Zoti
    wondering the status on my antenna?

2.    #1382  
    Quote Originally Posted by madman4you View Post
    Zoti
    wondering the status on my antenna?

It shipped last Saturday.
  3. jps
    Just received mine in the mail. Installed in a about 30 seconds - nice. Might have to do a little trim work on the Treo body to get a dead-flush fit, but I do not mind at all. At home, RRSI values (as measured through both Debug and SignalMeter) are identical - love it! I will go tool around Madtown a bit and test this further. The real test will be when I head way into the boonies for work...more on that later.

UPDATE # 1 - Later in the day
    I spent the majority of the afternoon taking the new Zoti antenna and the stock one within a 25 mile radius of my house to see if there was huge difference in RSSI values. The biggest difference I saw was -3 between the two antennas in any given situation. I also tested the phone, web, and SMS throughout and all worked perfectly. In short, I am very happy with this unit. I am going to ATL all next week so I will see how it performs there as well.

The only thing that is bugging me is the fit. When I first installed it, the back of the antenna seemed to sit up ever so slightly from the case while the front was perfectly flush. I trimmed the little lip that runs around the antenna hole thinking that would let the Zoti antenna sit flush all around and it made no difference. I am not done tinkering yet so maybe I can still get a nice flush finish all the way around. I do not have my camera at the moment, but it looks just like the "gap at the back" posted in earlier in this posting.

EDIT # 2 - Even later at night
    I just started re-redaing this whole thread and discovered there is a fix for the "gap at the back problem". I do not have any super glue tonight, but will get some first thing tomorrow morning and attempt the fix. Will update then...
    Last edited by jps; 12/21/2006 at 10:15 PM.
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
  4. jps
    I just tried to pop the top off of Zoti antenna as described here and it is not just popping off. I do have the "gap at the back" problem, but I do not want to break the new antenna while trying to fix it. Anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed without obliterating the cap?
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
  5.    #1385  
    Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    I just tried to pop the top off of Zoti antenna as described here and it is not just popping off. I do have the "gap at the back" problem, but I do not want to break the new antenna while trying to fix it. Anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed without obliterating the cap?
    The best thing to do is for me to send you a replacement. Please contact me through the website and I will ship you one.
  6. jps
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    The best thing to do is for me to send you a replacement. Please contact me through the website and I will ship you one.
    Thank you Zoti - I just sent you a note, via treoantenna.com, for the replacement request.

People, this is what customer service is all about!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Thank you Zoti - I just sent you a note, via treoantenna.com, for the replacement request.

People, this is what customer service is all about!!!
    I totally agree. Zoti's customer service is top notch! Just want to share my experience. Mine wasn't the smoothest as the first package was probably lost in the mail but Zoti sent out my replacements as soon as I emailed him and those got delivered fairly quick. He replied to all my emails within a couple of hours and apologized for the inconvenience.

Zoti, I do agree with SprintTreoUser that shipping with some type of delivery confirmation/insurance can avoid shipping issues like the one I experienced.

Either way, I think this is a great product and have recommended to many of my friends with Treos. No issues with it at all!
  8. jps
    JPS, you have a PM.
    I have replied to the PM, sent an email as instructed, and sent another inquiry via the online form at treoantenna.com. One of these is bound to work!
    I recieved my antenna today. Ordered sun, not bad at all for this time of year.
    I for one minute will never regret this purchase. Installed in a flash, no difference in reception and looks AWESOME. A slight gap in back, maybe the thickness of a bizness card, i can certainly live with that. Ineed to see if i ordered the right color cause this seems more grey than blue??? Thank you ZOTI. My girlfriend doesn't like any changes and when she saw this she freaked so i am off to order her one.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this PRODUCT. Don Boyd

order 566
  10.    #1391  
    The blue one is dark gray with a blue tint. The gray one is light gray.
    Zoti, my first week of usage and I got 3 major problems:

Your antenna made me lost some 10 calls while in progress. "Network signal faded and the call was lost". I had to redial it each time. In the same physical location all other guys have no reception problems with their multiple brand phones. It was in a high building.

Now, yesterday night in a restaurant I noticed no signal *at all* (as in some other old wide-walls buildings) and I said aloud "Well guys, at least nobody can bother us this dinner, there is no reception in this place" they checked and said "What are you talking about?, we all have signal!" and they made some calls... AAAGGH!... Cute antenna.

That was enough for my 700p.

My wife inherited my old 650cdma and I installed it on hers... We missed 6 phone calls today, never happened before.

I was order #18 and as I read here you *now* test every antenna to fix the "gap in the back" issue -which I have, and I'm sure you have some minor percent of bad antennas, perhaps that's my case, and -by the way- mine had some minor scratches when I received it.

As I see, the antenna fits much better in the 650 (in the top, forget the gap in the back issue wich is there in both cases) and I think there must be a release 2 with 2 editions: 650 and 700 series.

In short: nice look, bad reception for 700 and 650, I want it working! It really makes the Treo different.

My suggestion for release 2: take your time and make it ZERO, smaller or most desirable (for me) *** IMPROVE their quality compared to the stock antenna!

Bravo Zoti!

Merry Xmas to all.
    ekthor,

Maybe you should send it back. Your experience is so different than what others report that there must be something wrong with your particular antenna.

I have a small signal loss, but nothing that results in lost calls. And I am certainly not going back to the original antenna. This looks too good.
  13.    #1394  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekthor View Post
    Zoti, my first week of usage and I got 3 major problems:

Your antenna made me lost some 10 calls while in progress. "Network signal faded and the call was lost". I had to redial it each time. In the same physical location all other guys have no reception problems with their multiple brand phones. It was in a high building.

Now, yesterday night in a restaurant I noticed no signal *at all* (as in some other old wide-walls buildings) and I said aloud "Well guys, at least nobody can bother us this dinner, there is no reception in this place" they checked and said "What are you talking about?, we all have signal!" and they made some calls... AAAGGH!... Cute antenna.

That was enough for my 700p.

My wife inherited my old 650cdma and I installed it on hers... We missed 6 phone calls today, never happened before.

I was order #18 and as I read here you *now* test every antenna to fix the "gap in the back" issue -which I have, and I'm sure you have some minor percent of bad antennas, perhaps that's my case, and -by the way- mine had some minor scratches when I received it.

As I see, the antenna fits much better in the 650 (in the top, forget the gap in the back issue wich is there in both cases) and I think there must be a release 2 with 2 editions: 650 and 700 series.

In short: nice look, bad reception for 700 and 650, I want it working! It really makes the Treo different.

My suggestion for release 2: take your time and make it ZERO, smaller or most desirable (for me) *** IMPROVE their quality compared to the stock antenna!

Bravo Zoti!

Merry Xmas to all.
    A few questions. Are you and your friends on the same network? Some networks can have bad reception in certain areas while others are perfect.

Have you compared RSSI or at least athe amount of reception bars with the stock antenna and the short antenna at the SAME PLACE and SAME TIME?

I don't know about any missed calls but either you have reception or you don't. If you have reception but still miss calls then it has nothing to do with the antenna.

As for second version. It's still in the pipeline. Won't be out for some time but one thing for sure, It's going to look exactly the same with some internal improvements for a better fit.

The fit on the 700 may sometimes be a bit awkward and this is because the mod for the 700 was done after the antennas were made. Most have a great fit. If you could post some pictures I can tell you how good the fit is and if can be fixed.

One last thing. When you install the antenna make sure that the metal part (the gold metal piece at the bottom of the antenna) is making contact with the phone's motherboard. There is a small metal plate that the gold part need to slide on to. If it doesn't make contact then the reception will obviously be bad.
    Just got mine for Christmas and it is very cool. It went on very easy and the numbers look good. I for one am very pleased. No gaps or anything here.

Good job Zoti.

(I got a blue for the sprint 700p and it's really close to the original antenna color)
    Last edited by lugose; 12/25/2006 at 08:16 AM.
    The blue one is dark gray with a blue tint. The gray one is light gray.
    The light grey would have been closer to the original antenna, no sweat it's still awesome
    is this the proper place to ask you whats the status of my order? #613 i believe (i ordered it a few days ago over the christmas break so i do expect a little delay for holidays)
  17.    #1398  
    I will be shipping orders up to #620 tomorrow. This answers your question too EazyE.
    sounds hot.
    I'll be ordering one of these next week, I also just ordered a complete new GSM housing as well. It's project time