Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear that's the phone you're using!

Yeah - I saw that on the screen of the program and in some Shadowmite information, but I've been playing with it for an almost 2 hours and the higher the number the more bars and better reception. I thought I'd read somewhere that the bigger the gap between the threshold and the RSSI the better, but I may be wrong. That would make sense if the threshold indicated the "bottom" limit. I definitely lose reception when it drops to 6 or below. I'm wondering if the screen instructions are incorrect. What kind of SignalMeter numbers are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    My personal phone is a 650 on cingular.

BTW, in GSM phones the lower the RSSI, the better. It says so on the screen of the program.
    25-30! I didn't even know that was possible. The highest I've ever seen is 14. What do the 1000, 500, 1500 buttons mean?
  3.    #964  
    I really don't know. Shadomite is the person to ask. He writes on these forums. Maybe he can tell us.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    As noted before, all my tests show the exact same reception. Try to use SignalMeter to test the RSSI level.

Let me know how it goes.
    Curious that the program says the lower RSSI numbers are better. It seems like just the opposite is true. What gives?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #966  
    I have PMd Shadowmite and asked him for some explenation as to how his program works. I hope we will hear from him soon.
    It's the higher the better for GSM. (Apparently opposite for CDMA)

With the standard antenna I get about 16-18 and if I wrap my hand around the antenna it drops to 2. Also I agree with Cascade's approximate bars to RSSI relationship for GSM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Zoti: I've read the last half of this thread and didn't see this question answered. If I am thinking of upgarding to a 700p in the near future, is there any reason not to buy a 700p antenna to use on my 650 until then?

Thanks
    I was order #176 and got my antenna on MONDAY! Near Atlanta, Georgia.

I am not here to comment on the useability of the new antenna but to praise the customer service!

I also had a miscolored and broken antenna....emailed zoti through his website and had an answer in less than 5 minutes! WOW. So...he has already sent my new antenna out but I do except some delays in receiving due to the Thanksgiving holiday. But he must have been just sitting and waiting to answer any and all emails!

Keep rocking!
  9.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullingj View Post
    Zoti: I've read the last half of this thread and didn't see this question answered. If I am thinking of upgarding to a 700p in the near future, is there any reason not to buy a 700p antenna to use on my 650 until then?

Thanks
    If you have a 650 and plan to buy a 700 in the future then get a 700 antenna.

If you got a 650 antenna it's not a problem because I will post on my site how to make it fit a 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Curious that the program says the lower RSSI numbers are better. It seems like just the opposite is true. What gives?
    Technically, a higher value on the CDMA side is better. On the Treo CDMA side, the values are negative going from roughly -50 (perfect signal) to around -105 (no signal). -50 is higher than -105, but many say a lower number is better because its easier for most to wrap their mind around just the number without the negative sign.

So, if you disregard the negative sign then a lower number is better on CDMA. If you pay attention to the negative sign then a higher number is better.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post
    I was order #176 and got my antenna on MONDAY! Near Atlanta, Georgia.

I am not here to comment on the useability of the new antenna but to praise the customer service!

I also had a miscolored and broken antenna....emailed zoti through his website and had an answer in less than 5 minutes! WOW. So...he has already sent my new antenna out but I do except some delays in receiving due to the Thanksgiving holiday. But he must have been just sitting and waiting to answer any and all emails!

Keep rocking!
    You must have a connection with the USPS. I was order 162 which was shipped on Monday, "ZOTI (11/20/06 @ 2am: I will ship tomorrow all orders up to #202." Order 155 was the last to go out on Saturday(I was so upset ). I eagerly expect mine in Miami, Fla by Friday or Saturay.

You SO Lucky

Peace,
    James
    Spare a thought for us foreigners. I know #21 is still several days away.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/22/2006 at 05:18 PM.
    Quick thanks to everyone commenting and posting pics in this thread - most enjoyable! Now for my question......

I have a Cingular-branded Treo 650 in the Covertec black leather flip case and the stock antenna is always poking me in the side when it's on my belt and I sit down. I can tell from what I've seen thus far that zoti's antenna will sit no worse than flush with the top of my case, which is great. However, my 650 has the light grey antenna and I'm torn between ordering zoti's in the same grey, or maybe trying the blue version, as the Cingular 650 has the blue trim around the ear-piece area. Which colour looks best on this model? Your feedback (and pics if possible) would be greatly appreciated.
    Cingular Treo 650 - Firmware 1.31 - Software 1.15-CNG - Hardware A
    I have a Cingular 650 also and just put Zoti's gray antenna on yesterday. I think the gray is much less visible overall. Just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I agree with brutel1. I have a Sprint T650 and the blue antenna. It is more grey then blue, but the face of the Cingular Treo is just plain blue. If I were in your shoes, I would go with the grey antenna.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1 View Post
    I have a Cingular 650 also and just put Zoti's gray antenna on yesterday. I think the gray is much less visible overall. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    I agree with brutel1. I have a Sprint T650 and the blue antenna. It is more grey then blue, but the face of the Cingular Treo is just plain blue. If I were in your shoes, I would go with the grey antenna.
    Thanks, guys! I've been scanning the posts for the past hour and staring at my 650 on my desk, and think that you're right. Grey it is.

Zoti: I'd like to order the Short Antenna for 650 in Grey w/Torx 'driver, but don't see this (or the basic 650 grey antenna w/o Torx 'driver) in your product listing. Please can you add them to your site?

Thx,
    Nigel
    Last edited by parkinni; 11/22/2006 at 09:49 AM.
    Cingular Treo 650 - Firmware 1.31 - Software 1.15-CNG - Hardware A
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzter View Post
    You must have a connection with the USPS. I was order 162 which was shipped on Monday, "ZOTI (11/20/06 @ 2am: I will ship tomorrow all orders up to #202." Order 155 was the last to go out on Saturday(I was so upset ). I eagerly expect mine in Miami, Fla by Friday or Saturay.

You SO Lucky

Peace,
    James
    Thats not so bad. I cant even order one untill I get me paypal mess worked out. I moved and changed credit cards and now my account is "limited".

Should I just start a new account?
    JamesRitter, I would suggest starting a second paypal account. It's often a faster solution to getting a working paypal account.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer