Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1638
  1.    #1061  
    I have decided to hold on the shipping of pending orders and replacements for 24 hours so I can make sure all the antennas I ship are good.
  2.    #1062  
    After spending a few hours trying to figure out why the heck there is a gap at the back of some antennas but not on others I have found the cause and came up with a solution for those who already own a short antenna. It will require re-gluing the antenna but it will be very easy to do and if you don't succeed it will still be covered under the warranty so you have nothing to loose by trying.

It is almost 3AM so I will post the solution sometime tomorrow with pictures that will make it very clear on how you can fix this. It seems that one problem (glue problem) is actually the cause and the solution of the other problem (the gap).

To make it easy to understand how to solve the problem you will need to see a couple of pictures with instructions so it will have to be tomorrow.

Anyway, all current processing orders will be delayed 24-48 hours until I can fix enough antennas to fill these orders but once I do I believe there will be no more "gap" or "glue" problems.

I will also hold on all pending replacement antennas until I have fixed enough antennas to send. This will also take 24-48 hours.

Thanks for being patient.
    I have wanted to lop off that antenna since the day I got my 650. Its a great device, but I've always hated that nob. Well, its finally gonzo! And doesn't it look sweet with the matching Sena case.

It took a little bit of force to squeeze the Treo housing together and then push down on the new antenna to get it snug. But as you can see it all went together well. (Like an ***** I assumed I had a Torex #5 but I didn't. I drove around all night scowering the city for one. I was not going home without it.) There is a very tiny tiny tiny gap on the back side but its not a big deal for me. I might try making the screw hole a little bigger to see if it helps. But don't misunderstand me, this is 10,000,000 times better than the stock antenna.

Signal? I'm using GPRS and the signal has gone from mid to low 20s with the stock antenna to high teens/low 20s with replacement. I've only had it on for 12 hours so I couldn't say if it drains the battery more. Even if it did, I'd rather buy an extended battery than go back to the dreaded nob.

Now if someone could just tell me how to replace the chipped and worn 5-Way Navigator key. Zoti, are you working on one of those too? Maybe something like a dental cap, just fits ontop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I recieved mine yesterday and installation was easy. I also have the gap but the black Seidio case covers it. Thanks Zoti, I have always been a protruding antenna hater.

I am know a PROUD owner of a 700P/Z (Z is for Zoti)!

james
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Shipping a Torx #5 to you tomorrow.
    Thanks Zoti!
    I haven't noticed any increased battery drain or signal decrease on my Sprint 700wx. It sounds like the CDMA benefit the most from this antenna in regard to battery and signal. Yet another reason I'm glad I switched from Cingular to Sprint.

I keep looking at my Treo and thinking its a 750 for a split second because of the new antenna.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Hey zoti, thought your antenna design was an internal one? Not a wrap around design like mine? Anyway, glad to see your production finally kicking in.

I'm taking a break after clearing my order list and doing full mod cases that includes short antenna for people currently. Too busy for anything else due to my engineer work and family.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  8.    #1068  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_jx10 View Post
    I have wanted to lop off that antenna since the day I got my 650. Its a great device, but I've always hated that nob. Well, its finally gonzo! And doesn't it look sweet with the matching Sena case.

It took a little bit of force to squeeze the Treo housing together and then push down on the new antenna to get it snug. But as you can see it all went together well. (Like an ***** I assumed I had a Torex #5 but I didn't. I drove around all night scowering the city for one. I was not going home without it.) There is a very tiny tiny tiny gap on the back side but its not a big deal for me. I might try making the screw hole a little bigger to see if it helps. But don't misunderstand me, this is 10,000,000 times better than the stock antenna.

Signal? I'm using GPRS and the signal has gone from mid to low 20s with the stock antenna to high teens/low 20s with replacement. I've only had it on for 12 hours so I couldn't say if it drains the battery more. Even if it did, I'd rather buy an extended battery than go back to the dreaded nob.

Now if someone could just tell me how to replace the chipped and worn 5-Way Navigator key. Zoti, are you working on one of those too? Maybe something like a dental cap, just fits ontop.

Nice coin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    Hey zoti, thought your antenna design was an internal one? Not a wrap around design like mine? Anyway, glad to see your production finally kicking in.

I'm taking a break after clearing my order list and doing full mod cases that includes short antenna for people currently. Too busy for anything else due to my engineer work and family.
    I thought the Zoti antenna was an internal design too. Once I got the Zoti antenna I see that it is a wrap around design.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I always preferred the reach-around design vs the wrap-around design
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I always preferred the reach-around design vs the wrap-around design
    http://homepage.mac.com/oatmeal/MAF/maxes/rimshot.gif

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Glad to see many of you received your antenna. Unfortunately mine still haven't arrive yet. Anyone out there in the east coast (specifically MA) received their antenna that was shipped out on 11/20? Not sure why it's taking so long. Maybe because of the holiday weekend.

Zoti, I was looking at the email confirmation to see if there is any tracking number but I don't see it. Would you mind PMing me that info. My order # is 196. It's for 2 "blue" antennas. TIA.
  13.    #1073  
    All antennas are shipped USPS first class hence there is no way to track it. It should arrive in a couple of days. Probably just delayed because of the holiday.
  14.    #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post

It was always a wrap around design. Never even tried to make it internal.
    Thanks for the reply Zoti...that's what I was thinking too. I'll give it a few more days. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing a pretty significant decrease in battery life with the new antenna?
    No loss of battery life here. In fact, it seems a little better. It could be I may not be using as much during the holidays. No significant loss in signal either. I have a Sprint phone.
    Yo hamsup1o. I think USPS is just a big guessing game. I was order #11 and I still have not received the 3 I ordered. HAH. Oh well. Snail mail at its best Now when we get the ability to ship things straight through the internet... WOOOO! Until then, I guess we have to wait.
    Hey Zoti,
    Thanks for the quick response. Just sent you an e-mail from your site with my info. I also requested a blue antenna instead of a light gray and gave a new mailing address as I just moved... Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.
    Thanks again for the great product and customer service!!
    Zoti ..

Hey this antenna is really cool .. except mine seems really gray (with no blue in it, doesn't really match my Sprint 650) and it has the "sticks up in the back" problem. Sounds like this can be fixed .. thanks!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Glad to see many of you received your antenna. Unfortunately mine still haven't arrive yet. Anyone out there in the east coast (specifically MA) received their antenna that was shipped out on 11/20? Not sure why it's taking so long. Maybe because of the holiday weekend.

Zoti, I was looking at the email confirmation to see if there is any tracking number but I don't see it. Would you mind PMing me that info. My order # is 196. It's for 2 "blue" antennas. TIA.
    Im in Hartford, CT. Mine were shipped the 11/20 and i just received them yesterday.