Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante View Post
    Anyone lucky enough to have both as to present a technical comparison for us to consider (e.g. signal strength, ease of installation, etc.)
    It sounds like the "zero" one will decrease reception about 20%. No word yet on the Zoti one.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    I saw mine! Right in the middle!

Woo-Hoo! #17!
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    WOW! So glad to see the real thing!

One question for Zoti. I thought you have deep blue one and gray one (between cingular 650 and Verizon 700p) I know the real color might be quite different from what I see on my computer display, but the darker gray ones seems not blue tint. Are the darker color ones in the picture actually the blue one for Sprint 650s?

I've ordered (order #12!!) gray one for my Sprint 700p, but if what I see in the picture is accurately colored, it looks like the darker one might fit Sprint 700p better.

Does the darker one in the picture actually have blue tint??
    Let me share with everyone.
    a post from michelle - Gadgetplus Zero Antenna Review on the Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    good god the antenna looks great!!! take that, blackberry! reception is the same.
    http://images19.fotki.com/v37/photos...IMG1007-vi.jpg
    http://images19.fotki.com/v33/photos...IMG1005-vi.jpg
    thanks, gadgetplus. shipping was quick as well. it took less than a week to get to me!
    That's because those aren't the ones from zoti. Look at the poster. It's the Zero antenna from gadgetplus. Notice the different design as well.

By the way, zoti, here are my pics of the differences in the 650 and 700 antennas:
    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/treoantennas01.jpg
    The 700. Notice the notch.

http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/treoantennas02.jpg
    The 650. No notch.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    That's because those aren't the ones from zoti. Look at the poster. It's the Zero antenna from gadgetplus. Notice the different design as well.
    What he said.
    zoti please check the above post for the pics of my antennas...haha you replied to my post before I edited it.

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    What he said.
    Sorry I got confused.
    Zoti = stock reception
    zero = decreased reception

I live in a fringe area and wouldn't want to lose any reception. If you live where there's a strong signal, you probably won't notice anything with either one.
    Agreed, but the "zero" doesn't seem to have a significant decrease, or was it actually 20%?

Canuck PDA
    The 20% claim was from an earlier post and was later said that wasn't the case. Therefore, I don't know what the signal difference is between stock and Zero. Logically, it would seem there would be some decrease since all but a small portion are internal with the Zero, but only a side-by-side comparison using the #debug# command would really tell.

I suspect that Zoti's antenna would get better reception due to its design and that it has more antenna externally.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    How do you know what # u are? I ordered mine mid-last week!! I cant wait for it!!!
    I looked at the order # that showed up on the confirmation.
  14.    #614  
    All current orders will ship the same day next week. The antennas are on the way to me and I should get them early next week.
  15.    #615  
    BTW, I'll be away for the weekend and will have very limited access to the internet so I won't be able to answer questions until Sunday afternoon.
    Did you get these issues resolved, or is there something else I need to do to ensure my order:

Dear TreoAntenna customer,

As you know we have just started taking orders through our website and we are using PayPal to receive payments.

Due to some problems between PayPal and our server we are missing your order. We have received your payment from PayPal but some miscommunication between the two websites prevented us from creating an order.

Only a few orders were affected by this error and unfortunately yours is one of them.

We ask that you reply to this message with the following information:

Customer Name:

Product ordered (antenna or antenna + Torx#5 including color gray/blue):

Quantity ordered:

We are truly sorry for this mishap and are working on correcting the problem. Please be assured that your order will ship on time.

Thanks,

TreoAntenna.com
    Built an internal core antenna.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...x/DSC00139.jpg

Reception is definitely affected, by about 10 - 15%. Those who lived in areas with lesser reception should take note. Guessed I'm sticking to the original design where the signal is not affected.

By the way, sorry for some of guys who ordered from me that I was not able to meet their request so far. Too busy with my full time job and family here.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    In summary:

zoti = stock reception
    ddeath = 10-15% reduction
    zero = 20+% reduction
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    In summary:

zoti = stock reception
    ddeath = 10-15% reduction
    zero = 20+% reduction
    Good lord, now it's 20%+? Next week what will it be, 25% ? 30% ?

I don't understand the bone to pick here. Really don't.
    Zoti's antenna is cool, but for a cosmetic upgrade $30 is a bit steep in my opinion. Maybe that's what it has to be priced at because of the low numbers of production or high materials and labor costs. If it was $20 I'd consider it, if it was $15 I'd definitely buy it, but at $30 I have to reluctantly pass.