Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Good lord, now it's 20%+? Next week what will it be, 25% ? 30% ?

I don't understand the bone to pick here. Really don't.

yeah. the fact that someone already said (a reviewer) that there isn't any signal difference, everyone still continues to hammer gadgetplus.

guys, if you don't like gadgetplus, it's one thing but to come out and LIE about him and his product is ridiculous. You haven't even received Zoti's and you guys are already turning into fanboys.

for god's sakes, don't buy gadgetplus' antenna if you don't like it but quit hammering the guy when you don't even have the his antenna tested out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    In summary:

zoti = stock reception
    ddeath = 10-15% reduction
    zero = 20+% reduction
    Agreeing with the earlier posters here - I'd like to see evidence for these numbers.
    In summary:

zoti = stock reception
    zero = 20+% reduction
    Bro, my antenna is stock reception for the original design. Like I said, I'm sticking to the initial design with the antenna strip externally like the original long antenna, not the internal one I've just shown.

I'm not against anyone here, since I think having the antenna core internally is great as it looks better and is easier to make. People just need to take note when they are buying one if their area they stay in has lesser reception. If the place they stay in has great reception, then I don't see why they should not buy the zero antenna from gadgetplus.
    Last edited by Ddeath; 11/04/2006 at 11:10 AM.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat View Post
    Zoti's antenna is cool, but for a cosmetic upgrade $30 is a bit steep in my opinion. Maybe that's what it has to be priced at because of the low numbers of production or high materials and labor costs. If it was $20 I'd consider it, if it was $15 I'd definitely buy it, but at $30 I have to reluctantly pass.

Certainly initial production costs and he'd probably have to have a real large volume of sales for us to see a price drop.

Anyway, I think most don't view this as a cosmetic upgrade. If anything, I prefer the look of either an antennaless Treo or the Treo as is, not this. But, of the two available, at least Zoti's maintains a more finished appearance than the Zero antenna.

For those of us who keep the phone in our pants pocket, shortening the antenna eliminates the pressure point that the pants place on it. It can really make a big difference in comfort when sitting. It could also help prevent the case of the phone splitting at the antenna base as a result as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    Built an internal core antenna.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...x/DSC00139.jpg

Reception is definitely affected, by about 10 - 15%. Those who lived in areas with lesser reception should take note. Guessed I'm sticking to the original design where the signal is not affected.

By the way, sorry for some of guys who ordered from me that I was not able to meet their request so far. Too busy with my full time job and family here.
    I regret to say, you as a seller calling another product performance based on unknown(findings or guessing) grounds, You lost all credibility in your words.

Btw, if you are unable to make a 650 antenna perform like ZERO(or looks like it), please do not post phony picture like the above.

The real ZERO antenna is this
    http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6...pare650cw2.jpg

In summary:

zoti = stock reception
    zero = 20+% reduction
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Agreeing with the earlier posters here - I'd like to see evidence for these numbers.
    Can we call nightlight's as a defaming post ? Findings based from ?

Why don't all 3 makers sent both set of 650 & 700 for a reviewer to run test on?
    Definitely not just a cosmetic upgrade like what SprintTreoUser said.

The first time I built and installed the short antenna on my treo, I was so happy. It's like I've just got a new treo that looks fantastic now. All my colleagues who saw my 'new' treo comments how good it looks now. Everyone that I met and got their short antenna installed by me was glad to get rid of the long antenna. Their faces basically light up when the antenna was replaced.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    I regret to say, you as a seller calling another product performance based on unknown(findings or guessing) grounds, You lost all credibility in your words.

Btw, if you are unable to make a 650 antenna perform like ZERO(or looks like it), please do not post phony picture like the above.
    gadgetplus, please read what I've written before you comment. I said I built an internal antenna core, meaning putting the antenna strip internally. My original design has the strip externally. I did not say I build a zero antenna. If you see my pic, I still left a short stub which is just the base plastic antenna body, which I can remove and look like yours if I want to. However I did not want to have a zero antenna as I preferred a more complete look, which I've mentioned before in other post.

You are the one that said that your zero antenna reception is poorer.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=432

So I thought I build one to test it out like what you did. And it does shows slightly lower number when compared to the original like what you have posted. So what unknown grounds are you talking about when I'm doing what you did?

I said in post above that people should buy your antenna if they like it if the area they stay in has good reception. I did not prevent anyone who is interested to buy your antenna from getting one. I've also sold the antenna I've posted in the pic to a local buyer, warning him on the slightly poorer reception.

Please do read the posts before commenting.
    Last edited by Ddeath; 11/04/2006 at 11:54 AM.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

Guess I do owe a apology for my foolish reading & reply.
    Yes, ZERO are designed with a antenna strip build in the centre. And the strip are the original strip taken from the stock antenna.

Signal Meter program is not really accurate.
    Based on my testing,
    A typical area in the city;
    GSM - RSSI value - Signal Bar on treo (1-4 bars)
    Open space
    - Original Antenna - 24 - 4bar
    - ZERO Antenna - 19 - 4bar
    Enclosed Space
    - Original Antenna - 17 - 4bar
    - ZERO Antenna - 14 - 4bar

Even RSSI value of 8-10(2Bar) on ZERO, calls made are still clear & sharp in quality.
    Guess every Treo user knows, even with the original antenna, sometimes call may still drop without a reasons.
    And yes, above are quoted by me during my initial testing antenna. But I do mention the 1st disclaimer in the first line "Signal Meter program is not really accurate."

Signal strength testing & real life making a call is totally different. The absorption by individual(dielectric properties of human head tissue, when phone place at ear) will be different in all cases.
    So having the antenna strip in or outside the antenna does not make much of a different.

There are reviews from users in this forum stated there is no different between my ZERO & stock. WE should based this as a benchmark - Users' usage.

With my apology, I still offer both 650 & 700 antenna for a 'appointed' reviewer who are able to review all 3 makes. - zoti, Ddeath & ZERO.

as for the 'appointed', guess we will have to wait for him to step forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    Bro, my antenna is stock reception for the original design. Like I said, I'm sticking to the initial design with the antenna strip externally like the original long antenna, not the internal one I've just shown.

I'm not against anyone here, since I think having the antenna core internally is great as it looks better and is easier to make. People just need to take note when they are buying one if their area they stay in has lesser reception. If the place they stay in has great reception, then I don't see why they should not buy the zero antenna from gadgetplus.
    Sorry about that. I thought that you were saying that your antenna was 10-15%.

So the ddeath and zoti antennas are equal to stock and the gadgetplus is 20% worse.
    It would certainly be good to see a different prospective from a T/C reviewer to evaluate this products. But even that would not suffice as individual users are affected by the very nature of network access and perhaps the condition of the Treo owned by the individual user.

The object of these products are all the same, reduction of the antenna size with the least amount of signal reception reduction.

Right now, different members have different experiences with the product. To benefit other members interested in these products, please report only what you have specifically tested and experienced. Add your regular phone environment, i.e. in metro city strong signals or inside home weak signals as well as other conditions that could be validated by other users within the same vicinity.

If you have not tried out the competition, try to refrain from posting opinions with regards to to the other products.

Thank you.
    Zoti going to have fun when he gets back this weekend and see where is thread has gone...lol.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    as for the 'appointed', guess we will have to wait for him to step forward.
    If there's a search for someone to review all 3 models of shorter antenna I'd gladly do it. I'm impartial, while I can see the benefits of a shorter antenna I'm not really clamoring for one so I haven't formed an opinion on any of them that are available so far. I would have to learn more about signal strength (aside from the number of bars shown on the screen), and maybe acquire the necessary software for testing such, but that shouldn't be too hard and I'm a quick learner.

I have a range of locations available to me for testing. Here in Milwaukee Verizon has good coverage, but in the back of my office building signals drop off quickly. I also use the phone quite a bit during the work day so I'd have a lot of actual talk time to evaluate the signal strength with.

If there's serious interest in doing this, and if the community thinks I may be able to help by performing this comparison review, I can think of a couple ways to go about it. The first option would be for each of the manufacturers to send me one of their antennas. If that isn't agreeable to all 3 then I could start a fund and take donations from forum members to purchase one of each of the antennas.

I would make my review available for TC to publish. Or, we could enlist one of their existing reviewers to do the job.
    Last edited by Cool Cat; 11/04/2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typo
    ...and if you wanted a GSM tester, I'd gladly do it and write something up on that as well.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I've sent Zoti an email to review his antenna, with no reply. I'm Cingular GSM.
    I'll give a detailed review of the Zoti antenna when I receive it. I've got Sprint and have a great location that's on the fringe of coverage. I'll test with the debug screen to get precise numbers.
    Nightlight,

I was proposing to use Shadowmite's Signal Meter for a review of my Zoti when I get it. Can you please describe the "debug screen" method.
    ##debug# It's the best way to test reception.
    To get into debug mode on a CDMA Treo, go to the dialer screen and type in:

Sprint
    ##DEBUG#

Verizon
    #*#DEBUG#

On GSM Treo's I believe you have to type it in like:
    #*DEBUG then hit Enter/Return

Remember that DEBUG=33284 on the dialpad.
    Last edited by stroths; 11/05/2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    ##debug# It's the best way to test reception.
    For Verizon its: #*#DEBUG#

BTW...I get the same RSSI value with zlauncher's and treohelper's signal meters...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    For Verizon its: #*#DEBUG#

BTW...I get the same RSSI value with zlauncher's and treohelper's signal meters...
    It's #*744625 (#*SIGNAL) for TMobile and Cingular GSM (perhaps all GSM) but the value doesn't change, it's static AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Maybe$ $not$ $even$ $right$ $at$ $all$, $doesn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $change$ $for$ $me$, $ever$.