Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1638
    Hey Zoti, finally got my treoantenna today! Exited to put it on but i can't because there wasn't a torx as ordered Anyway, i sent you an email through the website so i look forward to hearing from you there. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Zoti,

Got my antenna today.. Love it.. BUT I ran into a problem installing it just now,
    the top came off... could you please be kind enough to send out a new one..
    I have been waiting all week for this.. and bamm its in 2 parts now.. I sent you an email via your website...

Eric Fraide
    fraide@hotmail.com
    Zoti, you mentioned (i thought) that you were gonna do some design tweaks to address some of the current issues... I was looking into picking up 2 myself and a friends 700... Would those updates be done by Christmasish?

*high five for timetables*
  4.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    Zoti,

Got my antenna today.. Love it.. BUT I ran into a problem installing it just now,
    the top came off... could you please be kind enough to send out a new one..
    I have been waiting all week for this.. and bamm its in 2 parts now.. I sent you an email via your website...

Eric Fraide
    fraide@hotmail.com
    I found that some of the antennas were not glued correctly and will break in the mail or when installed. That is why I try to test every antenna before I ship it and I offer a replacement for every antenna that breaks.

Shoot me an email through the website.
  5.    #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Zoti, you mentioned (i thought) that you were gonna do some design tweaks to address some of the current issues... I was looking into picking up 2 myself and a friends 700... Would those updates be done by Christmasish?

*high five for timetables*
    I'm actually running a batch these days with improvements. These will include a bigger screw hole, better glue at teh cap (you will have to break it to remove the top) and finding the cause of the gap some people have experienced.

I personally think the product is good with a couple of mishaps that can be easily solved.

I hope to ship it in the next shipment.
    Excellent Id love to get in on a new-and-improved zoti 2.0 :P Undeniable how quality of a product the antennas already are I look forward to getting one soon.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Zoti,

did you get my email? will the replacement be the new and improved antenna and could you ship it tomarrow?

thanks for, in my opinion, the greatest addition to the Treo anyone has seen!!

Fridayy
    fraide@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I found that some of the antennas were not glued correctly and will break in the mail or when installed. That is why I try to test every antenna before I ship it and I offer a replacement for every antenna that breaks.

Shoot me an email through the website.
    Add me to the list of people whose antenna top fell off during installation. See attached pic if you have a strong stomach. I sent you an email to customerservice@treoantenna.com with my order and contact info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Just to mention again, having the top fall off during the install can be a good thing.

When it happened to me, I installed just the bottom without it into the Treo. I trimmed the edge of the ridge on the Treo antenna base itself with a small blade a bit to allow the Top of the antenna to be able to lay perfectly flat on the antenna base. Then, I put some Super Glue Gel on the base of the antenna, where it had broken off from the top. This was also done while it was still installed in the Treo as well. I was then able to position the top (before the glue dried) on the base where it had the best fit all the way around. Looks perfect!
    Will you ever be able to get the antenna out should the need arise?
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    Is anyone else experiencing a pretty significant decrease in battery life with the new antenna?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    my battery seems to drain faster even with light use, i don't think im imagining it, i'll swap back to the old antenna and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by The UnDoug View Post
    Will you ever be able to get the antenna out should the need arise?

Antenna comes out fine. Nothing was ever glued to the phone itself. The top was re-glued to the base of the broken off Zoti antenna, not the Treo itself. But by glueing it (carefully) with the broken off base installed in the Treo, it allows the top to be re-glued to the broken off base in the position that it best fit on top of the existing Treo antenna base.
  14.    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Just to mention again, having the top fall off during the install can be a good thing.

When it happened to me, I installed just the bottom without it into the Treo. I trimmed the edge of the ridge on the Treo antenna base itself with a small blade a bit to allow the Top of the antenna to be able to lay perfectly flat on the antenna base. Then, I put some Super Glue Gel on the base of the antenna, where it had broken off from the top. This was also done while it was still installed in the Treo as well. I was then able to position the top (before the glue dried) on the base where it had the best fit all the way around. Looks perfect!
    SprintTreoUser is correct but you have to be very careful not to permanently glue the antenna to your phone. I have a batch of antennas that were not glued correctly and it seems that even though I test each and every antenna then sometimes the top falls off. I'm going through all of them and gluing them back together.

PLEASE BE VERY CARFUL NOT TO GLUE THE TOP TO YOUR PHONE. I CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO.
  15.    #1056  
    I think I will prepare instructions on how to glue the antenna back together the way SPrintTreoUser is suggesting. What do you guys think?

I know you all expect to get a perfect product and I apologies for the problems. I offer a replacement for those who do not want to do the gluing by them selves.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I think I will prepare instructions on how to glue the antenna back together the way SPrintTreoUser is suggesting. What do you guys think?

I know you all expect to get a perfect product and I apologies for the problems. I offer a replacement for those who do not want to do the gluing by them selves.
    I am not going to reglue my popped top. Please send me a replacement antenna.

thanks
    Scott,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  17.    #1058  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am not going to reglue my popped top. Please send me a replacement antenna.

thanks
    Scott,
    Anyone who is not interested in gluing it by himself will get a replacement. Make sure to send me an email through the website as I cannot follow the orders from the forum. Please include your order number and full name.
    #21 finally made it to Australia. Very happy with the appearance in spite of the small gap at the back. Don't think that I will notice it after the first week.

Mine is a GSM phone and there is a decrease in signal received. A loss of 1 bar on the phone display. I used Signal Meter which shows a threshold of 6 and on a GSM phone the higher reading the better. I took a series of readings before installing the Zoti, with it in and then again with the original back in.

Original 18 18 19 18 20 18 18 20 12 11 13 16
    Zoti 14 15 15 15 18 16 17 17 14 12 13 16
    Original 19 20 17 17 17 18 16 19 20 19 18

I will come back later and report on the use of the phone in practice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    #21 finally made it to Australia. Very happy with the appearance in spite of the small gap at the back. Don't think that I will notice it after the first week.

Mine is a GSM phone and there is a decrease in signal received. A loss of 1 bar on the phone display. I used Signal Meter which shows a threshold of 6 and on a GSM phone the higher reading the better. I took a series of readings before installing the Zoti, with it in and then again with the original back in.

Original 18 18 19 18 20 18 18 20 12 11 13 16
    Zoti 14 15 15 15 18 16 17 17 14 12 13 16
    Original 19 20 17 17 17 18 16 19 20 19 18

I will come back later and report on the use of the phone in practice.
    I shipped it on 11/11 so it took about a week to arrive.