Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1638
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Zoti,

First of all I want to thankyou for your quick reply and fast resolution to my problem!! I followed the instructions that was posted on treoantenna.com and everything worked out PERFECT!!To re-attatch the top of the antenna, I used Krazy Glue, which seems to be a strong bond.. I purchased the BLUE antenna and have a 700P.. I have pics, but dont know how to post them here .. if some could help with this, I would be glad to post them...

Thanks again!!
    Fridayy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fridayy; 11/28/2006 at 10:46 PM.
    I used dollar store superglue to adjust my blue antenna. been holding for a few weeks now.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #1103  
    Quote Originally Posted by baneonrt View Post
    I hate it when people only answer half my questions

So what material is it made out of then. At least I can experiment with solvents that won't harm the plastic.

Steve
    Sorry. That is because I cannot tell you what it is made of apart from the obvious thing you already know that It's plastic.

I didn't go into detail there. I also use crazy glue/super glue to put it back together with no problems at all.
  4.    #1104  
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    Zoti,

First of all I want to thankyou for your quick reply and fast resolution to my problem!! I followed the instructions that was posted on treoantenna.com and everything worked out PERFECT!!To re-attatch the top of the antenna, I used Krazy Glue, which seems to be a strong bond.. I purchased the BLUE antenna and have a 700P.. I have pics, but dont know how to post them here .. if some could help with this, I would be glad to post them...

Thanks again!!
    Fridayy
    put them up on a free picture hosting site and link here.
    Quote Originally Posted by baneonrt View Post
    So what material is it made out of then. At least I can experiment with solvents that won't harm the plastic.
    Steve
    In my case there was not enough glue residue to worry about solvents.
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    .. I have pics, but dont know how to post them here .. if some could help with this, I would be glad to post them...
    Thanks again!!
    Fridayy
    Reduce the image size to below about 490k and on the message composition page, scroll down and use the [Manage Attachments] facility.
  7.    #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Reduce the image size to below about 490k and on the message composition page, scroll down and use the [Manage Attachments] facility.
    I didn't even know you can do that. I didn't even notice that option.

I would appriciate it if people will post pictures of their different carrier Treos with my short antenna to help others choose the color they like. All I have is a Cingular 650.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    OK pics posted on original message above.. thanks for the help!!
    My antenna is the BLUE Antenna on a 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    It was always a wrap around design. Never even tried to make it internal.
    I see... Because your prototype photos shows that it was internal so I thought it was.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  10.    #1110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    I see... Because your prototype photos shows that it was internal so I thought it was.
    You probably mean my photoshop mockup on the first post. That was just an image to demonstrate the idea behind the short antenna.
  11.    #1111  
    On the next day or two I will be working on fulfilling the orders I have processing and sending antennas to those who need replacement.

This will delay shipping for a day or two. Please be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Wow, you're one of the first ones and you haven't received yours yet? Where are you located?

Bumble, thanks for the reply. Since CT is pretty close to MA, maybe it's waiting in my mailbox when I get home tonite.
    Well, it's being shipped to Indianapolis, Indiana, although I am having it reshipped to me here in Eastern Europe (parents are from Indy )
    At this point, I am thinking that maybe my order got lost in the mail or something, because they sure haven't recieved it yet, and nearly 3 weeks is a LONG time for mail to go ANYWHERE.
    That being said, I am used to waiting around for EVERYTHING that has to be done here, so I am not all that impatient. If they haven't arrived in a couple of days, though, I might ask Zoti if he would be so kind as to resend my antennas
    Hope you get yours soon bub. Its a little frustrating to see people near order #200 having had theirs for days already and having order #11 nowhere to be found....
    Zoti, sent you an email through the site about a replacement blue antenna, just checking to make sure you got it?
    Well Zoti I got the antenna.

1) The top fell off as soon as I touched it.

2) The top had a rough spot in the back that I had to shave with a razor blade to make it less noticeable.

3) The metal connector came loose.

4) The plastic connecting piece had loose plastic shavings that I had to shape up with a razor blade to keep the pieces from falling down in the treo.

5) The green tape you use on the antenna was sticking out so that I would have to cut it off or use a toothpick and some superglue to dab behind the "flapped off" tape.

6) And its crooked. There is no way to straiten it out. I have a very high degree of manual dexterity and there is no way I re-glued this thing wrongly. It cant sit any other way. Its just crooked, not gaping,,,, crooked.

I love the antenna and I dont want a replacement or a refund. My reception is unchanged from the stock antenna. The crooked top wont bother me. Im ticked that I had to reingeneer and reassemble everything on this antenna.

Thanks for making this thing since the zero antenna is not an option as it looks very unprofessional. But Zoti, there are some serious quality issues.
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Well Zoti I got the antenna.

1) The top fell off as soon as I touched it.

2) The top had a rough spot in the back that I had to shave with a razor blade to make it less noticeable.

3) The metal connector came loose.

4) The plastic connecting piece had loose plastic shavings that I had to shape up with a razor blade to keep the pieces from falling down in the treo.

5) The green tape you use on the antenna was sticking out so that I would have to cut it off or use a toothpick and some superglue to dab behind the "flapped off" tape.

6) And its crooked. There is no way to straiten it out. I have a very high degree of manual dexterity and there is no way I re-glued this thing wrongly. It cant sit any other way. Its just crooked, not gaping,,,, crooked.

I love the antenna and I dont want a replacement or a refund. My reception is unchanged from the stock antenna. The crooked top wont bother me. Im ticked that I had to reingeneer and reassemble everything on this antenna.

Thanks for making this thing since the zero antenna is not an option as it looks very unprofessional. But Zoti, there are some serious quality issues.
    1. Well, we know it does.

2. That is part of the molding process. I have yet to see one cap with a rough spot like you describe but it is possible.

3. The metal connector is being held in place by the cap so if the cap fell off the connector can come loose. Simply put it back in place before you glue the cap on again.

4. I have no idea what this is. Can you post a picture?

5. It's possible it will be a bit loose. DON'T cut it off. This is the antenna element. You don't have to glue it on as well. Just make sure it slides in the phone when you install the antenna.

6. Post a picture. If you follow the instructions and slide the metal plate in the groove in the cap it WILL fit perfectly.

The only QA problem I agree to is that it was glued wrong. Unfortunately I could not see that until I had the antennas in hand.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Serious "Buyer Beware" issue, huh?

Glad I didn't order one.

No offense, Zoti, but that IS a Quality issue.
    Zoti it took me an hour and a half to get this thing so that it would look like the ones pictured. I am sorry but there is no way Im going to take it apart to take a picture of it.

The green tape was sticking out in a few spots and there would be no way to hold 3 different spots down while sliding in the antenna without gluing them.

When I re-glued the top I wiggled it ever so gently and felt exactly where the metal seats in the grove of the cap, and the brim of the cap seats on the base. Trust me I rebuild carburetors, build model ships and draw blood... no one has dexterity finer than mine.

Since the rough edge of the cap is on the back of mine Im not going to worry about it.

The plastic shavings that were on the connector part look like the byproduct of molding or whats eft after cutting it to fit into the phone. Its no big deal, it only took a minute to scrap it off but for 40 bucks it buggs you that its even there.

I hate to slam your product because it looks great now that its on.

If you think my complaints are bogus or a fluke I will be happy to return the antenna for a perfect one.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjasjit View Post
    Serious "Buyer Beware" issue, huh?

Glad I didn't order one.

No offense, Zoti, but that IS a Quality issue.
    "Serious Poster Exaggeration"! is more like it. Some people have had issues but most, like me, have had no issues so far. He's offering a 30-day, no questions asked warranty, so what are we suppose to be aware of?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've never understood why people feel the need to make comments like "Glad I didn't buy it", then follow with "no offense..." Were these comments (and this applies to ALL of the bashers on here, of all the various alternate antennas) helpful? Constructive criticism is a good thing, but there is nothing constructive about comments like these. I have not yet bought a Zoti shortie, though I intend to buy 2 for Christmas. One of the reasons I will choose a Zoti is because he backs up his product. He has had to replace a number of antennas that were damaged during shipping, but he has not complained. Most manufacturers tell you it's not their problem if something's damaged in transit. I have no idea how much this is costing Zoti, but I applaud his customer service. There is always a learning curve in manufacturing, and I bet this is Zoti's first foray into it. Nobody seems to realize the money he spent on R&D before the first order came in. That's a big risk he took! And there's NO risk to anyone who buys, given his very liberal return policy. So come on people. Yes, we all have a right to expect quality for our money, but try not to forget the human side of the equation. This is one person who had an idea and ran with it. Is the first batch perfect? No, but he's making every order right. If we're destructive with our comments, maybe he or the next inventor won't bother with their next big idea. That would be a shame.
    Well said kbd517. James did not need to "jump through hoops". Just send it back and Zoti, as he has stated inumerable times, will replace it.

I am just glad that he had the perseverence to get this far. It's a great addition to the 650.