Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Wow, top work looks really good.

And has a lot of potential as long as the reception is not affected, which i fear it might be not 100% though.

If that works for the 700p count me in for 2 when/if the GSM is release
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Wow, top work looks really good.

And has a lot of potential as long as the reception is not affected, which i fear it might be not 100% though.

If that works for the 700p count me in for 2 when/if the GSM is release
    Again, the reception should not be affected. The actual antenna will be the same length as the original. It's just going to be more internal.
    I would also like this for the 700p.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Are the antennas the same internally between GSM and non-GSM?
  5.    #65  
    GSM and CDMA use the same frequencies. So yes, they are the same.

I'm using a CDMA antenna on my GSM Treo. My original antenna broke off after less than 6 months.
    Since you are going through the whole trouble of making the antenna,
    maybe you could make them with additional features like maybe an
    LED on it or a headphone jack or maybe a hole for a laynard...

Basically, whatever we have been missing and wished we had in this
    general area.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I like my antenna the way it is... on my 650 that is. I'd prefer an antenna-less Treo if the form factor was thinner.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I wouldn't be interested unless it improved reception, or unless mine was broken. I would be tempted if the antenna was completely internal, but just a shorter nub doesn't appeal to me any more or any less. Amazing work though!
    I would get one if the price was under $25 and postage (shipping) to Australia was also reasonable, often the shipping is too much and I don't buy a product as a result. However, the short antenna would be great and help prevent it from catching on things.
    Jodi
    I would definitely be on board for $30 or less... any more than that & I might have second thoughts. Will you be throwing in the tool needed to remove the old antenna or will we need to purchase that separately?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    I would definitely be on board for $30 or less... any more than that & I might have second thoughts. Will you be throwing in the tool needed to remove the old antenna or will we need to purchase that separately?
    You don't need a special tool. A size 5 Torx screwdriver (T5) is all you need; they're easily found in most electronics and hardware stores. Most people who fiddle with their phones should already have one (or more).
    It is important to note that installing this antena would void one's warranty. There is a little sticker on that screw that would have to be destroyed in order to remove and re-install the screw. FWIW, both of my units are well out of warranty anyway.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    One thing to keep in mind is that under the rubber plug and covering the antenna screw, is a warranty sticker. If your phone is still under warranty, breaking this sticker could cause you warranty repair issues in the future.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I like my antenna the way it is... on my 650 that is. I'd prefer an antenna-less Treo if the form factor was thinner.

I AGREE!!
  15.    #75  
    Regarding the warranty sticker.

Yes, removing that screw requires you to go through the sticker BUT it is easly removed without breaking it and then put back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    One thing to keep in mind is that under the rubber plug and covering the antenna screw, is a warranty sticker. If your phone is still under warranty, breaking this sticker could cause you warranty repair issues in the future.

i was about to point that out. YUP, the warranty sticker is located on the back of that screw.

(there is a way to maneuver the warranty sticker out though)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch
    You don't need a special tool. A size 5 Torx screwdriver (T5) is all you need; they're easily found in most electronics and hardware stores. Most people who fiddle with their phones should already have one (or more).

Exactly my point... I don't normally fiddle with my phone (other than the software) and if one isn't included, it is helpful to now know the right size/type so I can go get one separately... Unless you are one of those that has more than one & would be willing to send it to me
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    me too - it actually helps me get it out of the vertical case I use. Maybe this one would grow on you after a while, but that "stubbiness" looks weird to me!
    There's a lot of hope for this new mod for antenna... but when is it going to be be made??

There's no talk about it actually being produced.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun
    There's a lot of hope for this new mod for antenna... but when is it going to be be made??

There's no talk about it actually being produced.
    Hopefully in a few weeks. We are finalizing the whole thing in the next few days.
Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast