Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1638
  1. #1221  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    I tried holding it down with my thumb as I screwed it in but that's as much as it will go down. Its not too bad. I like it.
    My problem too....but don't want to "fix it myself"...klutz here! That is what my email was about...hoping for a better fit one!
  2. #1222  
    Zoti,

    Are you making manufacturing changes to deal with the caps that are incorrectly placed or not properly glued and fall off?
  3. #1223  
    on 30th Nov
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    .............
    Yes, I do need to replace a few antennas but I now test each and every antenna before shipping so I expect very few complaints from the next shipment and on.

    And as always, if you don't like it just send it back.
    ........................
    Last edited by johncc; 12/06/2006 at 06:34 AM.
  4.    #1224  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Zoti,

    Are you making manufacturing changes to deal with the caps that are incorrectly placed or not properly glued and fall off?
    I'm checking on this but at the moment I'm going through all my inventory and fix/test all antennas.
  5. #1225  
    Zoti,

    My order no. is #291 and I received a broken antenna in the mail yesterday. I have sent 2 e-mails to customerservice@treoantenna.com requesting for a replacement and requesting for a change to the blue antenna as a replacement. Hopefully you will be kind enough to allow the change.

    Also, I think there is room to improve the packaging of the antenna (ie. more padding) for overseas shipment due to the stresses that the package may take.

    Thanks.


    P.S.
    by the way, I mentioned in my first e-mail to you that I had problems getting the antenna to fit properly - well, I tried pushing the antenna in a bit further before tightening the screw and I think that will solve the problem. Thanks.
    Last edited by cywong; 12/06/2006 at 08:37 AM.
  6.    #1226  
    I've received some PMs saying I ignor emails from my site. Please understand that I had a major problem with my ISP and not only they have disconnected me from the internet for the past week but they have also lost some emails.

    I'm not ignoring anyone. If I didn't reply to your email it's because I didn't get it.
  7. #1227  
    Zoti, please refer to my post #1225 above.

    The e-mails that I sent to customerservice@treoantenna.com just got bounced back with an error message at your end.

    Please PM me with an alternative e-mail address.

    Thank you.
  8. tjdalton's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #1228  
    any idea when the website might be back online? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but I obviously can't right now. can anyone tell me the cost of these?
  9.    #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    any idea when the website might be back online? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but I obviously can't right now. can anyone tell me the cost of these?

    The website is up and running and never been down. It's the email I'm having problems with and it seems like a new problem. I'm checking into it now.
  10. #1230  
    Hi Zoti,

    I sent you messages on your Web site, a PM through Treocentral, and messages via e-mail. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you received any of them due to the problems you're experiencing with your Internet and e-mail connections.

    I was order #33---can you tell me if you've received my messages and if you have sent out a replacement (gray)?

    Thanks, Zoti. I hope you get your Internet and e-mail connections back soon.
    Treo 650, Verizon
  11.    #1231  
    it was shipped dec 1st.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfone13 View Post
    Hi Zoti,

    I sent you messages on your Web site, a PM through Treocentral, and messages via e-mail. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you received any of them due to the problems you're experiencing with your Internet and e-mail connections.

    I was order #33---can you tell me if you've received my messages and if you have sent out a replacement (gray)?

    Thanks, Zoti. I hope you get your Internet and e-mail connections back soon.
  12. #1232  
    Thanks, zoti. You da' man!
    Treo 650, Verizon
  13.    #1233  
    My oh My, what a mess they have made out of my email. For some reason the email forward only works half the time so some of the emails get stuck in my old email address...

    Anyway, I think I have answered all those who have emailed me in since last Tuesday. If you still need an answer please send an email through the website. If I don't answer you within 24 hours then there is still a problem with the email.
  14. #1234  
    Today I got my first, "Is that the new Treo?". (Meaning 680)
  15.    #1235  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Today I got my first, "Is that the new Treo?". (Meaning 680)
    NICE!

    http://thecia.com.au/reviews/b/images/borat-0.jpg
  16. #1236  
    Zoti,
    This is my order.

    Transaction ID: 3YX9441504622802G
    Item Price: $29.95 USD
    Total Shipping: $6.95 USD
    Total: $36.90 USD
    Item/Product Name: TreoAntenna.com
    Invoice ID: 378

    Only to inform you.
    Thanks.
    vivi
  17.    #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi View Post
    Zoti,
    This is my order.

    Transaction ID: 3YX9441504622802G
    Item Price: $29.95 USD
    Total Shipping: $6.95 USD
    Total: $36.90 USD
    Item/Product Name: TreoAntenna.com
    Invoice ID: 378

    Only to inform you.
    Thanks.
    vivi
    It shipped last Friday.
  18.    #1238  
    Quote Originally Posted by cywong View Post
    Zoti,

    My order no. is #291 and I received a broken antenna in the mail yesterday. I have sent 2 e-mails to customerservice@treoantenna.com requesting for a replacement and requesting for a change to the blue antenna as a replacement. Hopefully you will be kind enough to allow the change.

    Also, I think there is room to improve the packaging of the antenna (ie. more padding) for overseas shipment due to the stresses that the package may take.

    Thanks.


    P.S.
    by the way, I mentioned in my first e-mail to you that I had problems getting the antenna to fit properly - well, I tried pushing the antenna in a bit further before tightening the screw and I think that will solve the problem. Thanks.
    I'm trying to find a solution to the problem of damage while in the mail. Ofcourse I will send you a replacement.
  19. #1239  
    Put the antenna in a small piece of PVC tubing and cover with tape. That should protect it quite nicely.
  20.    #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich View Post
    Put the antenna in a small piece of PVC tubing and cover with tape. That should protect it quite nicely.
    That's funny. I was just asking my manufacturer if they can do just that.

Posting Permissions