Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    $25 -$40 is fair but ONLY if for Treo 700p!!
    I have a 650 antenna on my 700P... fits almost perfectly with some mod to the antenna (or housing...)
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    count me in!
    - Jeeman
    I'd love this as well, but lemme ask....

Why can't the antenna just be flush and the element be embedded inside the treo?
    Doesn't seem as though the small protrusion does anymore than if the antenna were inside the phone itself?

Flush would makle this thing cool as shniggity!

Thanks for the work!
    T
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I'd take a 650 GSM version (assuming there's any difference between CDMA and GSM).
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Palm is currently attempting to sell a 1 GB SD Card for $99.99, on palm.com. On newegg.com, a 1 GB SD Card can be bought for $32.99.
    I recommend not using Palm as a guide for pricing. If $175 is the cost of production plus a reasonable markup, I'll probably pass on a new antenna (for aesthetics only). If it stays under $50, I'll give it some serious consideration.

Quote:
    I think the only way to get a new antenna is through palm and by paying them about $175 to replace your antenna.
    depending on the price, but I love the idea.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Palm is currently attempting to sell a 1 GB SD Card for $99.99, on palm.com. On newegg.com, a 1 GB SD Card can be bought for $32.99.
    I recommend not using Palm as a guide for pricing. If $175 is the cost of production plus a reasonable markup, I'll probably pass on a new antenna (for aesthetics only). If it stays under $50, I'll give it some serious consideration.

Quote:
    I think the only way to get a new antenna is through palm and by paying them about $175 to replace your antenna.
    You actually pay $175 for them to REPLACE AND INSTALL the antenna for you. I don't think it's a good deal and it's obviously too expensive but you are paying for the service. The customer cost of the actuall antenna (palm original, when new) should be around $30-$40.
    Quote Originally Posted by TISGOD
    I'd love this as well, but lemme ask....

Why can't the antenna just be flush and the element be embedded inside the treo?
    Doesn't seem as though the small protrusion does anymore than if the antenna were inside the phone itself?

Flush would makle this thing cool as shniggity!

Thanks for the work!
    T
    I agree 1000%. A flush antenna would be awesome!
    I am definitely interested. My max price point would probably be $25. Anything higher would have to improve reception. Anything lower (with no drop in reception) would be a no-brainer. An antenna that is flush to the body I might pay a little more for, but reception would be the most important issue.

I occasionally snag the antenna (especially in jacket pockets), but I have never broken it.
  11.    #51  
    Please keep in mind that this is another photoshop mockup but this is what we expect the final product to look like:

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/misc...ortAntenna.jpg
    Now thats a sweet looking mockup!
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    That's not fair! My Treo has an ugly blue piece for the screen area and yours is silver

Will the front CDMA 650 housing from ProMobility fit on a GSM device?

That's slick, count me in so long as the price is realistic.

God I love Mod's

T
    I would pay up to $40, but only if postage to the UK was included....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I would be interested in one.
    Me too - Its a winner
    I would be interested in two of these. The recommendations for prices have been reasonable. This would be a great mod for my Treo!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm in. When will they ship?
    I'm in!
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast