Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    We have discussed this option a few months ago on this thread and to install a 3.5mm jack will require too much modification for the regular user.

If you want to have a go at it yourself be my guest.
    I figured it would be asking a lot to try to merge those mods!
    (...and I must have missed those posts about it!)

Maybe if I ever build my Treo Kickstand, I'll add a 3.5jack, an S-video jack,
    and a SCSI port just for ol' times sake!

BWAHAHAHA!
    http://static.flickr.com/119/302014990_0618d443f5_o.jpg
    Just got mine. Took 20 seconds to install and it is working great!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Well, much to my surprise, #17 was in my mailbox today, and I just got it installed. Woo-hoo!

I can't tell any difference in signal strength (but have not had much of a chance to test it. Color match is near perfect. It looks beautiful. Like having a new phone.

All in all, I love it, especially with this case. They look like they were made for each other. Finally, my phone can never be upside-down in my pocket again.

WELL DONE, ZOTI!

P.S. If anyone knows the Sprint 650 hash codes for signal strength and wants me to run some tests, post them here and I will do them.

P.P.S. Isn't amazing that Zoti has 700W in his street address?
    Last edited by 4ster; 11/20/2006 at 01:27 PM.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    P.S. If anyone knows the Sprint 650 hash codes for signal strength and wants me to run some tests, post them here and I will do them.
    The Sprint code is ##33284# from the phone menu, look at the top value which is labeled RSSI. It goes from -55 (best, or maybe -50) to -105 (no signal).
    Zoti, do you have any more stock available?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    OK, the best is -66 outdoors to -89 indoors. I am consistently showing 3-4 bars. I can't tell a difference on voice or data.
    Last edited by 4ster; 11/20/2006 at 01:45 PM.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    OK, the best is -66 outdoors to -89 indoors. I am consistently showing 3-4 bars. I can't tell a difference on voice or data.
    The numbers don't mean much unless we look at what you were getting with the old antenna and compare. These could be better than before, as good as or less. It's good that you tested, but who knows what the difference is.

Hopefully people aren't losing any signal, the antenna looks good.

By the way, -55 is rare, you usually get it while you can see the cell antennas.
    My before and after RSSI values were virtually identical.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    The numbers don't mean much unless we look at what you were getting with the old antenna and compare. These could be better than before, as good as or less. It's good that you tested, but who knows what the difference is.

Hopefully people aren't losing any signal, the antenna looks good.

By the way, -55 is rare, you usually get it while you can see the cell antennas.
    I just put the old antenna on and checked the RSSI and like strohs, I can't see any significant difference in the two.
    - C.S. Lewis
    OK...in my best Ace Ventura voice...

"LLLLLiike a glove!"

Love it.

Had on my jeans with particularly tight pockets...what a difference!

Once I had that antenna off and saw what it looks like underneath for myself, there's no way I could have been happy with any version other than the Zoti.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 11/20/2006 at 02:49 PM.
    Also, if anyone has one installed along with a Seidio rubberized case, could you please post some pics?

Thanks!
  12.    #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Zoti, do you have any more stock available?
    Yes. I have more for 650/700 and in all colors.
  13.    #854  
    I guess shipping was a lot faster than I expected. I'm very pleased with your comments. Post pictures of your phone with the new antenna.
    my zero antenna install experience (sorry zoti, gadgetplus was already shipping), 1 of 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    zero antenna install, 2 of 2

all in all, so far at my home, the signal strength is virtually the same. I'll post back later in the week when I get a chance to use it more.

EDIT: The tape you see sticking out there was there when I got it. I guess the idea is you could use the tape to pop it out real quick if you needed to. Naturally, I've already pulled the tape out as I'm keeping the antenna in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blacknoi; 11/20/2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added more description
    Thanks for the 'warts and all' detail blacknoi. Glad I went with zoti.
    Thanks Zoti. Good job with this product. Fits like a glove and works great!
    Received mine from Zoti today as well. Easy install, looks great, and negligible loss in reception so far.
    So everyone received a shipping confirmation from Zoti? I haven't seen one yet and I have no idea what order number i am, but i was one of the orders that was lost in the shuffle, as i had to send my order via email to Zoti. Maybe you can tell what order number i am from that information Zoti? Anxiously waiting for the shipment!