Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Hello....I hope I am not bugging...but am hoping to get this antenna before a trip to Disney World...leaving on Nov 27th...what are my odds?
  2.    #682  
    Well, there is a good chance you will get it by then. Here's the update.

A few things happened in the last few days. Let's start with the fact that the colors are now correct. As you can see in the pictures below:

Blue
    http://www.treoantenna.com/images/04.jpg

Gray
    http://www.treoantenna.com/images/05.jpg

Also, as I mentioned before, the factory accidentally made antennas in black. I decided to get those as well as some of you were interested in this color.

http://www.treoantenna.com/images/06.jpg

I was promised that they will ship the antennas to me on Sat so I expect to ship them out to customers on Tuesday November 17th. I just hope there are no more problems.

Thank you all for being so patiant.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Zoti,

I am number 17, and would not mind a black one, if you have one ready to go. My case is black, so it would actually look better. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  4.    #684  
    Please send me a message through the website so I don't get confused with your full name and new color request and I will change it.
    I noticed the cap on these has a slot cut out of it. Is this for the 700 series or something different?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #686  
    No. This the way the antenna is build so the contact can go from the base to the antenna element.

700 series info will be next week.
    I wouldn't mind the black color either...
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    ... As to the installation procedure, It's: remove rubber cap under antenna (at back of phone), unscrew screw, pull old antenna out, put new antenna in, tighten screw and put plug back in.
    Don't forget about the "P1" sticker covering the screw. This is there to provide evidence of tampering. Destroying the sticker could void your warranty, so be very careful to remove and replace it intact.
    What is the duration of warranty? Mine is already more than a year old. Is it still valid?
    You can do what you want after 1 year, as the warranty expires after this time.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  11.    #691  
    Bob G is correct.

When I have the antennas in hand I will take pictures and prepare a page with detailed installation instruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Don't forget about the "P1" sticker covering the screw. This is there to provide evidence of tampering. Destroying the sticker could void your warranty, so be very careful to remove and replace it intact.
    I prefer to use a wooden cocktail stick for removing the sitcker covering the screw - Less likely to damage it with wood in my opinion
    Thanks for keeping us updated Zoti. Appreciate that. I am sure that most realise that some things are out of your control. Looking forward to receiving #21.
    YES the mistake ones are black!!!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I've been a 700P user for a while now, so didn't pop in here to see this thread existed until I found it as a link over in the 700P forum.

I just ordered the zero and will be more than happy to post before/after results. I have an interior office at work and get spotty reception at times. If there's a significant decrease, it should be readily apparent.

Also, as I read through this thread I saw a number of references to preferring the zoti design because of the more "finished" look of the product. I think they both look great, but actually, based only on the photos seen, I think the zero looks more "stock." But I think it's a personal aesthetics thing.

I'd be more than happy to post a comparative review of zoti's 700P solution as well if he'd like to send a sample (which would be returned upon completion), and have actually done a bit of similar writing in the past when I was a Sprint PRPRPR $person$ $and$ $did$ $product$ $comparisons$ $of$ $Sprint$ $handsets$ $and$ $technologies$ $vs$ $competitor$ $offers$.

At the end of the day, I appreciate all of the efforts by each developer to help geeks like us hack these most personal of devices in a way that makes them more attractive and more functional.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Personal aesthetics aside, though, I just don't see the exposed edges of the casing and gaps that aren't filled looking more stock than the Zoti antenna which is basically just a shorter "stock" antenna.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7361/sany0066pj8.jpg
    Just an update.
    From today onwards, all Treo 650 ZERO will be shipped in BLACK.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8...ckin650iz1.jpg

Black card, black stylus, black ZERO antenna, black IR port. Do you think it looks better ?
    Look's like gadgetplus' manufacturer goofed up on the colours too...hehehe j/k

Looks alright.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Personal aesthetics aside, though, I just don't see the exposed edges of the casing and gaps that aren't filled looking more stock than the Zoti antenna which is basically just a shorter "stock" antenna.
    That's the first shot I've seen showing such gaps, and if that's a typical fit, I'd tend to agree its a bit sloppy. If I'm looking correctly, the zero doesn't allow the casing to return to flush?

I guess I'll find out when mine arrives
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    That's the first shot I've seen showing such gaps, and if that's a typical fit, I'd tend to agree its a bit sloppy. If I'm looking correctly, the zero doesn't allow the casing to return to flush?

I guess I'll find out when mine arrives
    No, of course the case is flush. The very top of the antenna doesn't fill in the entire hole, it's curved on top so it meets the phone slightly curved, leaving a small void.

|/---\| <-- highly exaggerated ascii