Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1638
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    wow. That looks good. Can you take a marco shot from the top down? I like the rounded look but wouldn\'t want to see any gaps between the antenna and the phone body.

Ill try but the macro isnt working too well on the camera i borrowed. My other camera crapped on me. Anyway as far as the gap, I did have some but I shaved a bit off the lining of the body and was able to get rid of most of the gap. below are the best i can do. Need to play around with the camera some more.

edit: took a better pic.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/IMG_3762.jpg
    Last edited by aznmode; 12/19/2006 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    OK folks....

Time for a field report. I received my Zoti Shortie Antenna on 11/20/2006.

So it's been almost a full month that I've been using a Zoti-fied Treo. I'm happy to report that I have ZERO complaints! The difference in my signal strength is extremely negligible. I really don't notice any speed issues while surfing the internets and I haven't dropped a single call.

I'm a heavy data user as well... I surf online while waiting in traffic and at stoplights everyday and usually whenever I have a free minute, I'm online on my Treo.

KUDOS TO ZOTI ON A FINE PRODUCT!

This ones a keeper!
    I've had mine on my replacement 700 for more than a week and so far no big difference between this and my other 700 with regular antenna. Sometimes they would be even, and other times the regular antenna would be 1-2 RSSI lower and at times the short antenna would be be 1 lower.
    Ordered 2, received 1. Order # 370

Zoti, I just received the 2nd antenna today. I'm sorry if i got a bit testy. I realize that you probably are a bit overwhelmed with the demand for your antenna. If I get any more antennas that may have been accidentially shipped to me I will send them back. However, I am going out of town until Jan 1, so it will be shipped back after I get back in town.
  4.    #1344  
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich View Post
    Ordered 2, received 1. Order # 370

Zoti, I just received the 2nd antenna today. I'm sorry if i got a bit testy. I realize that you probably are a bit overwhelmed with the demand for your antenna. If I get any more antennas that may have been accidentially shipped to me I will send them back. However, I am going out of town until Jan 1, so it will be shipped back after I get back in town.
    That's OK. You probably will get another one. Please return it to the address on the envelope.
    lol, Zoti, not trying to jump on the bandwagon, but I sent back the 2nd Antenna you sent me to replace the antenna that had a gap problem, but the 2nd antenna's reception was pretty bad so I had to go back to the first antenna which luckily the mailman hadn't picked up yet. I mailed back the 2nd antenna with the hopes that you could send me a Blue replacement but still waiting... I sent you an e-mail on your site but it was probably lost. I know you're probably swamped right now with the orders and x-mas but can you let me know if a new Bllue antenna has been shipped? I'll e-mail this message from your site as well. No matter what though, I love your product and commend you for your company's policies!
  6.    #1346  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub View Post
    lol, Zoti, not trying to jump on the bandwagon, but I sent back the 2nd Antenna you sent me to replace the antenna that had a gap problem, but the 2nd antenna's reception was pretty bad so I had to go back to the first antenna which luckily the mailman hadn't picked up yet. I mailed back the 2nd antenna with the hopes that you could send me a Blue replacement but still waiting... I sent you an e-mail on your site but it was probably lost. I know you're probably swamped right now with the orders and x-mas but can you let me know if a new Bllue antenna has been shipped? I'll e-mail this message from your site as well. No matter what though, I love your product and commend you for your company's policies!
    No Problem. I can send another replacement. I'll reply via email once I get your email as it makes it a lot easier to track the replacements.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I love my antenna, I have used it since my bday (yesterday) and have noticed neglegible difference in reception except at my chair in the house. The actual signal strength in that particular spot of my house has never been sufficient. I learned a long time ago to live with that cavet of the Treo line. (Gee honey, my phone dropped the signal ) Otherwise, the antenna has not impeded my usage at all.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    hehehe nice! But you seem to have quite a gap on yours. Mine doesn't have that and it's flush. Pics later today after I get home from school (ugh review sessions X.X).
    I had a gap when I installed mine too. The signal strength was also a bit lower. After a week I reinstalled the antenna. The gap meant that the antenna wasn't seated properly. After the reinstall the gap disappeared and my signal strength was back to normal (the way it was with the original antenna).
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    Craptastic webcam pic...
    Thanks for the shots... Don't really have the definition that I was looking for, but its enough to dream on I'm letting the antenna be wrapped for under the tree (was only allowed the temporary chubby of a test fit)... so Ill finangle with it more on Christmas
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Just wanted to say that Zoti is a class act as far as customer service. I tried out the antenna and just couldn't get the reception I needed in my semi-rural home (original wasn't that great, either). I finally decided to return it for a refund and it was taken care of quickly.

For what I'm guessing is a one-man show, the customer service has been fantastic!

Thanks, Zoti!!!!
  11.    #1351  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Just wanted to say that Zoti is a class act as far as customer service. I tried out the antenna and just couldn't get the reception I needed in my semi-rural home (original wasn't that great, either). I finally decided to return it for a refund and it was taken care of quickly.

For what I'm guessing is a one-man show, the customer service has been fantastic!

Thanks, Zoti!!!!
    You're welcome. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
    Zoti,

I think you should hire aznmode to slim down all the antennas even more, like his. lol

And aznmode can you take a pic of the bit and the tool you used, i think i might try the same once mine gets here.
    I'm not sure I want to make this a full time job lol. Anyway I'm at work at the moment and will try to post a pic of the bit i used. It's the standard cutting disk that comes with the dremmel. But I used the flat part to grind the antenna. You're gonna need some steady hands otherwise you can grind too much off. You then want to use a 600 grit sand paper to ruff out the unevenness and to even shape it further. When you’ve got the shape you want then lightly sand it to eliminate a lot of the lines created by the sand paper. The sandpaper will accumulate some residue from the antenna. You can use that part of the sand paper to do your light sanding. It will leave less lines. Then finally to give it the final finish, rub it on your jeans several times. This will bring the polish it had before.
    My #475 order status says it shipped on Dec 9. but it's been 10 days and I still haven't received it (I live in NYC). Is there a tracking number?
    Zoti,
    If one were to make a purchase today, what are the chances that it will have no gap. Is this something that you have corrected with current manufacturing and current inventory?
    Thanks.
    Sorry if this has been asked recently.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  16.    #1356  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    My #475 order status says it shipped on Dec 9. but it's been 10 days and I still haven't received it (I live in NYC). Is there a tracking number?
    I think it's the holiday season. Realisticly you are only looking at 6 business days. Let me know when you get it. It will probably arrive in a day or two.
  17.    #1357  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    Zoti,
    If one were to make a purchase today, what are the chances that it will have no gap. Is this something that you have corrected with current manufacturing and current inventory?
    Thanks.
    Sorry if this has been asked recently.
    I test each antenna now before shipping (I install it on a Treo650 and check for gaps). If there is a gap it goes in a pile of bad antennas.

Is it possible you will get one that has a gap? Yes but the chances are slim. I've had very little complaints about the gap since I started testing each antenna. I also re-glue all of them so the cap won't fall off.
    Quick Reception Comparison:

I get pretty crappy reception at my house, so I tried both the stock antenna and Zoti's at three different locations in my house. I get pretty good reception at work, so I also tried both antennas there.

The result (average RSSI for all locations): Zoti -95.6, Stock: -90
    Thats a difference of 5.6, or a 5.9% reduction going from the stock antenna to Zoti's. Not too shabby!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post

I get pretty crappy reception at my house, so I tried both the stock antenna and Zoti's at three different locations in my house. I get pretty good reception at work, so I also tried both antennas there.

Thats a difference of 5.6, or a 5.9% reduction going from the stock antenna to Zoti's. Not too shabby!
    I've had no difference in reception but I think your percentages are off. The CDMA scale isn't 1 to 100, because people like me would understand this, it's more like 50, best (I think, but I never seen it below 66) to 103, unusable, so this would make your loss percentage even greater. But like I said, I have seen absolutely no difference with mine.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post

Bob G, what program are you using? can you include a link please? I have looked around and am curious to measure my values. See my previous post for my comparison.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff