Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1638
  1. #361  
    Wow, Zero... that is crazy.... Will this work on the Treo 700p?

    Thanks,

    Al
  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/278...antennahd1.jpg

    Zero antenna for sale in EBAY in OCT.
    comes with free T5 screwdriver (not forget to say, comes in good price with free worldwide shipping.)

    There will be 2 model for both Treo 650 & 700.
    Fitted for work on 800, 900, 1800, 1900 GSM/CDMA

    (PM me for advance reservation)
    Woah, great work. You actually did a version 4 of the antennas I'm selling. I was actually contemplating whether to do it but did not have the time. My antenna can go to v4 anytime.. just that once inserted into the slot, it's damn hard to extract it out without dismantling the case!

    That's why I decided to just stick with v3 for those who still have warranty on their treos.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

    http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    just that once inserted into the slot, it's damn hard to extract it out without dismantling the case!
    Would it be possible to put some tape on the antenna and pull up for removal? I don't know how the antenna hooks into the Treo, but assuming it doesn't, might you be able to pull it up with tape or something?
  4. #364  
    Nice thread hijack.. But I'm curious.

    How does the "Zero" antenna compare with signal? I'll have to see some reviews before I go for any of these, as the Treo seems to have enough problems with signal (although never completely out of signal, it's pretty weak sometimes at work).
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Nice thread hijack.. But I'm curious.

    How does the "Zero" antenna compare with signal? I'll have to see some reviews before I go for any of these, as the Treo seems to have enough problems with signal (although never completely out of signal, it's pretty weak sometimes at work).
    Our antenna is being produced by a factory that produces electronic components and cellphone antennas. We took it through some tests to make sure the reception is the same as the original. We are making a few thousends of these. Not only a few.

    This is the main reason it is taking us some time to come out with the product.
  6. #366  
    Zoti,

    Looking at that picture and yours, it appears that his sits below a little ridge of plastic on the antenna stub while yours sits over it. It almost appears as the antenna is "missing" looking at that one and although yours is taller since it covers the ridge, looks much more "finished"...as if that's how the phone came in the box.

    Am I correct?

    Some top down photos would be helpful to better illustrate this if what I'm seeing is correct.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 09/24/2006 at 06:54 AM.
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Zoti,

    Looking at that picture and yours, it appears that his sits below a little ridge of plastic on the antenna stub whike yours sits over it. It almost appears as the antenna is "missing" looking at that one and although yours is taller since it covers the ridge, looks much more "finished"...as if that's how the phone came in the box.

    Am I correct?

    Some top down photos would be helpful to better illustrate this if what I'm seeing is correct.
    I thought the same thing. I don't think I would like that ridge showing on the zero one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  8. #368  
    Think I will wait for Zoti!
  9. #369  
    Yah, I'm thinking so too...initially I thought "wow", but now I'm having second thoughts. This phone was too expensive to carry it around and have it look broken.
  10.    #370  
    Yes guys, you are correct.

    Our antenna will look like you have a little cap on top of where the antenna goes for a finished look. We were thinking about doing it the same way as zero's but we also wanted a finished look.

    Our antenna is only going to be 2mm long.
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Would it be possible to put some tape on the antenna and pull up for removal? I don't know how the antenna hooks into the Treo, but assuming it doesn't, might you be able to pull it up with tape or something?
    It would be tough because my antenna sits snug. Tape will not pull it out.

    The problem about the 'zero' version is that it will look broken like what SprintTreoUser mentioned, if the antenna flushes with the slot tip. A finished look is more complete as what zoti mentioned. Thus I stuck with v2/zoti version and v3. Not sure if anyone is interested in v4/zero version in SPUG.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

    http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  12. #372  
    I'm liking the Zero antenna the best. It looks more finished than the photos from zoti thus far. Any variations in zoti's design will look much, much worse because the antenna could overhang the housing (like in the pictures of his prototypes)
  13. #373  
    I really want to do this, but probably won't only because I carry my phone in cargo jeans with the pocket at knee height on the right leg and I *gently* pull the phone out of the pocket by the antenna. :/
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    I'm liking the Zero antenna the best. It looks more finished than the photos from zoti thus far. Any variations in zoti's design will look much, much worse because the antenna could overhang the housing (like in the pictures of his prototypes)
    Mine does not hang out because it is still using the original cap which is cut down to about 3mm.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

    http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    I'm liking the Zero antenna the best. It looks more finished than the photos from zoti thus far. Any variations in zoti's design will look much, much worse because the antenna could overhang the housing (like in the pictures of his prototypes)
    I am sure the final version won't.. You like that "something is missing" look of the "Zero" one?? Check out the 'cracks' where the front and back housing meet.
  16. #376  
    Yah, I noticed those "cracks" too. The Zero is a no go for me.

    So, Zoti...

    Since the pictures on your site are not real, do you expect that the antenna might overhang the housing at all on either the 650 or 700?
  17.    #377  
    It won't overhang. I have to run right now but I will post the final design later on tonight.
  18. #378  
    Hopefully it won't overhang on the 700 series either.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  19. #379  
    The shape of the 700 and the 650 antenna is definately different. So if it fits well on the 650 then on the 700 it will overhang somewhat.

    Al
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    The shape of the 700 and the 650 antenna is definately different. So if it fits well on the 650 then on the 700 it will overhang somewhat.

    Al
    You're wrong. The shape of the antenna base is different. The 700 antenna is a bit wider but the cap (the part sticking out of the phone) is exactly the same. Therefore the short antenna should fit the 700 as well (pending tests).

Posting Permissions