Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1638
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    I've had no difference in reception but I think your percentages are off. The CDMA scale isn't 1 to 100, because people like me would understand this, it's more like 50, best (I think, but I never seen it below 66) to 103, unusable, so this would make your loss percentage even greater. But like I said, I have seen absolutely no difference with mine.

I just calculated a simple percentage difference between the two numbers:

(95.625-90)/90 = 0.0625 ==> The reception of the Zoti antenna is 6.25% worse than the stock antenna.

or, another way to look at it:

(95.625-90)/95.625 = 0.0588 ==> The reception of the stock antenna is 5.88% better than the Zoti antenna.

Of course, these percentages don't mean much until we understand the scale. I presume it is some kind of decibel scale. Does anyone know the relationship between RSSI and signal strength?
    Last edited by Bob G; 12/19/2006 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Bob G, what program are you using? can you include a link please? I have looked around and am curious to measure my values. See my previous post for my comparison.
    I'm just putting the phone in the "debug" mode. In the phone application, enter #*#33284# (for Verizon Treo 650) and the parameters magically appear.

More information:
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/HashCodes
    the lowest/best reading i have seen on my sprint t650 is 54. Ordered my antenna sunday and has already been shipped,can't wait. Where is Zoti's operation based out of ??? Thanks
    Wow I got this thing pretty quick. Now I'm looking for the instructions.
  5.    #1365  
    I'm based in Plano, TX. The instructions are on TreoAntenna.com main page.
    k found the instructions (the site was down for a min)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    I'm just putting the phone in the "debug" mode. In the phone application, enter #*#33284# (for Verizon Treo 650) and the parameters magically appear.

More information:
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/HashCodes
    thanks, I will do the same.

I see your in WA,
    I'm in everett and thought I was the only one with a zoti antenna..........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Finally got around to taking pics of my slightly funky fit on my friends antenna...

prepare for picture spam.

http://www.reqnet.org/treo1.jpg
    http://www.reqnet.org/treo2.jpg
    http://www.reqnet.org/treo3.jpg

A gap at the back is virtually non-existent... but I can't quite seem to get it to fit on straight... If i just smash the thing sideways as someone else screws it in... I can get it a little closer... but a few hours later, hes back to about this same position... Any recommendations? Not really fishing for a replacement, but, if I gotta... whatever works.

The best part is... even a little sideways... this thing looks SEXY
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  9.    #1369  
    Is there a gap between the front and back case (on the side under the antenna)? Looks like the case is not closed enough and the front part is sticking to the right a bit.
    first off, customer service should end at 3am... gah! Anyway... yeah, that pic kinda makes it look like it doesn't it? I didn't remember it being like that... but ill grab his phone and take some more tomorrow... I fail at life tonight
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just calculated a simple percentage difference between the two numbers:

(95.625-90)/90 = 0.0625 ==> The reception of the Zoti antenna is 6.25% worse than the stock antenna.

or, another way to look at it:

(95.625-90)/95.625 = 0.0588 ==> The reception of the stock antenna is 5.88% better than the Zoti antenna.

Of course, these percentages don't mean much until we understand the scale. I presume it is some kind of decibel scale. Does anyone know the relationship between RSSI and signal strength?
    That's odd, in the videocast we made, the Zoti antenna had far better RSSI than the stock one (on a GSM Treo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    That's odd, in the videocast we made, the Zoti antenna had far better RSSI than the stock one (on a GSM Treo)
    This is definitely confusing. I can't speak for GSM, but only for my experience with my Verizon CDMA Treo 650. And since my data is from only one phone in a few locations, others may have different results.

I think we can all agree that more bars shown means a better signal, so here are two of the data points that I observed:
    -75 RSSI --> 3 bars
    -95 RSSI --> 1 bar

Notice that the debug mode shows RSSI in negative numbers, so -95 is actually a smaller number than -75. Therefore it is technically true that a larger number (less negative) is a better signal.
  13. jps
    This is definitely confusing. I can't speak for GSM, but only for my experience with my Verizon CDMA Treo 650. And since my data is from only one phone in a few locations, others may have different results.

I think we can all agree that more bars shown means a better signal, so here are two of the data points that I observed:
    -75 RSSI --> 3 bars
    -95 RSSI --> 1 bar

Notice that the debug mode shows RSSI in negative numbers, so -95 is actually a smaller number than -75. Therefore it is technically true that a larger number (less negative) is a better signal.
    I am in the same boat - Verizon CDMA. What I find interesting is if I go into debug mode I get a negative value while if I use the SignalMeter utility from Shadowmite then I get almost the same value, only it is a positive value. Hmmm....

FWIW, another TC member has a nice explanation of the correlations between RSSI, signal strength, and the like here.

One more thing, I have one of Zoti's antenna coming to me this week. I will install and post my findings back here - hopefully in a comparison of factory antenna vs Zoti antenna in multiple locales.
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    Correct. The higher the negative # equals less signal. This is what I gathered from my 700p.

-87 to -90 is 4 bars (havent gone lower than 87 so not sure how low before it goes to 5 bars)
    -91 to -95 is 3 bars
    -96 to -100 is 2 bars (haven't gone any higher than 100 so not sure on how far it goes before it goes to 1 bar.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Correct. The higher the negative # equals less signal. This is what I gathered from my 700p.

-87 to -90 is 4 bars (havent gone lower than 87 so not sure how low before it goes to 5 bars)
    -91 to -95 is 3 bars
    -96 to -100 is 2 bars (haven't gone any higher than 100 so not sure on how far it goes before it goes to 1 bar.
    I'm at one bar when I have a value of -99.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    VZW 650 fw 1.05a here with the Zoti. I get the same signal as with stock in Chicago. Lowest I have seen is -58 (outside under a Cell Tower) to -100 (no bars, but still able to make a bad phone call). I had the same with stock antenna. I love it...

On a side note, Zoti, in v2 of the Antenna, I ask that you put more rubber in the compound. I dropped my treo on my hardwood floor, it's still intact and functioning perfect, however, now I have white stress markings from the impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by azieba View Post
    On a side note, Zoti, in v2 of the Antenna, I ask that you put more rubber in the compound. I dropped my treo on my hardwood floor, it\'s still intact and functioning perfect, however, now I have white stress markings from the impact.
    Perhaps something closer to the antennas that are sold on Ebay? It\'s a more \"rubbery\" compound than Zoti\'s hard plastic ones.
  18. jps
    Quote Originally Posted by azieba View Post
    VZW 650 fw 1.05a here with the Zoti. I get the same signal as with stock in Chicago. Lowest I have seen is -58 (outside under a Cell Tower) to -100 (no bars, but still able to make a bad phone call). I had the same with stock antenna. I love it...

On a side note, Zoti, in v2 of the Antenna, I ask that you put more rubber in the compound. I dropped my treo on my hardwood floor, it's still intact and functioning perfect, however, now I have white stress markings from the impact.
    I am on the same setup as you - just a bit further north in Madtown. As for the stress marks - you have at least two options: 1) Color/hide with a permanent Sharpie marker or 2) Dye with vinyl die which is actually infused into the plastic so as to eliminate chips.
    Last edited by jps; 12/20/2006 at 09:33 PM.
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    uou could try rubberizing the cap. I believe you can buy this and coat the outer shell of the cap. nonobeez rubberized the side panels of a 650
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Hey Zoti, heck i am just in oklahoma city!! Hopefully i will see mine tomorrow??

As far as signal strenght i have seen mine at a 103 no bars