Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1638
    Got mine today, too (Saturday). I haven't installed it yet, I'm trying to learn as much as possible by reading all of the posts first. Just call me chicken.

Thanks, Zoti.
    Treo 650, Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I appologize for anyone who might encounter a problem with their antenna. As always, I offer a 1 year warranty and will replace the antenna for you until you are satisfied.
    I'm aware of the gap in the back and the cap problems and I try to test every antenna before I ship them out.
    I'm going to run a few improvments next week. I'm going to try to improve the fitting at the back and make sure all he caps are glued strong to the base.
    Because the antenna is so short glueing the top had to be part of the design. I tested and glued a couple of antennas myself and once it's glued it's not going anywhere.
    You can glue it yourself if you like but mae sure to REMOVE THE ANTENNA FROM YOUR PHONE before you do so.

p.s. nothing like sitting in a remote cabin in Oklahoma answering questions on treocentral using your treo.
    Crap, you made it down to Oklahoma... lets hang out... gimme free stuff ?
    Got mine the other day, I was order #9. Every day on my way to work I pass through a spot on the highway notorious for its poor reception, and I usually drop a call on my 650. After installing the antenna, I no longer drop calls on that spot of the highway. Veeeery interestink... Thanks, Zoti for a product that exceeded my expectations!
    Is the phone boosting power in some way to compensate? I wonder...I can't be certain, but I've been wondering because it seems that perhaps I'm running down my battery just a little bit quicker now...which is not a problem...just a possible observation
    the phone's radio will compensate for loses in its radio transmit power yes. But the rssi values are what tell you a receive level, and no, it does not boost those at all. So if those values are the same or higher, it truely is just as good as stock if not a little better for cdma. GSM users might have some differences.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I was order #51 and the first antenna I received had about a 1 mm gap at the back. Zoti suggested a remedy which wasn't successful and he sent me a replacement very quickly (he also changed the color to blue per my request). This one fits MUCH better, but not perfect. There is still a slight gap in the back. It's about .4 mm, so I may trim this one on the front to get a little better fit if I can't live with the small gap. My reception seems not to have changed at all. Works great as I'm a eGrips & screen protector, pocket carrying type.

Great product and service.

I've attached a few images of it on my Sprint 650 with silver eGrips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
    I was order #51 and the first antenna I received had about a 1 mm gap at the back. Zoti suggested a remedy which wasn't successful and he sent me a replacement very quickly (he also changed the color to blue per my request). This one fits MUCH better, but not perfect. There is still a slight gap in the back. It's about .4 mm, so I may trim this one on the front to get a little better fit if I can't live with the small gap. My reception seems not to have changed at all. Works great as I'm a eGrips & screen protector, pocket carrying type.

Great product and service.

I've attached a few images of it on my Sprint 650 with silver eGrips.
    The fit in the pics looks very good. I would not mess with it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have ordered one of these #292...and it is due to ship on Monday......but now I have bricked my Treo.
    I am searching for a fix but don't think that there is one since I cannot get my 650 into bootloader mode....there is no response from the phone at all.
    I am considering taking this opportunity to get a 680....if I cannot find a soloution.
    It's a shocker of a day.
    Last edited by millydog; 11/26/2006 at 04:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    GSM on T-Mobile with unlocked 650. Sunday PM (11/26 CST). Day 2 of antenna.

Great results so far. Installed in about 2-3 minutes.

Some areas I get 1 less bar (at my house, some spots with bad coverage). But, while on the road it is the same as it was before.

Great mod though. LOL - there is no way I'm going to upgrade to a 680.
  10.    #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    GSM on T-Mobile with unlocked 650. Sunday PM (11/26 CST). Day 2 of antenna.

Great results so far. Installed in about 2-3 minutes.

Some areas I get 1 less bar (at my house, some spots with bad coverage). But, while on the road it is the same as it was before.

Great mod though. LOL - there is no way I'm going to upgrade to a 680.
    I expect the knock on the door from Palm's agents anytime soon.
    Well the good news, I received my package for my Treo antenna's - now the bad news, I paid for and was billed for two antennas but was only shipped one. I just sent an email so hopefully I will be able to get this resolved....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I replaced my Verizon 650 original antenna with the new zoti gray antenna. Despite a few bumps in the road---Zoti's customer service is unbelievably fantastic---my new antenna is installed and I love it. It really makes the Treo look sharp and I haven't seen any significant change in the signal bars since installation.

BTW, if anyone has a Verizon 650, I would suggest the blue antenna. I ordered the gray and while it looks fine, I think the blue would have been a better match.

to Zoti for sticking with this project and producing a great antenna!
    Last edited by Smartfone13; 11/26/2006 at 09:55 PM.
    Treo 650, Verizon
    Congrats on the new antennas and new look Treos.

I have decided to order the Verizon motherboard and do a self repair job on my Treo 650. I will wait until the motherboard and Zoti antenna with tool both arrive (I will need the tool for the repair job too)....so twiddling thumbs and dusting off my Tungsten T3 while I wait for these to arrive in Australia.
    It appears my battery drains a little faster with the new antenna as well. I could be wrong, however. We'll see in a couple weeks if it ends up being around the same.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  15.    #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Well the good news, I received my package for my Treo antenna's - now the bad news, I paid for and was billed for two antennas but was only shipped one. I just sent an email so hopefully I will be able to get this resolved....
    This was a packing mistake. I will refund you for the antenna that was not shipped as you have requested.

Again, My mistake. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    This was a packing mistake. I will refund you for the antenna that was not shipped as you have requested.

Again, My mistake. Sorry.
    ZOTI - WOW! Unbelievable service! For everyone, I woke up this morning to see a credit of 31.95 back to me through paypal. Awesome service, thanks for taking care of it s o fast!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Received mine on Saturday and immediately installed it. Installation was a snap. It took longer for me to find the rubber plug that had fallen on the floor. GSM/Edge reception on T-Mobile is equal to the original. Very pleased. Good work.
    Got mine this weekend and loving it except for the slight gap in the back and a little bit worse reception... Tried pushing but don't wanna break the antenna...
    Hey Zoti, how do you do a replacement? Do I need to send the old antenna back first? Or can you send a replacement first? I'd like to get a replacement and see which sits better first before sending back 1... Please let me know.
    Thanks!!
  19.    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub View Post
    Got mine this weekend and loving it except for the slight gap in the back and a little bit worse reception... Tried pushing but don't wanna break the antenna...
    Hey Zoti, how do you do a replacement? Do I need to send the old antenna back first? Or can you send a replacement first? I'd like to get a replacement and see which sits better first before sending back 1... Please let me know.
    Thanks!!
    I will send you a replacement and inclute a stamped return envelope. Please shoot me an email through TreoAntenna.com with your order # and full name.