Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
  1.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    yeah, we should meet for coffee.
    You do the drive I'll buy the coffee

Where I'm from they all think TX is a big desert. They are surprised to see trees and grass in Plano.
    Hi,

Any chance you can accept google checkout anytime soon?
    Well, after seeing the results of the different colors, i think i want to switch my order from gray to blue. What is the best way I should do this for you Zoti? I have not received the shipment yet, but i expect it today, should i refuse the package so that i dont have to pay shipping 3 times and only 2? Want to not be a burden and do this the best way possible...
    The antenna on my 650 fell out the other day and a little of the long piece of plastic broke off... If anyone wants to ship me their old antenna I'd be quite happy to pay your costs...
    As posted in the 700 forum thread on the Zero: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=126784

Slight changes seen in RSSI with Zero

Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  6.    #907  
    If you want to exchange color then please contact me through the website.
  7.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Hi,

Any chance you can accept google checkout anytime soon?
    Not anytime soon. PayPal accepts Credit Cards which makes it very easy for almost everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I guess shipping was a lot faster than I expected. I'm very pleased with your comments. Post pictures of your phone with the new antenna.
    You ain't kiddin'! I received my antenna shipment yesterday!

Too bad I was at a client site for the afternoon! I just found it in my office mailbox this morning and just spent like 30 minutes in our server-room looking for a #5 torx!!! I guess I'll have to take an extended lunch hour because I have a #5 torx at home.

The antenna looks GREAT Zoti! Thanks so much for putting these together!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I'll snap a couple of pics and post it to my blog and report back here.

EDIT: I have posted some pics here
    Hey Chris, I dig the fact that you took pics of your Treo like it was a modelling photoshoot!!
    ...with the white background curved from the ground up!

heh.. ....now that's what I call a Treo fanatic!
    Nobody acknowledged my idea of shaving off the top? Not even Zoti?

I was serious! It almost seems like you could just shave down the antenna "as-is". The stereo jack didnt seem to have any affect, so what about this mod? Just an idea. Steve
    I just looked into this 'experiment' a little bit. To simply replace the antenna with a stock unit (heaven forbid original doesnt make it though) would cost a measly 19$. I'm almost willing to put my own Treo in the bandsaw tonight at work and test it out. what is $19 to repair a $600 phone? Pennies I tell you, pennies. Steve
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I love the new antenna from TreoAntenna.com awesome!

Hey cgordonn I hope you don't mind but I used your picture of your 700P and posted a article on PalmAddicts about the new antennas. Your Treo is now famous!

Kyle
    Last edited by OrionNE; 11/21/2006 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by av8shunmeckanec View Post
    Nobody acknowledged my idea of shaving off the top? Not even Zoti?

I was serious! It almost seems like you could just shave down the antenna "as-is". The stereo jack didnt seem to have any affect, so what about this mod? Just an idea. Steve

Hey Steve,

I'm not sure about others, but for me, I'm not sure I understand exactly what idea you were trying to propose? Are you suggesting a stock antenna with a built-in headphone jack? If not, please clarify.

If so, did you realise that this mod already exists? Nonobeez here on Treocentral has made quite a few of these for people... lookee~lookee~> TreoTricks Blog

Just got mine, and it looks great. Reception is identical to the OEM antenna, so far. Great product, Thanks!
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Just got home from my first full day working with my new 700pZ in my jeans pocket. I didn't even notice it in my pocket at all...no more constant adjusting as I move around.

If anyone can post a higher res pic of it along with the black Seidio case, I'd appreciate it. I want to see a close up of how the case surrounds the antenna base.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Where in TX. That's wierd. Keep me posted as to when you get it.
    Got it today, looks great!

Thanks,
    Speaking of photoshoots... I'd love a naked treo 700 headon. Seen some nice shots in cases, and at crazy angles... but I just wanna see one with the phone on its back, and a straight overhead view <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Hey Steve,

I'm not sure about others, but for me, I'm not sure I understand exactly what idea you were trying to propose? Are you suggesting a stock antenna with a built-in headphone jack? If not, please clarify.
    I think he's suggesting simply cutting/sawing an inch or so off the stock antennae.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Got my black treoantenna for my 700P yesterday too - very fast shipping. But the ***** that I am, I thought I had a T5 screwdriver in my tool box. Of course, I didn't. Disappointed to say the least. Today I drove all over town looking for one. The last place I thought would have it was Home Depot - I was pleasantly surprised and bought a set there ($5.97). Got the new antenna installed as soon as I got back to the office. FYI: to seat it correctly, I had to somewhat shape the antenna element to expose the channel that the ridge on the phone seats in. Had to do it a couple of times until it seated all the way in. Yes I am very anal. The black looks great on the Sprint 700P. RSSI values are slightly diminished if at all. The real test would be everyday usage. Thanks for a great product Zoti. Kudos!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!