Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1638
    Zoti, I'm order #18 and I have no news yet, but that's sadly normal for Mexico City. A question for you: I will go to San Francisco next week (tuesday to friday), I'd like to buy 10 of them + Screw, can you send them in express mode to ensure I receive them in the hotel? I will send details (addrs etc in private e-mail)
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Got mine today ... installed in 5 minutes. Looks great on my Treo 700p! I got the Blue version, which I think matches beautifully.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Does anyone have this antenna on a VZW 700p? I am curious which color you went with and why. Thanks,
    Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    STILL didn't show today. If you get yours, please don't tell me. Zoti might I suggest you start using UPS instead of USPS. They are usually dependable and it's very easy to estimate closely when a package will arrive.
    Got my replacement today....but going to wait for a nice quiet cat free day at work tomorrow to replace! Glad it got here before vacation on Sunday!
  6.    #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekthor View Post
    Zoti, I'm order #18 and I have no news yet, but that's sadly normal for Mexico City. A question for you: I will go to San Francisco next week (tuesday to friday), I'd like to buy 10 of them + Screw, can you send them in express mode to ensure I receive them in the hotel? I will send details (addrs etc in private e-mail)
    We can work somthing out but what happens if for whatever reason you miss the delivery?

Shoot me an email through the website. I'll be home sunday evening and I will try to think of something by then.
    Just to make ekthor feel better, I'm order #33 and I didn't get my antenna yet, either---I'm in NJ.

As Zoti suggested, I will also send a message to him via his Web site.
    Treo 650, Verizon
  8.    #1009  
    It should arrive within 3-5 business days and with the holiday weekend and all it should probably be there by next week.
    If it doesn't please let me know through my website. Be sure to include your order #.
    WOW! Talk about easy! My stock antenna literally "fell" out...no pulling required! and the new one just slid right in. I may want to mess with the "fit" a little as I do have the small gap at the back of the antenna.

It has been a great experience doing business with you!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I was #175 -- shipped Monday and received it yesterday (Friday). My signal actually improved slightly! It went from 88 to 93. I thought maybe my signal was waivering, but sure enough I put the original back in and went back to a stable 88. Put the Zoti ant. back in and went to a stable 93.

I bought the "blue" one for my Verizon 650. I was a bit concerned because my Verizon is gray. It actually looks great, though. I can't really notice the blue tint, just a nice gray that accents the phone well. Also, I used Zoti's recommendation about pushing down on the back while tightening the screw, and I don't have any gap whatsoever.

Obviously, consider me another VERY satisfied customer of Zoti's!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    I was #175 -- shipped Monday and received it yesterday (Friday). My signal actually improved slightly! It went from 88 to 93. I thought maybe my signal was waivering, but sure enough I put the original back in and went back to a stable 88. Put the Zoti ant. back in and went to a stable 93.

I bought the "blue" one for my Verizon 650. I was a bit concerned because my Verizon is gray. It actually looks great, though. I can't really notice the blue tint, just a nice gray that accents the phone well. Also, I used Zoti's recommendation about pushing down on the back while tightening the screw, and I don't have any gap whatsoever.

Obviously, consider me another VERY satisfied customer of Zoti's!
    Umm, your signal got worse. With CDMA, Verizon and Sprint, the higher the number the weaker the signal. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Umm, your signal got worse. With CDMA, Verizon and Sprint, the higher the number the weaker the signal. Sorry.
    Well darn! I stand corrected. It's a keeper anyway.
    @ cascade

got my antenna in Germany today. What an excitment . I had the same impressions as cascade:

GSM reception is definately weaker, usually three bars, where the ugly original antenna shows four. This is not confirmed though by shadowmite's prog where in both cases the signal strength shows 14-15 in an area with good reception, and 10-12 in an area with poor reception. Threshold says 6. Does anyone know of another signalmeter program with which I could test out who's right?

The Zoti antenna first left an unacceptable gap (about 0.5-1.0mm), and pressing and screwing improved a bit but didn't really solve. When pressing the antenna in, suddenly there was a snap and I was left with two parts. The comments I made would probably be censored, so I'm skipping them. After having calmed down I took a closer look. The top is glued onto the antenna body, and that came off. So what was left looked exactly like the Zero antenna (without cover ). So I thought about covering the antenna with some resin if I wouldn't succeed in getting the fit right.
    But it was obvious that the parts didn't match my 650 100%. Comparing it with the original showed me that some of the surfaces were fractions of a millimeter larger, and the antenna didn't slide into the treo as far as it should. Very carefully I filed or cut these protruding areas down a bit. The original screw hole is a bit larger than Zoti's, and I widened that to the original 2mm.
    Now the antenna fits perfectly into the treo.
    Unlike the original, Zotis top is intended to snap onto the treo. At least it does with mine. But it kept snapping off (remember it had broken away from the antenna). With a sharp jack knife I very carefully cut down the inner rim of that top, making shure not to injure the edge. That done, the top now snaps onto the treo and stays in place. Tomorrow, after a good sleep, I will glue the two parts together again carefully. Anyway, Zoti's antenna now fits like a glove, and even if reception were a bit worse, it will stay on my treo!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Got it. Very nice. Installation was very easy. As with everything I do, I installed it one handed. Signal strength does not seem to be affected. My RSSI value seems to be remaining steady. The gap on the back is there but I don't think I would have even noticed it if it had not been mentioned here. Thanks Zoti!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekthor View Post
    Zoti, I'm order #18 and I have no news yet, but that's sadly normal for Mexico City.
    Mexico City..I used to send mail to Mexico all the time and cross my fingers that the recipient would actually get it.. ;-(
    You live in MX City?
    Soy en Austin, Tx.

Chow..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Antenna is great reception seems better than the original. Fit is great. Thanks Zoti, you got me wondering now if I really need a 680. Thanks again.
    Oh yea you shipped mine on monday and got it on friday, I'm in oklahoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupocorvo View Post
    @ cascade

When pressing the antenna in, suddenly there was a snap and I was left with two parts. The comments I made would probably be censored, so I'm skipping them. After having calmed down I took a closer look. The top is glued onto the antenna body, and that came off.
    Same thing happened to me with my 700p...more than a few "colorful metaphors" were used! But, it turned out to be a good thing for me as well.

While I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to break their antenna intentionally, it does allow for further modification. Once the glue is applied, the top can then be positioned independently of the base for the best fit all the way around.
    Ordered my antenna this past Monday & received it today Saturday. Swaping was a sinch & reception wise it seems to be the same (via signalmeter) all around my home. I use a Treo 650, Cingular and I don't see any issues at all Good job Zoti I'm very satisfied with it
  19.    #1020  
    I appologize for anyone who might encounter a problem with their antenna. As always, I offer a 1 year warranty and will replace the antenna for you until you are satisfied.
    I'm aware of the gap in the back and the cap problems and I try to test every antenna before I ship them out.
    I'm going to run a few improvments next week. I'm going to try to improve the fitting at the back and make sure all he caps are glued strong to the base.
    Because the antenna is so short glueing the top had to be part of the design. I tested and glued a couple of antennas myself and once it's glued it's not going anywhere.
    You can glue it yourself if you like but mae sure to REMOVE THE ANTENNA FROM YOUR PHONE before you do so.

p.s. nothing like sitting in a remote cabin in Oklahoma answering questions on treocentral using your treo.