Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1638
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    You don't need to open the housing at all. Maybe just seperate it a bit to create a very small gap. The antenna should go in fairly easy.
    I had to open the housing 1/8th inch to remove the stock antenna and the same to insert the short antenna.

Is that normal? I worried about that since I have spent hours trying to get pieces to line up when assembling a laptops and other small electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I had to open the housing 1/8th inch to remove the stock antenna and the same to insert the short antenna.

Is that normal? I worried about that since I have spent hours trying to get pieces to line up when assembling a laptops and other small electronics
    James, in my Zoti-Short-Antenna installation experience, I found the stock antenna pulled out of the phone with very little effort. Insterting Zoti's antenna into the phone also was very easily performed (without the need to open the housing at all).

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Even though I still haven't received my antenna, I did try to take off the stock antenna for practice and James is correct. Not sure if it's for all the Treo 700 series, but you need to open the housing a little bit to get the antenna off on the 700WX. From what I'm reading, it looks like the 650s come out a little easier.
    700p/w/wx require you to open the case a little because there is a piece of plastic holding the antenna in. This was added to the 700 series to keep your antenna from falling out if your screw came out for some reason. The 650's did not have this added feature, so their antennas should popout without needing to open the case any.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    This further proves my point about the whole antenna/warranty issue. Most of the employees in the stores don't know much about these phones, Treo Central or any of the accessories made for it. You put the stock antenna back on if there's a problem and they'd never think twice about it. Unless of course you have a Zero antenna and can't get it out....sorry....couldn't resist...just a joke....
    You're right, they never questioned the new antenna at all, except for admiring how it looked on my 650. I didn't even think of the potential problems!

FWIW, when I removed the rubber stopper to take out the stock antenna, there was no warranty sticker to remove. I don't know if that's typical. I assume my phone was new (and not a refurb) when I bought it because the 650 was in a sealed box, had no scratches or signs of use, etc.---of course, I could be wrong. I got it a little over a year ago.
    Treo 650, Verizon
  6.    #1146  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    700p/w/wx require you to open the case a little because there is a piece of plastic holding the antenna in. This was added to the 700 series to keep your antenna from falling out if your screw came out for some reason. The 650's did not have this added feature, so their antennas should popout without needing to open the case any.
    Oh, I didn't notice we are talking about a 700 phone. The 650 doesn't require opening the case. The 700 does require splitting it a bit as it does have that little piece of plastic.

Sorry for that. I'm trying to get my damn internet back and running.
    how long does it usually take for the antenna to be shipped? i ordered one yesterday but havent recieved any comfirmation other then the payapl recipt
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtob View Post
    how long does it usually take for the antenna to be shipped? i ordered one yesterday but havent recieved any comfirmation other then the payapl recipt
    Check post 1140.
    oh... thnx
  10.    #1150  
    I'm sorry guys. Seems like some at TimeWarner decided to cancel my account for no reason and I can't get online or check emails.

I already have a backlog of orders and will start shipping again when they fix my internet service.

I can get some of the emails but I cannot go on my website and print the orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I'm sorry guys. Seems like some at TimeWarner decided to cancel my account for no reason and I can't get online or check emails.

I already have a backlog of orders and will start shipping again when they fix my internet service.

I can get some of the emails but I cannot go on my website and print the orders.
    Sounds terrible. Can you let me know if my replacement antenna has shipped? I contacted you on Monday about my top falling off.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12.    #1152  
    I finally got my email working and I thank the Treo for enabling me to connect to the internet and access my website even though it is only 56kb.

All proccessing orders (up to #377) and replacements will ship tomorrow.
    zoti in my hero!!!
  14.    #1154  
    I'm still without internet access so I can't answer the emails I have been recieving. Please be patiant. I hope they will solve this within 24 hours.
    I did the fix for the gap and the fit is great now. But I got some glue on the top of th cap. I ended up sanding the entire cap with 2000 grit paper and it looks great. It made it slightly lighter and I like it. Sprint blue antenna.
  16.    #1156  
    All you have to do is put 4 small drops like in the instructions. It will spread evenly when you put the base in the cap.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Zoti, have you had your internet fixed yet? I sent an email to you via the store website. Thanks,

Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  18.    #1158  
    it's not fixed yet. I get emails but can't reply directly.
    I have also sent an email to the website!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if/where I can get a replacement rubber plug for the screw hole? After installing my antenna I put it back in, but I guess I didn't push it in far enough. After walking around for a while I noticed it had fallen out.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com