Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1638
    Quote Originally Posted by jotek View Post
    Yo hamsup1o. I think USPS is just a big guessing game. I was order #11 and I still have not received the 3 I ordered. HAH. Oh well. Snail mail at its best Now when we get the ability to ship things straight through the internet... WOOOO! Until then, I guess we have to wait.
    Wow, you're one of the first ones and you haven't received yours yet? Where are you located?

Bumble, thanks for the reply. Since CT is pretty close to MA, maybe it's waiting in my mailbox when I get home tonite.
    On 28th November I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    #21 finally made it to Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I shipped it on 11/11 so it took about a week to arrive.
    Felt like more that a week
  3.    #1083  
    On 28th November I said...

Felt like more that a week
    You are ofcourse right. I don't even remember what date it is today. Actually it has been about 11 business days or just over 2 weeks.
    No problem. It was worth the wait.

Re. The signal loss on GSM. I have the impression that there is no problem in strong signal area, where I consistently get 4 bars.
    Arrived minutes ago, but came in 3 pieces! Uh oh! Guess the mailman slipped and fell on it on the way here as we're experiencing the biggest snowstorm in over 20 years here in Vancouver...heh. Perhaps have it shipped in a small box or wrap it up really, really good? I'll be emailing you, zoti.

Here's a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  6.    #1086  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Arrived minutes ago, but came in 3 pieces! Uh oh! Guess the mailman slipped and fell on it on the way here as we're experiencing the biggest snowstorm in over 20 years here in Vancouver...heh. Perhaps have it shipped in a small box or wrap it up really, really good? I'll be emailing you, zoti.

Here's a pic:
    This one is really busted. Please email me for a replacement.
  7.    #1087  
    I have now finished compiling the instructions on how to glue the cap back on correctly and how to fix the gap at the back of the antenna. It's a very easy process that should take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete.
    Please read through the instructions carefully.

The instructions are available here

The instructions are also accessible from the front page of TreoAntenna.com

I will email a link to these instructions to all customers.

I would like to know what everyone think about the instructions.
    Any word on how to modify the antenna to fit a 700 series phone?
    This one is really busted. Please email me for a replacement.
    Already done! Throught the "Contact Us" part of the page, right?

By the way the instructions look good to me. Very important emphasis on the angle of the cap, as that isn't so obvious for some who are trying to fix it themselves.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    What kind of glue was used at the factory and what kind of plastic is the antenna made out of?

I'd prefer to clean the old glue off first so the above information is vital.

Steve
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I have tested both antennas (Zoti and Gadgetplus) and recorded a review. I regret it's in Spanish but at least you'll see what are the gains and losses of signal.

Video review at palmInsider

Personally, my decision is clear: Zoti's antenna
  12.    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Any word on how to modify the antenna to fit a 700 series phone?
    I will try to get this done ASAP.
  13.    #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by baneonrt View Post
    What kind of glue was used at the factory and what kind of plastic is the antenna made out of?

I'd prefer to clean the old glue off first so the above information is vital.

Steve
    Unfortunately I don't know what kind of glue they used but it's obvious it was not good enough which is both bad and good. Bad because some caps fell off and good because it made it possible for me to fix the gap at the back of the antenna.

I found that you don't need to remove the glue to fix the antenna. Just make sure to glue it in the correct angle.
  14.    #1094  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    I have tested both antennas (Zoti and Gadgetplus) and recorded a review. I regret it's in Spanish but at least you'll see what are the gains and losses of signal.

Video review at palmInsider

Personally, my decision is clear: Zoti's antenna
    Awsome!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I Ordered mine from GadgetPlus on the 16th via Ebay.
    $29

Got this message the next day.

Hi,
    your order is shipped on 17 NOV.

Didn't get it until today, 11-28-06

When I received it I noticed it was shipped from Singapore.
    That might explain some of the delay.

I installed it within a min. Easy.. No instructions included.
    When you put the new stub antenna in, you have to press it until it snaps in place and the screw hole is visable. It has to wedge in to make connection with the signal line.

Haven't noticed any Signal loss yet.

Watching the compare video , I now wished I would have gotten the Treoantenna. I looks better on top and has better signal.

I would like to get a refund.
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 11/28/2006 at 06:26 PM.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    "popped" the cap as per Zoti's instructions. There is very little glue residue. I chose to install the base in the phone and glue the cap on "in situ". Happy with the results shown in the attached before and after images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johncc; 11/28/2006 at 06:40 PM.
  17.    #1098  
    "popped" the cap as per Zoti's instructions. There is very little glue residue. I chose to install the base in the phone and glue the cap on "in situ". Happy with the results shown in the attached before and after images.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU CHOOSE TO GLUE THE CAP BACK WHILE THE BASE IS STILL ON THE PHONE YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Still, nice resault.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I don't know what kind of glue they used but it's obvious it was not good enough which is both bad and good. Bad because some caps fell off and good because it made it possible for me to fix the gap at the back of the antenna.

I found that you don't need to remove the glue to fix the antenna. Just make sure to glue it in the correct angle.
    I hate it when people only answer half my questions

So what material is it made out of then. At least I can experiment with solvents that won't harm the plastic.

Steve
    If it helps, I used Loctite, QuickTite Super Glue Gel that I had laying around from Home Depot. The Gel helps to keep the glue in place and help prevent a permanent attachment to the Treo. I've put some pressure on it to test it....seems quite strong.