Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Look at post #710
    FYI guys,

that picture is from a set from an "advertisement" from gadgetplus here on this thread...post # 674

ZERO for Treo 650 micro-review - ixtab1970 with pic

The rest can be seen here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=31
    Zoti gets them next Tuesday, with a bit of luck. But I guess that's not an update since it was previously published in this thread.
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by gymcshoe View Post
    Hi Zoti, any updates?
    Please read post #682
    Add me as a customer. Just ordered a black one for my 700P. Can't wait! I like the finished look better than the zero antenna. I just hope the performance is not too diminished. I actually don't mind an antenna at all but dropping your Treo, as I've experienced on the 600 and 700P (yeah stupid me), can lead to cracking the screw flange if it lands on the antenna the wrong way. Had to replace my 600's case. So hurry it up already Zoti!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Please read post #682

Sorry, I meant any updates in regards to if it will fit into the 700P because of the notch? Thanks
    Zoti mentioned previously that he would find out once he gets them. He will likely have to manually modify them to work with the notch.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Ordered the black for my 700p. Should go well with the Seidio Rubberized case. Anxiously awaiting a shipping notification next week!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi Zoti....

Nice product... was wondering if the mod you were going to do on the 650 antennas would work on a Verizon 700w. I searched the thread and did not see an answer.

And if so... what do i do when ordering it so you know its the Verizon 700w.

THANKS!
    Paul G
    <><
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    Hi Zoti....

Nice product... was wondering if the mod you were going to do on the 650 antennas would work on a Verizon 700w. I searched the thread and did not see an answer.

And if so... what do i do when ordering it so you know its the Verizon 700w.

THANKS!
    Paul G
    <><
    It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but here is an overview. The 700p/w/wx all use an identical antenna. There is a notch on the 700 that is not present on the 650, which the antenna was designed for. When Zoti gets his batch in, he is going to manually go about cutting notches on the inside of the antenna to make it fit the 700. He will post his findings here once that happens.
  11.    #731  
    I might not have to cut a notch as the base of my antenna is a bit thinner to accommodate the antenna element that goes around it.

But this is to be seen when I get the antennas.
    IMHO Zoti should send the first.. let's say 30 orders (if not *all* already payed ones) in express or ultra-fast shipping mode as a real apology for the delay. It's almost sunday and there are no good news yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekthor View Post
    IMHO Zoti should send the first.. let's say 30 orders (if not *all* already payed ones) in express or ultra-fast shipping mode as a real apology for the delay. It's almost sunday and there are no good news yet.
    What does Zoti have to apologize for? He is obviously working the best he can to get these manufactured and has to rely on a number of companies to meet deadlines. If anything, his biggest mistake has been being honest about the production process and optimistic about delivery. If he just said they'll be available "whenever", I doubt he'd be getting such a hard time.

Assuming he hasn't charged your credit card, why not buy another antenna if you aren't satisfied with his customer service. I, for one, applaud Zoti for being up front about the delays.

EDIT: ekthor, if you have already paid for your product, I take back some of the harshness of my post. However, I'm sure Zoti is doing what he can. You are on the cutting edge and sometimes that does not go as smoothly as you might like.
    I might not have to cut a notch as the base of my antenna is a bit thinner to accommodate the antenna element that goes around it.

But this is to be seen when I get the antennas.
    Cutting the notch may void warranty.
    And the is antenna element wrap around the base of the antenna. The big question here is, won't the element get scratch when the antenna is inserted or a breakage on the circuit track(element) thus a faulty antenna?
  15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    Cutting the notch may void warranty.
    And the is antenna element wrap around the base of the antenna. The big question here is, won't the element get scratch when the antenna is inserted or a breakage on the circuit track(element) thus a faulty antenna?
    I'm not going to vut the notch in the phone. You think I'm going to meet every Treo 700 owner and cut a notch on his phone?

I'm going to cut the notch on the antenna to fit. The antenna is not going to get scratched from being inserted into the phone. I'll tell you what, If you buy an antenna for your 700 (after I confirmed it will work on the 700) and you scratch it up while installing it I will replace it for you. How is that?
  16.    #736  
    As for shipping of the first batch of antennas, I will do my best to ship them ASAP and I will see what I can do about faster shipping. About 90% of the first batch goes to the US so I expect them to arrive about 3 days after I ship them. The rest go worldwide and I will definitaly try to get a faster shipping for those.
    zoti,

re the first batch. You have nothing to apologise for. Anybody who has been following this thread should have been fully informed about the situation when and if they ordered. Maybe we should not have been charged before they shipped, but as far as I am concerned that's no biggie. Thanks for your effort in following thru' on the project. Looking forward to mine.
  18.    #738  
    The way the shopping cart works I have no way to charge when I ship. Only at the time of order.

Again, anyone who is not happy can cancel their order anytime before I ship. Once I ship you can return the antenna within 30 days for ANY REASON what so ever.

That is the kind of guarantee and service I offer.
    Again, anyone who is not happy can cancel their order anytime before I ship. Once I ship you can return the antenna within 30 days for ANY REASON what so ever.
    That's pretty good IMO.
    zoti...all you are guilty of is being too informative.