Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Sign me up.
    Same here.
    Dennis G. Esler
    How often do your antennas break off? I"m not as gentle with my phones as I should be, but never broke off a Treo's antenna. Not even my GSM 270 on Voicestream.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    700p variety for me, please.
    I'm in
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    me too. looks great
    Count me in! Nice job!

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES..

*smokes*

Where was I? Oh, yes, I want one too. Now. My daughter is forever kicking the antenna on my Treo, or it snags on something, or I'm afraid it's getting pressed in on something when laying down with it in my horiz pouch, or.. or... This would be awesome.
    Gotta pic with it loaded on the phone?
    Patrick Horne
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    Gotta pic with it loaded on the phone?
    As I said before. This is only a photoshop mockup. The antenna doesn't yet exist but the design part is over.

If all goes well and we go forward with production I expect to have a prototype in my hand within a few weeks.
    When? When? When can I buy it? How much?

Good job too... Can it be possible to see your concept installed
    on the phone (photoshop)?
    Game over!
    i'd take 3. reception must be equal that of the current one.

how do u plan to keep reception the same?

if u need someone to test unit. count me in.

this could give 650s some new life.

if they are solid products I would be willing to bet treocentral, mytreo.net, and treonauts would pick them up and help u sell them in volume. . .

but again the main thing is their reception must not be compromised
    Same here. I'll take one for sure. Anything to make it easier to get into and out of pockets.
    if ur serious bout makin it, contact one of the above to check their interest. And for fun (read $ help) u can pull a Palm and give one of them an exclusivity period (3-6 months).

keep us updated
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    i'd take 3. reception must be equal that of the current one.

how do u plan to keep reception the same?

if u need someone to test unit. count me in.

this could give 650s some new life.

if they are solid products I would be willing to bet treocentral, mytreo.net, and treonauts would pick them up and help u sell them in volume. . .

but again the main thing is their reception must not be compromised
    The length of the actuall antenna element will stay the same. Reception should not be compromised.
    I would in interested in a couple. Had to replace the antenna on one of our Treos and would have gone for a shorter replacement if they had been available. I end up using the antenna to pull the phone out of it's case which probably caused my initial problem. Also, it often seems to catch on stadium seats so a shorter one would be more than just cosmetic.
    just some more random thoughts . . .

if u were gonna sell the thru ebay. . . i'd just go with TC or another major treo webiste and give them ur ebay commission of something.

this would be user install right? (pretty simple).

and the 650 is end of life with sprint apparently and other carriers will soon follow. so u will be maiking this for a fixed # of devices (although they are a large market). u could follow it with a 700p/w version (reaching a broader market). the windows and palm version for 700p/w should be identical. also the GSM is sure to follow too (palm version).

I have no idea what it would cost u to make but. $19.99 would be awesome. about the price of a good software program. I'm not sure I would want it bad enough to pay $29.00 or more. I imagine some would, but I'm cheap

they would be a cosmetic improvement for most people not a replacement for broken ones.

good luck
    www.pdaparts.com looks like the sell replacements for about $40. I guess u could charge that then? would some of u pay that?
    count me in!!! just say where, when and how!!
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    www.pdaparts.com looks like the sell replacements for about $40. I guess u could charge that then? would some of u pay that?
    These are actually used antennas from treos that were sold for parts.

I think the only way to get a new antenna is through palm and by paying them about $175 to replace your antenna.
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast