Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    My manufacturer promised me that they will finish all the plastic parts for the antenna by next monday so I hope to give you guys an update then. From there we expect about a week or so until they ship them to me. I sure hope to start taking pre orders sometime next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    My manufacturer promised me that they will finish all the plastic parts for the antenna by next monday so I hope to give you guys an update then. From there we expect about a week or so until they ship them to me. I sure hope to start taking pre orders sometime next week.
    sounds great......I cant wait
    Anyone buy a Zero antenna yet? Looks like the same original 10 on ebay are still there...
    Just wanted to enter my vote of confidence, to Zoti, for having stuck with all the amazing and wonderful phases of bringing a new product to the market. Ain't capitalism grand?

Entered my registration on your site - It was quick and easy. Signed up for your email newsletter and will be keeping an eye on this site, as well.

Looking forward to doing business with you. Best of luck!
    "There is, absolutely, everything no one can do about it."
    Interesting...

Almost 35,000 views for this thread, but it doesn't appears that anyone has bid/purchased one from gadgetsplus on ebay yet.

Is there not that much interest in these or are we all just waiting for the Zoti version?
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Is there not that much interest in these or are we all just waiting for the Zoti version?
    Waiting for Zoti.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Interesting...

Almost 35,000 views for this thread, but it doesn't appears that anyone has bid/purchased one from gadgetsplus on ebay yet.

The Ebay one looks jank and kills reception by 20%. I'm waiting for Zoti like everyone else.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    No pressure Zoti........
    Signed up as well tonight for the newsletter and account so I can get my order in for the Treo 700p.
    OK. I'm official now too.
    Due to infraction of thread.
    Sale of Treo 650 / 700 Antenna will be on this
    LINK
    Last edited by gadgetplus; 10/10/2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: re-edit due to infraction
  12.    #452  
    Let me ask you this about your ZERO antenna. Where did you put the antenna element?
    It's on the inside hole definitely, which explain why the reception is affected as it has to go through the antenna body and the treo body. My antenna is on the outside like the original antenna, thus my reception is not affected, though it does not look as nice. But hey, once inserted, you can't see the antenna strip anyway.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Let me ask you this about your ZERO antenna. Where did you put the antenna element?
    As your competitor, I couldn't answer as much. If your design is based on a helix, you should well aware where the antenna will sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    It's on the inside hole definitely, which explain why the reception is affected as it has to go through the antenna body and the treo body. My antenna is on the outside like the original antenna, thus my reception is not affected, though it does not look as nice. But hey, once inserted, you can't see the antenna strip anyway.
    Yes you are right and half-right. In real life, how much the signal will be affected depends on the users' body absorption rate, not the ABS of the housing.
    btw, don't you feel that some Palm guys are lurking around here too ?
    I think i got an order from 'one' of them.
    I would have assumed the original design was a Helix too, but perhaps not. Only problem with tightly couplex helix antennas is they are more affected by nearby objects, such as love handles... But we'll see how things turn out.
  17.    #457  
    Well, you crammed it into the center hole. That's obvious and that is probably way the reception is bad.
    Hmm... I don't think I'm just half-right you know. A signal going through 2 plastic layers is gonna be affected, no matter what. With the antenna strip folded and rolled up into that hole, I don't know how much will it be affected. Not mentioning the epoxy.

I think maybe I will build one exactly the same (if I got the time). It's easier to do so than the design I'm doing since I do not have to file down the body. I can check if the reception is effected in this way.
    Last edited by Ddeath; 10/10/2006 at 10:35 AM.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    Hmm... I don't think I'm just half-right you know. A signal going through 2 plastic layers is gonna be affected, no matter what. With the antenna strip folded and rolled up into that hole, I don't know how much will it be affected. Not mentioning the epoxy.
    20% reduction in reception for the zero antenna. Sounds like the construction leaves a lot to be desired.
    Going nuts seing all these new Treos without antennas!!!

Me must have antenna, Zoti!!!