Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1638
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Why shouldn't we have the warranty honoured when all we are doing is removing and replacing a screw.

I agree. The point I was making is that removing even one screw does indeed void the warranty, as I understand it.

Thus we really cannot complain too much if they hold us to that if the sticker is missing.

Is that reasonable? Perhaps not, but it is a discussion worthy of it's own topic - I, for one, will not further hijack this one.
  2.    #1482  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I agree. The point I was making is that removing even one screw does indeed void the warranty, as I understand it.

Thus we really cannot complain too much if they hold us to that if the sticker is missing.

Is that reasonable? Perhaps not, but it is a discussion worthy of it's own topic - I, for one, will not further hijack this one.
    As most of you probably know the Treo tends to loose a lot of screws (and I don't mean a reset loop). I've seen phones with one screw holding the case together.
    If the rubber plug falls out for what ever reason (and I've seen that as well), the chances of the sticker staying on the antenna screw are very slim.

That said, I take no responsibility if they don't honor the warranty because the sticker is missing.
    For what its worth, I just returned my phone to Sprint in store, to do an exchange, without the sticker, or rubber cap... They don't look or care, in the least.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    In Singapore, they don't check the sticker at all. Just go to the designated palm collection centre and they do a one-to-one exchange. Seriously, I don't think the staff who works there know that the plug can be removed anyway. As long as the phone is in warranty and the reasons warrant an exchange, they will do it.

Just use a needle to remove the sticker and put it back after installation. Even if it is missing, don't think it will be a big issue.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  5.    #1485  
    Are you still selling your version of the antenna?
  6. tcs
    Just got mine from Ddeath. Perfect! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    In Singapore, they don't check the sticker at all. Just go to the designated palm collection centre and they do a one-to-one exchange. Seriously, I don't think the staff who works there know that the plug can be removed anyway. As long as the phone is in warranty and the reasons warrant an exchange, they will do it.

Just use a needle to remove the sticker and put it back after installation. Even if it is missing, don't think it will be a big issue.
    Hi Ddeath, do u still have anymore antenna for sale?? Pls advise via email vinloh72@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Zoti: I received my antenna today but the torx #5, which was supposed to come with the antenna, was missing. I'm a bit bummed, since the local hardware store has no #5 torx, so I can't install this thing. I sent you an email but didn't hear back from you. It's for order 729...
  9.    #1489  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Zoti: I received my antenna today but the torx #5, which was supposed to come with the antenna, was missing. I'm a bit bummed, since the local hardware store has no #5 torx, so I can't install this thing. I sent you an email but didn't hear back from you. It's for order 729...
    Sorry for that. I sent you an email back and will send you the Torx tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Thanks for your quick response here. I never received your email, so perhaps your email is acting up again?
    After my original shipment on 12/8 was lost, I've finally received the replacement (postmarked 1/10 from TX, received 1/17 in NY) after several contacts with zoti.

Replacing the antenna for my Sprint 700p took about 15 seconds, although it would have been nice to have included a link to the instructions URL on the receipt. The warranty sticker was very easy to remove intact, contrary to others' experiences. RSSI (##DEBUG# in phone) now shows -93~-101, whereas the stock antenna was -93~-99. So, reception-wise, there's no real difference.

There's a VERY minor gap in the rear of the antenna (left view) as others have mentioned, but it's negligible. However, the new stub appears to have a slightly smaller circumference than the case's (top view), resulting in a slight protrusion of the case's antenna housing on the left and front sides.

I think the fit issue may actually be the curvature of the antenna's internal housing, rather than the external stub, as the palm casing's front left now very slightly overhangs the rear, and there's a slight gap between the front and back case in the inner antenna housing (looking across the SD slot) from the right view. So, the fit's not perfect, but good.

Nevertheless, I'm impressed that the antenna matches the non-concentric parabola even this closely (I can just imagine zoti trying to draft the curves and explain to the manufacturers!).

If the price were lowered to $20, it'd be a definite impulse purchase for most people. Regardless, zoti's done a great job. I can't wait to show this off to my buddies with stock Treos!
    Last edited by palmcrash; 01/17/2007 at 02:29 PM.
    hey are the antennas instock??
  13.    #1494  
    Yes. They are all in stock at TreoAntenna.com.

mytreo.net ran out of the initial stock I sent them on the first day and are now back ordered. I'm working on getting some more antennas to them and filling all the orders I have in my pipe line.

It has been a few very cold and frozen days in TX and the fact that all of my family is sick (yes, me too) is not helping. I will get all processing orders out by tomorrow.
    I have put the short antenna on hold for a while until end of this month due to work and family committment, and also orders of case mod that I need to clear.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Zoti, has the whole 'shroter antenna' venture been a profitable one for you? Are you glad you started it or wishing you hadn't?

I'm hoping the Treo accessory market is worth it.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I really hope that it has been profitable for you. I truly love the antenna and the change in appearance of my phone! I was really happy to see that a larger retailer picked up your product! Best of luck to you.
    are the black ones out of stock? I dont see them on the site anymore.

I was just about ready to order too. hmm
  18.    #1499  
    Thanks guys.

Yes, the black ones are out of stock. I might get some more in soon but I don't have a definitive answer on that yet.
    I'll be sure to order one the minute it's available