive me if it's there and I didn't see it.

I've had the 700p for about a week and today it started going into a loop when I put in the sync cable to do a hot sync with my laptop.

I thought it might be the cable, so I tried the cradle and the broke out the new cable that came with it....all the same result.

If I take out the cable the loop stops. It doesn't happen if I just use the smaller charger cable alone.

Any ideas?

I've made no modifications ie "hacks" and have not installed any new programs since the last time I synched.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Have you ever installed Card Export II? It caused that sort of loop on my 700p.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I did install it, but I just uninstalled it and I'm having the same issue. The Card ExportII did work for me before.

The cable doesn't cause a reset just by plugging it in, but as soon as I connect to the USB port....off to reset land we go.
    mine did the same thing with card export. if its still in the loop, try holding up on the 5 way while it resets. it got me out of the loop, and then I was able to uninstall it.

good luck!

-mike
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    The loop stops the minute you unplug from the USB. Just to be sure I did a warm rest after I uninstalled the card export.

My hubby just got home and I tried with his laptop....no problems...so I wonder if it's something to do with the USB ports on my laptop and docking station. (I've tried both)
    I'm uninstalling the palm software and reinstalling it again to see if that might correct the problem. I haven't had any other issue with these USB ports.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    In my case I did a hard reset to get rid of all vestiges of Card Export II. That fixed it.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I did a full sych with bluetooth, then the dreaded hard reset and all was well. Thanks to all.
    Same problem for me with Card Export II. Has anyone checked to see if they've issued an update to fix this?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Actually what you need to do is go into Card Export II and go to the menu option to uninstall Card Export II services. After your phone reboots then delete it using the Palm Manager. If you have already deleted it without executing the menu option you need to get it back on there somehow (SD card then copy to RAM, etc.) so you can execute the menu uninstall to stop the soft resets when the synch cable is plugged in.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. However, unpugging the phone and allowing it boot, I went into card export clicked connent then disconnect, and now it works again.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    Actually what you need to do is go into Card Export II and go to the menu option to uninstall Card Export II services. After your phone reboots then delete it using the Palm Manager. If you have already deleted it without executing the menu option you need to get it back on there somehow (SD card then copy to RAM, etc.) so you can execute the menu uninstall to stop the soft resets when the synch cable is plugged in.

Well that would have been easier than the hard reset, ah well. Is it safe to assume that since I no longer have a reset loop when I plug the phone into the USB cable that the hard reset worked?

It didn't occur me to uninstall vs. using the Uninstall program to delete the files. Live and Learn.....
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes...a hard reset will fix the problem for you as well...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Softick says 1-2 weeks for release of 700p version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Softick says 1-2 weeks for release of 700p version.
    Yep, they told me the same thing 3 weeks ago
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011