Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post
    The instructions aren't available yet...and I really need to know if a non-geek is going to be able to replace the antenna!
    To replace the antenna you remove one screw. Pull the old one out. Put the new one in and replace the screw.

I will have the instructions up with pictures the minute I get the antennas in my hand.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Zoti or Stroth's

Any word on how this fit's/works on the 700p? Thanks
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Zoti or Stroth's

Any word on how this fit's/works on the 700p? Thanks
    Would like to know this as well. Hopefully zoti will have a 700p soon to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zoti does not have them in yet, but will soon. Once he has them, we'll try it out and he'll post pics.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I'm just about to purchase a Treo (my first), and will almost certainly be getting a 700p. One of the main things that I don't like about the 700p (as opposed to my Sony Ericsson T610) is the antenna. I really want to be able to put the phone into a front pants pocket, and I was afraid that the antenna on the Treo would be really uncomfortable. I had seen the news about the Treo 680 and its antenna-less design, and was excited by that, but not by the lesser quality camera, the lack of EVDO, and a couple other things.

I read all 30 pages of this "short antenna" discussion over the course of a few days, and am now almost completely sure I'll be buying a 700p...all that remains is to go and actually play with one at a Sprint store. I've actually used a 650 on numerous occasions, so I'm fairly familiar with them, already. I should perhaps mention that I do user support at a college, and have a few users with Treo 650's, and my employer will pay for the phone for me--I have to pay for service--so I'm locked into a Treo if I want it paid for.

Just wanted to say that assuming the antenna (the Zoti) will work with a 700p, I'll almost certainly be buying one.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Zoti does not have them in yet, but will soon. Once he has them, we'll try it out and he'll post pics.
    There needs to be a little notch in the front of the antenna for it to fit in a 700. I tried to put my 650 antenna in my 700p and it won't fit, but the 700's antenna of course fits better in my 650. I'm using a beat-up 700p antenna right now because I dropped my 650 the other day and damaged my antenna...hahah it was sticking out of the Palm Treo Hard Case, so zoti, I need your antenna now!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  7.    #587  
    Did you order one?

Could you not put the antenna inside the phone? Where is that notch located on the antenna? can you post an image?
    Haven't ordered one, as I always like to see at least pics of the final product first.

I'll take pics tomorrow and post them. Actually, my 700 antenna seems to be slightly too big for the 650, as it doesn't like to stay in all the way. Ah well. Goes well with my Sprint front, unlocked GSM back, and Enfora battery cover...hahah
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Got my zero-antenna yesterday and i got to say it's really great. Thanks for the affordable upgrade!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    Got my zero-antenna yesterday and i got to say it's really great. Thanks for the affordable upgrade!
    Haha, thanks for double commenting. Haha, very glad you enjoy it!
    Btw, christo1970 is using a 650.
    I bought one too!
    So, this 'Zero' antenna is different than the one sold by treoantenna.com ??
    They are competing products. Once you remove the Treo antenna, it leaves a hole on top. The zero fits inside the hole and Zoti's fits on top of it like a cap. My personal preference is Zoti's due to the finished look and its easier to switch back to the stock antenna if you needed warranty work.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Anyone lucky enough to have both as to present a technical comparison for us to consider (e.g. signal strength, ease of installation, etc.)
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante View Post
    Anyone lucky enough to have both as to present a technical comparison for us to consider (e.g. signal strength, ease of installation, etc.)
    Zoti's does not exist yet so it might be a little hard.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  16.    #596  
    It's actually being shipped to me this weekend so I expect to ship out to the customers early next week.
    Excellent. Placed my order! It says I'm #39, would have thought there would have been more orders.
  18.    #598  
    I think that a lot of people are waiting to see the final resault which I expect to be very nice.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I will buy just as soon as the fit and performance are confirmed on the 700p!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    just a teaser.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1969/teastersk3.jpg

who will like a blackie ?