Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    AWESOME, I can't wait to throw my 30 bucks in.............
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Like the antenna sticker on that last pic, you posted, Zoti. Can't say you're wasting your time through the delays. Reckon, we'll hear if the idea tests out well enough to make it an available option.

Was said once, before, and I'll say 'er, again: Looking forward to doing business with you.
    "There is, absolutely, everything no one can do about it."
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    I just got the Gray Treo 650 "ZERO" antenna (made by gadgetplus) today, here's a micro-review:

1) Shipped from Singapore mid-last week, got it today (4 business days later)
    2) Installation took less than 2 minutes (T5 screwdriver was included free)
    3) I tested removing the antenna per gadgetplus instructions) takes few seconds and easy enough, no damage to the case whatsoever)
    4) And MOST IMPORTANT, my initial tests (not scientific by any mean), I CAN'T notice any degradation in reception. I am using the ZLauncher RSSI # indicator to compare and in various sections on my work building the reception is exactly the same (or with very minor differences that can be related to me moving the phone around).

So just to make sure, I certainly don't see the 20% reduction in reception/signal that was initially mentioned by gadgetplus (and then re-quoted many times by others). It behaves very similar (if not closely the same) to the original antenna's signal levels.

So far a very happy customer…

Thanks gadgetplus.

Ix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bum View Post
    Lots of talk about shorter antennas, but the gadgetplus "ZERO" antenna has a major advantage: IT EXISTS, NOW!

I ordered the 650 model and it arrived yesterday in a thoughtful package with not only the Torx driver, but even the small piece of tape intended for easy removal if desired. Installation took merely seconds (yes, it's trivial to save the warranty seal) without any need to even turn off the phone. It looks just fine, no part of the casing sticks out, and to the untrained eye, it looks very much as if it were part of the original design

After a full day of use in a variety of known locations (home, work, car, etc.), I'm thoroughly satisfied. In preparation for the antenna's arrival, I had been tracking the signal strength (CDMA) methodically for the past week or so. After charting the readings for the past 24 hours and running a quick ANOVA, the numbers confirm my "gut feeling": there is NO statistically significant difference between the "full" and "zero" antennas. The reception remains unchanged even in borderline locations, and I only observed the customary fluctuations.

In summary, a VERY pleasant experience, and well worth the $29.90. Thank you, gadgetplus!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    Glad you guys enjoy it.
    Now lets wait for 2 more reviews from the guys who got it FREE.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Like everyone else, I hate my antenna and would love to have this.

Having said that, I am very concerned with how this affects the Treo's (already high) SAR rating. Can anyone in the know comment on this?
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  5.    #505  
    I'm happy to announce that the design part of the plastic parts of the antenna is done. You can check the fit in the following image.

A couple of more tests to ensure reception level is the best we can get and we are going into full production.

I would like to know if you guys would like different colors than the original gray and dark blue antennas. Say, a gray color that will match the case color (close as we can to silver).

http://www.treoantenna.com/images/capfit.jpg

Remember my original Photoshop mockup?

http://www.treoantenna.com/shop/imag...ortAntenna.jpg

I'm very pleased with the resault. We managed to get it down to the same size we originally planned.
    BEAUTIFUL! Hmm, different colours eh? A silver that matches the case would be a good idea, and maybe a special-edition black as well.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA

Me likey! My favorite Little Rascal is Spanky!

Not sure if the dark blue does, but I'd be intererested in a color to match the Sprint 700p.
    Looks great Zoti. A color to match the dark gray Sprint 700s would be nice as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Looks great. Eagerly awaiting it's availablity.
    Zoti, that looks great. I want one. The "zero" one that's made poorly and sold on Ebay seems to really destroy the reception. I'm confident that yours will be of much higher quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Zoti, that looks great. I want one. The "zero" one that's made poorly and sold on Ebay seems to really destroy the reception. I'm confident that yours will be of much higher quality.
    What do you mean by destroy the reception? Have you read my review of the gadgetplus zero antenna? I would not call it poorly made either.

Al
    Zoti,

That is a great looking antenna. I don't know if I remember this right, but you stated that you are working on making the antenna have the same or even better reception than the original? It will be great if you can improve the reception.

Thanks,

Al
  13.    #513  
    I can't promise improved reception. If you really want to improve reception you definitally want to go with a full size bigger antenna (like the external ones they have for cars).

We have managed to get the antenna to the same level of reception as the original one.
    I couldn't agree more. Getting the antenna to be the same or better than stock will be a feat.
    Most of mobile antenna is based on 1/4 wavelength, external antenna outside the cars are based on full or half wavelength.

A bit of insight -
    1/4 wavelength for GSM = 1/2 wavelength CDMA
    1/2 wavelength for GSM = Full wavelength CDMA.
    Yes, again, GSM antenna can be used on CDMA*

So CDMA always have a better coverage? No & yes, due to its power transmission.

I had tried to build a full wavelength CDMA(half wave GSM) 'ZERO' antenna based on helix, but due to its high gain properties, it induct more noise than signal.
    Unless we can place the antenna across the housing of Treo.
    Btw, some Motorola & Panasonic mobile phone have a dipole *** monopole antenna build on their battery cover.

But by placing the antenna expose on the outer rim, won't it affect more wear & tear issue?
    How about sticking one of those antenna booster stickers on your Treo
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Color match to the Verizon/Sprint Colors would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    Btw, some Motorola & Panasonic mobile phone have a dipole *** monopole antenna build on their battery cover.

But by placing the antenna expose on the outer rim, won't it affect more wear & tear issue?
    I thought the antennas on Moto phones were patch antennas, not a dipole? But you could physically arrange them similarly I suppose, so I could be wrong.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Colored to match Sprint 700P would be appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    What do you mean by destroy the reception? Have you read my review of the gadgetplus zero antenna? I would not call it poorly made either.

Al
    I read the reviews. Reception has taken a huge hit with the zero antenna. I also find that the fit looks really unprofessional.
    I'd also like to put in a vote for a color match of the sprint 700p. Thanks, Zoti. I look forward to purchasing this!