Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Yeah, I was referring to Gameboy's reception, not zoti's, because yes, I know it's a photochop (a damn good one by the way).

zoti, my question about the 700 antenna is because I heard that it doesn't fit on a 650, that's why I asked. I guess that would mean a 650's antenna would work on a 700 as well? And for a that matter, one of your short 650 antennas would work on a 700 too? No matter what I'm getting an antenna from you...but it might not end up on a "real" 650. You'll all see what I mean if I can pull off what I want to do.
    There is a slight difference in the diameter of the antenna body. The 700 is a bit wider and I had to file it a bit to get it into my 650 but once I did it fits like a charm. Since the 650 antenna (and our design) is slimmer it should go in with now problem. We will all just have to wait until I have the production antennas in hand to see how well it fits but judging from what I have done with the antennas so far it should fit fine.
    Awesome. Very informative! Thanks zoti.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    <whines> so hurry up already! </whines>
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989 View Post
    <whines> so hurry up already! </whines>
    I'm trying, I'm trying. Unfortunately it's not all up to me.
    people are really anxious. lol. ill buy one when they are available. lol
    Yes this is the most exciting thing for my Treo in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    In the meantime, those of us in the US ordering from Singapore can
    Glad you received it in 1 piece.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    well you're lucky. I emailed ddeath hoping to buy from him but he never responded.
    Sorry bro, I was doing my Army reservists for 2 weeks so did not have the time to surf the net. Just returned today.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Hello Zoti,

Are you planning to provide a step-by-step instructions with pictures?

I am not confident enough to do it.

Thanks,

Kirnali
    It's my impression that it's a simple matter of removing the rubber "plug" closest to the antenna and then unscrewing a single screw and just slip out the antenna. To put it back together would be reverse.

Is this correct?
    Below is from a previous post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Already answered this in this thread.

You will need to remove one screw. Gently remove the warranty sticker (very easy) then take the screw out. Replace the antennas and reverse the proccess.

Should you need warranty service just put the old antenna back in place. It's easy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    NO, NO. Please don't try to order yet. The whole checkout proccess does not work yet anyway and it will not proccess your credit card.
    Any news on a when? One week, a month, two months I know it says at the end of Sept, but is your pre-order system working yet and we could get one shipped as soon as you get it? Or pay you direct with paypal or something? Never posted in here, but have been watching this thread for a LONG time
    Jotek
    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989 View Post
    It's my impression that it's a simple matter of removing the rubber "plug" closest to the antenna and then unscrewing a single screw and just slip out the antenna. To put it back together would be reverse.

Is this correct?
    That's the way it worked when I replaced my stock antenna with DDeath's. The whole procedure took 3 minutes. Zoti's antenna should be the same.

A tip: when zoti's antennas finally go on sale, buy the option that includes the Torx #5 screwdriver unless you already have one. I thought finding a Torx #5 woud be as easy as getting finding a common jewler's screwdriver, but even Radio Shack didn't have one, except in an expensive kit (I eventually got it from Fry's).
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    That's the way it worked when I replaced my stock antenna with DDeath's. The whole procedure took 3 minutes. Zoti's antenna should be the same.

A tip: when zoti's antennas finally go on sale, buy the option that includes the Torx #5 screwdriver unless you already have one. I thought finding a Torx #5 woud be as easy as getting finding a common jewler's screwdriver, but even Radio Shack didn't have one, except in an expensive kit (I eventually got it from Fry's).
    To answer all the recent questions at once:

Yes, it's a matter of 3 minutes to replace the antenna and it's very easy to do.

I agree with Gameboy. It's not that easy to get the Torx #5 screwdriver and this is the reason I'm going to offer it for sale as well. It seems like you can find a T6 driver everywhere but only a few places have the T5. I will probably offer one from Wiha tools which is a very good quality screwdriver.

As for the release date, I'm anxiously waiting here myself to hear back from my manufacturer. I call them every day and it's a matter of finalizing the CAD design and going to production. It's been a bit slow but I still hope that we will have it by the end of the month or early next month.

One thing for sure, the minute we go into full production I will set up the pre-order option on the website.
    If you guys are have a hard time finding the #5 Torx screwdriver or any size for that matter, Sears Hardware stores have them.
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    Zoti,

Have you ever considered adding a 3.5" headphone jack to your short antenna? There is a hack over at http://treotricks.blogspot.com/ where this was done to the stock antenna. I don't know if there would be space for it or not with the shorter antenna, but it would be cool if it did.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    The Antenna with the 3.5mm headphone socket involves taking apart the whole treo and soldering other parts inside. Zoti's is just a simple antenna replacement.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    The Antenna with the 3.5mm headphone socket involves taking apart the whole treo and soldering other parts inside. Zoti's is just a simple antenna replacement.
    What he said. I already anwered this question before.
    http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/278...antennahd1.jpg

Zero antenna for sale in EBAY in OCT.
    comes with free T5 screwdriver (not forget to say, comes in good price with free worldwide shipping.)

There will be 2 model for both Treo 650 & 700.
    Fitted for work on 800, 900, 1800, 1900 GSM/CDMA

(PM me for advance reservation)
    Last edited by gadgetplus; 09/23/2006 at 01:17 PM.