Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1638
    Yes feed back is helpful. It would also be helpful if done privately and not on an open forum. That would be helpful to the producer of the product and not the buyers. I need to voice my opinion because I do not want a refund or replacement. I have no way to be compensated for the quality of the product. So I must inform the manufacturer of the product concerning my disappointment and inform buyers that their product may have these issues.

Correct the manufacturer offers a excellent guarantee. That does not erase happenings if they receive a bad product. You have to break a seal on a screw and slightly open the housing to insert this antenna. I assume this voids the warranty on the phone. It is not exactly a fear-less procedure and users should be well aware that they may have to do this a few times with the first antenna of a replacement to get this thing to set right. The 100% guarantee isn't a magic wand that negates the right to complain. A buyer is not only out money if they receive a low quality product.

I do not think any user should put off buying a zoti antenna if they wish to improve the appearance of their phone but they should be aware that it may not be a painless procedure.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 11/29/2006 at 06:39 PM.
    Does any user speaking against me in the last few posts speak against me now?
  3.    #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517 View Post
    I've never understood why people feel the need to make comments like "Glad I didn't buy it", then follow with "no offense..." Were these comments (and this applies to ALL of the bashers on here, of all the various alternate antennas) helpful? Constructive criticism is a good thing, but there is nothing constructive about comments like these. I have not yet bought a Zoti shortie, though I intend to buy 2 for Christmas. One of the reasons I will choose a Zoti is because he backs up his product. He has had to replace a number of antennas that were damaged during shipping, but he has not complained. Most manufacturers tell you it's not their problem if something's damaged in transit. I have no idea how much this is costing Zoti, but I applaud his customer service. There is always a learning curve in manufacturing, and I bet this is Zoti's first foray into it. Nobody seems to realize the money he spent on R&D before the first order came in. That's a big risk he took! And there's NO risk to anyone who buys, given his very liberal return policy. So come on people. Yes, we all have a right to expect quality for our money, but try not to forget the human side of the equation. This is one person who had an idea and ran with it. Is the first batch perfect? No, but he's making every order right. If we're destructive with our comments, maybe he or the next inventor won't bother with their next big idea. That would be a shame.
    Thank you for your kind words. You are correct on every point you make.

I think that JamesRitter is a perfectionist (no pun intended) and as such he expects it to be perfect. He will notice small things that most will not. I'm close to being like that but he is probably worse than me :P

This is indeed my first venture into such a project and for the most it was accepted very well by almost anyone who bought it.

Yes, I do need to replace a few antennas but I now test each and every antenna before shipping so I expect very few complaints from the next shipment and on.

And as always, if you don't like it just send it back.

BTW, I'm going to change the process of returns as it is a bit difficult for me to follow the returns. I will ask for you to fill in a form before you return the product and this will help me be a lot more organized.

You learn as you go, I guess.
  4.    #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Yes feed back is helpful. It would also be helpful if done privately and not on an open forum. That would be helpful to the producer of the product and not the buyers. I need to voice my opinion because I do not want a refund or replacement. I have no way to be compensated for the quality of the product. So I must inform the manufacturer of the product concerning my disappointment and inform buyers that their product may have these issues.

Correct the manufacturer offers a excellent guarantee. That does not erase happenings if they receive a bad product. You have to break a seal on a screw and slightly open the housing to insert this antenna. I assume this voids the warranty on the phone. It is not exactly a fear-less procedure and users should be well aware that they may have to do this a few times with the first antenna of a replacement to get this thing to set right. The 100% guarantee isn't a magic wand that negates the right to complain. A buyer is not only out money if they receive a low quality product.

I do not think any user should put off buying a zoti antenna if they wish to improve the appearance of their phone but they should be aware that it may not be a painless procedure.

On another note concerning the other poster, I agree,,,,, It is retarded to say something offensive and tag on a "no offence" statement.
    And I accept your comments. I wanted to see a picture to determine if the problems you encountered are something I should be aware of.
    Just a quick thought and others may have had different experiences, but I don't see the need to be so concerned about removing the warranty sticker to replace the antenna. At least with my experience with Sprint so far...

Every Treo I've ever owned has been replaced at one point or another at a Sprint Store. Never once has the antenna been removed to check the sticker before exchanging or servicing my phone.

As far as the antenna, sure there are quality issues, but hey, the majority of us were desperate to get our hands on these. Perhaps some of the issues might have been avoided if only a few were sent out to get feedback before all of our orders were filled.

Anyway, I don't view my purchase from Zoti as a purchase from say, Palm or Seidio. I would expect those companies to offer an initial product with less issues. But to me, Zoti is just a "guy" on the Treo Central forum who had an idea to make (the single best, IMO) aftermarket improvement to any Treo I've owned to date.

Despite the (minor) problems, Zoti's customer service is top notch and the "big guys" could stand to learn a thing or two from him.
  6.    #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Just a quick thought and others may have had different experiences, but I don't see the need to be so concerned about removing the warranty sticker to replace the antenna. At least with my experience with Sprint so far...

Every Treo I've ever owned has been replaced at one point or another at a Sprint Store. Never once has the antenna been removed to check the sticker before exchanging or servicing my phone.

As far as the antenna, sure there are quality issues, but hey, the majority of us were desperate to get our hands on these. Perhaps some of the issues might have been avoided if only a few were sent out to get feedback before all of our orders were filled.

Anyway, I don't view my purchase from Zoti as a purchase from say, Palm or Seidio. I would expect those companies to offer an initial product with less issues. But to me, Zoti is just a "guy" on the Treo Central forum who had an idea to make (the single best, IMO) aftermarket improvement to any Treo I've owned to date.

Despite the (minor) problems, Zoti's customer service is top notch and the "big guys" could stand to learn a thing or two from him.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    JamesRitter- FYI, my post was directed at mrjasjit and people of that ilk. While I do think your tone was unnecessarily hostile, you expressed your feelings about a product you bought, as is your right. My objection is to people who just want to stir up trouble, without having a reason. IE if you didn't buy it, there's really no need to post about "glad I didn't buy it" and obnoxious comments like that. People have the right to express their feelings, and other people have the right to call them on it when they're just being jerks.
    EDIT: Also, nobody has made any attempt to hide the sticker/void your warranty issue- that's actually been discussed a number of times in this thread. Also #2 I am not, and I don't think anybody else is "speaking against you"
    Last edited by kbd517; 11/29/2006 at 07:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I've never understood why people feel the need to make comments like "Glad I didn't buy it", then follow with "no offense..." Were these comments (and this applies to ALL of the bashers on here, of all the various alternate antennas) helpful? Constructive criticism is a good thing, but there is nothing constructive about comments like these. I have not yet bought a Zoti shortie, though I intend to buy 2 for Christmas. One of the reasons I will choose a Zoti is because he backs up his product. He has had to replace a number of antennas that were damaged during shipping, but he has not complained. Most manufacturers tell you it's not their problem if something's damaged in transit. I have no idea how much this is costing Zoti, but I applaud his customer service. There is always a learning curve in manufacturing, and I bet this is Zoti's first foray into it. Nobody seems to realize the money he spent on R&D before the first order came in. That's a big risk he took! And there's NO risk to anyone who buys, given his very liberal return policy. So come on people. Yes, we all have a right to expect quality for our money, but try not to forget the human side of the equation. This is one person who had an idea and ran with it. Is the first batch perfect? No, but he's making every order right. If we're destructive with our comments, maybe he or the next inventor won't bother with their next big idea. That would be a shame.
    Good point.
    I have decided, as should others, that a Zero antenna is not for me. I use a holster type case and found that I need the antenna part to put in a certain direction and remove.

And as for Customer service, I am now dealing with GadgetPlus on customer sat issue.

I will keep you guys posted on how that goes.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Well said kbd517. James did not need to "jump through hoops". Just send it back and Zoti, as he has stated inumerable times, will replace it.

I am just glad that he had the perseverence to get this far. It's a great addition to the 650.
    Agreed. I am coming upon my ninth year using Palm devices (Palm III, IIIx Vx, WorkPad C3, m105, m515, Zire 31, T3, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650), and this is the most killer add-on product I have used yet.

And JamesRitter, this isn't meant to be a personal attack, but in all fairness, had you received an immaculately conceived, flat-sitting, perfect-in-every-way, zoti antenna for free, you would still have to remove that sticker and void the warranty to install it.
    Last edited by 4ster; 11/29/2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    And JamesRitter, this isn't meant to be a personal attack, but in all fairness, had you received an immaculately conceived, flat-sitting, perfect-in-every-way, zoti antenna for free, you would still have to remove that sticker and void the warranty to install it.
    Breaking the seal doesn't bug me concerning a second attempt of course. Its the thought of slightly opening the housing again that I dont like.
    JamesRitter- FYI, my post was directed at mrjasjit and people of that ilk. While I do think your tone was unnecessarily hostile, you expressed your feelings about a product you bought, as is your right. My objection is to people who just want to stir up trouble, without having a reason. IE if you didn't buy it, there's really no need to post about "glad I didn't buy it" and obnoxious comments like that. People have the right to express their feelings, and other people have the right to call them on it when they're just being jerks.
    EDIT: Also, nobody has made any attempt to hide the sticker/void your warranty issue- that's actually been discussed a number of times in this thread. Also #2 I am not, and I don't think anybody else is "speaking against you"
    I apologize. I assumed you were addressing me. I haven't really read any posts in this thread. I wasn't aware there were complaints.

I admit I wasnt looking at the product as unprofessionally produced from a fellow user. I do appologise. I shouldnt have epected perfection. It does look excellent. Zoti did a hell of a job and I applaud him for the idea and his efforts. I hope he makes a good bit of money with this venture. I thank him for the antenna since I keep smacked the protruding antenna on everything in sight.

Thanks Zoti.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    JamesRitter- it takes maturity to reconsider one's opinions- you get a in my book
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Oh I'm the a**hole for my post?

This is a forum and that is my thought. Enough said. I am glad I didn't buy it. Perhaps if/when the quality is stable, then I will consider it.

I made no mention of Zoti's return policy or anything else. My comment was my personal feeling/thought on the topic. I didn't call Zoti a liar or anything against him, did I? Nope.

As a follow-up, Zoti stated he will test each antenna before shipping. That is QA, so good for future orders.

Somebody need a hug? I "stirred up" trouble?
    Last edited by mrjasjit; 11/29/2006 at 08:45 PM.
    I stopped by a Verizon Wireless store today, looking for a new case for my Treo 650. The guy saw my phone and was totally confused---Treo 650, short antenna!?!?

I proudly showed him my zoti antenna and he was really impressed. Two other people in the store saw the antenna and I referred them to zoti's Web site.

Keep up the good work, zoti.
    Treo 650, Verizon
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    mrjasjit, you missed the ENTIRE point of my post, which given your attitude isn't much of a surprise. Of course you're entitled to your view, and you have the right to express it. My point (and please try to pay attention this time, as repetition bores me) is that your post was not: A) Informative B) Explanatory C) Constructive. You didn't buy an antenna. Wonderful. Coming into a forum and basically pulling a 3rd grade style "nyah nyah" is just dumb. You obviously feel superior to those who have bought it, and the small number who have had issues. Bully for you. Your snarky little "somebody need a hug?" just further proves your lack of relevance in this discussion. Oh, and to quote you..." Oh I'm the a**hole for my post?" I guess you've done a little self analysis. It's a start...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfone13 View Post
    I stopped by a Verizon Wireless store today, looking for a new case for my Treo 650. The guy saw my phone and was totally confused---Treo 650, short antenna!?!?

I proudly showed him my zoti antenna and he was really impressed. Two other people in the store saw the antenna and I referred them to zoti's Web site.

This further proves my point about the whole antenna/warranty issue. Most of the employees in the stores don't know much about these phones, Treo Central or any of the accessories made for it. You put the stock antenna back on if there's a problem and they'd never think twice about it. Unless of course you have a Zero antenna and can't get it out....sorry....couldn't resist...just a joke....
    Look, I'm an a$$hole! Why? Why not? I've been reading this thread for weeks (I'm a slow reader ;-) ).

I want to be an a$$hole. Woohoo!!!
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
  18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Breaking the seal doesn't bug me concerning a second attempt of course. Its the thought of slightly opening the housing again that I dont like.
    You don't need to open the housing at all. Maybe just seperate it a bit to create a very small gap. The antenna should go in fairly easy.
  19.    #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfone13 View Post

Thanks.
  20.    #1140  
    Looks like I will have to delay shipping again because TimeWarner decided to upgrade the cable network in the area and as a resault my internet connection is dead and I cannot sync my emails or access my website.