Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekden View Post
    Zoti did you get my PM? What other information do you need from me? Any chance the replacement antenna will arrive this week with Thanksgiving in the way?
    I will ship tomorrow. I hope you will get it by the weekend.
    Zoti, don't feel like you have to defend yourself. Given that BUM has a post count of one (1), it's obvious that he/she is just a troll. Thanks for what appears to be a great product (hoping to get mine tomorrow) and equally good customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Zoti, don't feel like you have to defend yourself. Given that BUM has a post count of one (1), it's obvious that he/she is just a troll. Thanks for what appears to be a great product (hoping to get mine tomorrow) and equally good customer service.
    heh... my thoughts exactly... I originally started on a reply to Bum, but instead, opted for just posting my very positive experience with Zoti's antenna (see my review a few posts back).

I just also realized that for guys like me, who prefer a "crystal case" (or similar product) the Zero antenna just wouldn't asthetically work for me because I would have a little semi-circle "ledge" (from the case) where and antenna should be! The Zoti antenna sits just a tad bit higher than this "case-ledge" which means it's a perfect fit for a clear form-fit hard case like mine!

Yep....and I think the excitement generated about our Zoti antennas clearly shows the obvious winner in popularity among the two. As if we didn't know already...
    Thanks Zoti! I'm excited and can't wait to receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I will ship tomorrow. I hope you will get it by the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Bum has a post count of 1 simply because he has little patience for posts such as yours which have plagued TC for ages. As I usually do, I'll delete my message shortly until the next time I have something to say which might be of interest to the membership. Since I bought both antennas (direct PayPal to gadgetplus a while ago and Zoti order #4), I thought it might be useful to post my findings.

I'm not sure why Zoti should feel compelled to "defend" himself. My observations stand ,as does apparently his rather high shipping fee. Note that both antennas ship in very similar padded envelopes and that both screwdrivers are just fine for the simple task at hand. Anybody who looks at the actual Zoti antenna can clearly see that the potential for damage to the external circuit board is there, but since both both gadgetplus and Zoti offer an unconditional warranty, perhaps the only things that matter are the looks and the price.

You gotta love all those authoritative comments and praises/attacks from people who by their own admission have never seen or used the product...
    I'm not bashing gadgetplus as everyone is entitled to their preference, but the ebay completed sales tell a story as well. While there's no way to know about all of his other sales, in a month's time he is only up to 13 feedbacks (all positives BTW) and about 9 completed auctions for the month of November so far that I see. I think Zoti sold more than that in the first 5 minutes that orders were being taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    I'm not bashing gadgetplus as everyone is entitled to their preference, but the ebay completed sales tell a story as well. While there's no way to know about all of his other sales, in a month's time he is only up to 13 feedbacks (all positives BTW) and about 9 completed auctions for the month of November so far that I see. I think Zoti sold more than that in the first 5 minutes that orders were being taken.

I PMed gadgetplus directly and paypaled him, without an ebay auction. I can't stand extra ebay fees myself and figured I would save him some as well. I have my own review of the gadgetplus posted in a thread in the 700p forum, but have not seen or tried teh zoti version.

Bum has been a user since June 2005, just because he hasn't posted doesn't mean he isn't credible. He tested the two and gave his feedback.
    Gadgetplus has explained several time on this board that his eBay options were limited simply because he is a new member of that site. I and many others simply bought the antenna directly from him via PayPal (as I did for Zoti's) without going through eBay.

At the risk of once again spoiling everyone's fantasies with facts, I can point out that as of this writing, Zoti is listed by PayPal as "Business Member" with a transaction count of 0, while gadgetplus is a "Premium Member" with a transaction count of 9. Who wins? Nobody! Those counts are meaningless just as gadget's eBay feedback is at this time.

Why not simply assess each product for its specific merits based on feedback from other actual users?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Hey Chris, I dig the fact that you took pics of your Treo like it was a modelling photoshoot!!
    ...with the white background curved from the ground up!

heh.. ....now that's what I call a Treo fanatic!
    Why thank you Jimmy. I took the pics of my 700 with my 650, which has found new life as my TomTom v6 GPS unit. I also highly recommend TypePad, which is a great blogging site for Treo users.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    I love the new antenna from TreoAntenna.com awesome!

Hey cgordonn I hope you don't mind but I used your picture of your 700P and posted a article on PalmAddicts about the new antennas. Your Treo is now famous!

Kyle
    No problem Kyle. Of course if the pic make it to the bigtime news sites, I'll send you my address for my residual check
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Yep, I did say there's no way to account for his other sales, but I wouldn't discount 13 positives so far as meaningless either. And as I said as well, that everyone is entitled to their own preference. Still though, at least on this forum, it's pretty obvious which one that is.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Got mine today as well! Man it looks sweet. My wife though I got a new phone when I showed it to her. She sure was relieved when I told her it was just a new antenna, not a new phone. I know I couldn't get enough pics when I was waiting for mine, so for those of you waiting for yours here's a few pics of mine in the Seidio Rubberized case:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...6/IMG_0312.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...6/IMG_0310.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...6/IMG_0311.jpg
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Finally the quality pics and the angles I was looking for with the Seidio case. I love the way the antenna just sticks out of it. I want to order one myself, but I'm getting worried about the complaints of breaking clips (on the Seidio case).
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 11/21/2006 at 08:24 PM.
    Zoti,
    I got my antenna and it looks great. I'm finding significantly worse reception however. With the stock antenna, I get 3 bars. With your shorty, I'm getting 1. Wonder if anyone who has received theirs has any data to compare.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've done detailed comparisons of my before and after data, and so far it is identical as a fluctuating signal can be. I like to constantly check my signal. I don't know why, it's just something I do. I know almost exactly what signal I get in every area of my apartment (from constant checking), and am getting exactly the same from my Zoti antenna.
    Last edited by smeg36; 11/21/2006 at 10:13 PM.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  17.    #957  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob View Post
    Zoti,
    I got my antenna and it looks great. I'm finding significantly worse reception however. With the stock antenna, I get 3 bars. With your shorty, I'm getting 1. Wonder if anyone who has received theirs has any data to compare.
    As noted before, all my tests show the exact same reception. Try to use SignalMeter to test the RSSI level.

Let me know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob View Post
    Wonder if anyone who has received theirs has any data to compare.
    Don't wonder. Just read the thread. Your experience seems to be unique.
    I found SignalMeter and did some testing. Kind of all over the place, but it settled after a bit like this:

14 = 4 bars
    12 = 3 bars
    8-10 = 2 bars
    7 = 1 bar
    6 = 0 bars (but still works ... kinda)

6 is the lower threshold. If it goes below this, I lose reception.

With the original antenna, it settled in around 12-13.
    No antenna at all - couldn't get anything, no carrier, network search, etc.
    With the Zoti antenna - it settles in around 7-9, just 1-2 bars.

That said, I made a few calls. They were noticeably clearer with less breakup than I'm used to with this phone. Go figure.

I'll use it for a few days for a real verdict. My home and my work are in sketchy areas, but I am in super strong areas at different points throughout the day so I can compare.

Incidentally, I'm using a Cingular branded 650 near Seattle. Any GSM folks getting equal reception??
  20.    #960  
    My personal phone is a 650 on cingular.

I say, use it for a few days. If you are still not happy I will replace it for you.

BTW, in GSM phones the lower the RSSI, the better. It says so on the screen of the program.