Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1638
  1. #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    How do u get to the debug screen? we did our tests at the pactory with specia equipment. I would like to run it on my own phone as well.
    Try #*#33284 OR #*33284 send.
  2. #423  
    Just look up the GSM ## codes.
  3. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    How do u get to the debug screen? we did our tests at the pactory with specia equipment. I would like to run it on my own phone as well.
    KeyGuardTime+, TreoHelper and ZLauncher all show the signal strength as a number. In ZL, just tap the signal strength indicator. I think a lower number is better. When I've had no signal or very poor signal the number is close to 100. Right now with four bars of signal strength I show a number of 67. BTW...all the apps I mentioned give the same result.
  4. #425  
    There's also a program called SignalMeter, although I personally never was real sure how to read it as the readings seemed backwards to me.. If I obscured/touched/blocked the antenna, the readings didn't get worse as I would expect.
  5. #426  
    I can tell you that KeyGuardTime+ is not entirely accurate on the 700p for signal strength. When I run the debug mode, the numbers don't ever match up. However, I can say that lower is better with CDMA. Its the other way around for GSM (higher is better).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    There's also a program called SignalMeter, although I personally never was real sure how to read it as the readings seemed backwards to me.. If I obscured/touched/blocked the antenna, the readings didn't get worse as I would expect.
    Just tried SignalMeter. I get the same #'s as with the three I mentioned earlier. BTW...I have a Verizon 650...
  7.    #428  
    I used signalmeter but i don't know if i trust it. With the antenna the RSSI shows 27. The program says that the lower the number the better so I pulled the antenna out from the phone and the number went to 7 :\
  8. #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I used signalmeter but i don't know if i trust it. With the antenna the RSSI shows 27. The program says that the lower the number the better so I pulled the antenna out from the phone and the number went to 7 :\
    Read stroth's post. On GSM, lower is WORSE.
  9. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    oh
    So I guess the program is a little backwards then, it DOES say lower is better. So just have to keep it in mind with GSM. Glad someone confirmed that, as it's about the best/easiest I've seen that could possibly compare antennas (without specialized equipment, etc)
  10. #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    So I guess the program is a little backwards then, it DOES say lower is better. So just have to keep it in mind with GSM. Glad someone confirmed that, as it's about the best/easiest I've seen that could possibly compare antennas (without specialized equipment, etc)
    Signal Meter program is not really accurate.
    Based on my testing,
    A typical area in the city;
    GSM - RSSI value - Signal Bar on treo (1-4 bars)
    Open space
    - Original Antenna - 24 - 4bar
    - ZERO Antenna - 19 - 4bar
    Enclosed Space
    - Original Antenna - 17 - 4bar
    - ZERO Antenna - 14 - 4bar

    Even RSSI value of 8-10(2Bar) on ZERO, calls made are still clear & sharp in quality.
    Guess every Treo user knows, even with the original antenna, sometimes call may still drop without a reasons.
  11. #433  
    So the zero antenna is showing about a 20% decrease in reception compared to the stock antenna.
  12. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    So the zero antenna is showing about a 20% decrease in reception compared to the stock antenna.
    Yes. At least I'm a frank seller.
  13. #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    Yes. At least I'm a frank seller.
    If you put that in your Ebay ad. If you continue to market it as having nearly the same reception as stock, you'd be lying.

    So how does one remove a zero antenna if they have to go back to the stock antenna?
  14. #436  
    hey sign me up for one. Pls let us all know when u will be selling and how much they will be. thanks
  15. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by saza View Post
    hey sign me up for one. Pls let us all know when u will be selling and how much they will be. thanks
    Look at his signature, the link to the ebay auctions are in there.
  16. #438  
    I think he's talking about zoti. I know that's the one I'm eager to see.
  17. #439  
    Waiting for Zoti to come out.
  18. #440  
    I seriously can't wait... This might help me to postpone purchasing a new phone for a while...

Posting Permissions