Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    If the Zero antennas work with the 700p, it should work for the W/WX right? Or is there a difference? I don't see that there would be. Just curious...
    Just ordered mine. I am excited.
  3.    #643  
    I'm sorry I have to come back and report that we are experiencing another small delay.

I will talk to my manufacturer today and hopefully post some more info tonight.
    with #*744625 on my GSM 650, I get a display which has a RSSI figure which does not change, even if I wrap my hand around the antenna. (Nothing with #*33284 as expected) Guess I will have to use Signal Meter, which does at least produce results which go low when the antenna is shielded. (Similar results to treohelper.)
    Last edited by johncc; 11/05/2006 at 05:16 PM.
    Anyone know if the antennas are the same for the P and WX? If it worked for one it would work for both right?
  6.    #646  
    It should. These are all GSM and CDMA phones.
    Yes it should, provided the fitting is correct. zoti check your PMs for the pics of the notch in the 700-series antennas.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  8.    #648  
    Got it, thanks. I think I will only need to make a very small modification if even that as my antennas are acually thinner than the original 650 antennas because of the antenna element which is wrapped around the base.

Once I have the antennas in hand I will be able to test the fitting and determin if a modification is needed. I will probably do the modification here so I can ship the antennas ASAP.
    Sweet. Also, an alternative for Treo 700 owners is to take an Xacto and shave off that little notch. It's redundant as the screw keeps the antenna in anyway, and you would be able to use 650 antennas by doing that, which I have done (I swapped my 650's antenna with my 700p's).

Canuck PDA
  10.    #650  
    The problem with shaving it is that it will definitely void any warranty. I plan to notch the antennas in the correct place after I check and confirm that they will not fit in otherwise.

It should be a pretty easy thing to do.
    Zoti: another "small delay"? what do you mean? Another month?

I've bought Zero's and Zoti's, I'll do the test in an auditorium and will let you know. Some guys will order the winner's based on an open test. If the dead's ally can send his...
  12.    #652  
    I hope only a few more days but I don't have an update yet. Believe me, I'm sitting here pulling my hair as it is.
    I've now pm'd or emailed the three antenna makers about reviewing. So far Zoti has responded and said he'd send me an antenna. I'm waiting for confirmation (or decline) from gadgetplus and Ddeath. I will compare all three in 5 locations, and post the review/results both on TreoCentral forums and Palm Addicts. I'll let you know more information as it comes.
    HI, FYI, just installed the zero ant, the looks great, and the reception is good as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihenni View Post
    I've now pm'd or emailed the three antenna makers about reviewing. So far Zoti has responded and said he'd send me an antenna. I'm waiting for confirmation (or decline) from gadgetplus and Ddeath. I will compare all three in 5 locations, and post the review/results both on TreoCentral forums and Palm Addicts. I'll let you know more information as it comes.
    Just curious, which carrier are you on?

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Just curious, which carrier are you on?
    I am on Verizon (CDMA)
    Dear TreoAntenna customer,

As you know we have just started taking orders through our website and we are using PayPal to receive payments.

Due to some problems between PayPal and our server we are missing your order. We have received your payment from PayPal but some miscommunication between the two websites prevented us from creating an order.

Only a few orders were affected by this error and unfortunately yours is one of them.

We ask that you reply to this message with the following information:

Customer Name:

Product ordered (antenna or antenna + Torx#5 including color gray/blue):

Quantity ordered:

We are truly sorry for this mishap and are working on correcting the problem. Please be assured that your order will ship on time.

Thanks,

TreoAntenna.com

I got this email and responded. Was this all fixed?
  18.    #658  
    Yes, all orders are fixed and pending for the shipment of antennas to arrive.
    Zoti, my order was for a 700W. (It is the only one to colinblair.com). I had planned to cut the slot myself but will take a pre-modified one if you can figure it out.
  20.    #660  
    Cutting the slot should be easy but I plan on modifying a pack on antennas for the 700. If you prefer, I can ship it as soon as they arrive and you can do it yourself or wait a couple more days until I finish it.

Let me know.