Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    There will be 2 color options. Simply choose the one you like. I might remove the reference to the carriers in the website so not to confuse the customers.
    Sounds like a good idea. That's what I would have done had I been ordering today, but it's really just unnecessary information.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these work out. I'd more than likely order one even though my antenna is in good shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    nice zoti! very nice product. Finally those of us NOT in singapore can be down.

Can't wait!
    In the meantime, those of us in the US ordering from Singapore can
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Personally I have a Cingular 650. I know they come is a few color options but the antennas for the 650 are Grey and Blue. Usually gray is GSM and blue is CDMA although you can switch between them as I have done. I had a blue 650 antenna on my Treo and I now even have a 700 antenna installed on my 650. The 700 antenna is gray but darker than the original 650 one.

There will be 2 color options. Simply choose the one you like. I might remove the reference to the carriers in the website so not to confuse the customers.
    Ehhh...pics of your 700 antenna? Oh, and Gameboy, your screen shows NO reception...HAHAHAH
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  4.    #324  
    I don't understand your questions, Kardboard. You don't believe I have a Treo 700 antenna on my 650?

If you are talking about the reception on the phone which is in the picture on TreoAntenna.com then you should know a few things about that picture (answered before but let's do it again).

1. That's not my phone. It's a picture found on google (the one on the left with the original antenna).
    2. It's a Photoshop mock up of the short antenna. Not the real antenna (as it doesn't exist in production, yet).
    3. The reception on the phone with the short antenna is the same as the one with the regular antenna (did I mention it's Photoshop?).
    4. Feast your eyes on the reception of the prototype antenna in the pictures below:

http://www.treoantenna.com/images/close.jpg

http://www.treoantenna.com/images/inhand.jpg

http://www.treoantenna.com/images/side.jpg
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    It looks like we will be able to get the antenna to be only 2-2.5mm long. It's about half the size of the one from Singapore.
    Zoti: any thoughts on users voiding their warranty due to the antenna upgrade?
    What color would be best for a Sprint 700p? The antenna on it right now looks to be a dark gray.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Zoti: any thoughts on users voiding their warranty due to the antenna upgrade?
    Already answered this in this thread.

You will need to remove one screw. Gently remove the warranty sticker (very easy) then take the screw out. Replace the antennas and reverse the proccess.

Should you need warranty service just put the old antenna back in place. It's easy.
    It looks like we will be able to get the antenna to be only 2-2.5mm long. It's about half the size of the one from Singapore.
    Did you see the photo I attached of the antenna I got from Singapore? It is 2-2.5mm (I would have posted the picture inline, but I don't have a URL to use for the img tag; hence the attachment). At my request, DDeath sent me the version 3 model.
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    What color would be best for a Sprint 700p? The antenna on it right now looks to be a dark gray.
    I think the gray antenna will work well with it. It is lighter in color than the original but with it being much smaller I don't think it will be noticable.

I used to have a blue antenna on my 650 instead of the original gray that came with it and it looked very nice. I actually like it better than the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Oh, and Gameboy, your screen shows NO reception...HAHAHAH
    Personally, I've never seen much correlation between the number of bars and a cell's actual reception. The picture was taken at home, where I always have one bar yet am always making calls that are crystal clear.

Regarding the new antenna, I'll just say that the reception is exactly the same as the old antenna, not better or worse.
    Zoti
    I can place an order and get to the checkout stage, where it asks for my CC number. The price does not show $0 like you mentioned in a previous post. Does that mean we can pre-order now?
    well you're lucky. I emailed ddeath hoping to buy from him but he never responded.
    All my correspondence with DDeath was by PM, not email. PM should work.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Zoti
    I can place an order and get to the checkout stage, where it asks for my CC number. The price does not show $0 like you mentioned in a previous post. Does that mean we can pre-order now?
    NO, NO. Please don't try to order yet. The whole checkout proccess does not work yet anyway and it will not proccess your credit card.
    Already answered this in this thread.

You will need to remove one screw. Gently remove the warranty sticker (very easy) then take the screw out. Replace the antennas and reverse the proccess.

Should you need warranty service just put the old antenna back in place. It's easy.

Well, thats just the problem... the warranty sticker.

**i have opened and repaired MANY MANY MANY treos, and have yet to find a way to master the warranty sticker removal...***

It might seem like an "easy" process, but if you damage your sticker during the removal, you are no longer under warranty.

-something to ponder about.
    Personally, I've never seen much correlation between the number of bars and a cell's actual reception. The picture was taken at home, where I always have one bar yet am always making calls that are crystal clear.

Regarding the new antenna, I'll just say that the reception is exactly the same as the old antenna, not better or worse.
    Yeah, I was referring to Gameboy's reception, not zoti's, because yes, I know it's a photochop (a damn good one by the way).

zoti, my question about the 700 antenna is because I heard that it doesn't fit on a 650, that's why I asked. I guess that would mean a 650's antenna would work on a 700 as well? And for a that matter, one of your short 650 antennas would work on a 700 too? No matter what I'm getting an antenna from you...but it might not end up on a "real" 650. You'll all see what I mean if I can pull off what I want to do.

Canuck PDA
    Zoti mentioned on post #320 that he has a 700 antenna on his 650 currently. On his website, he mentions the following about the 700 series:

"Please note that the antenna was not tested on a Treo 700 yet. we will post on this website when we do so."
    Ohhh...didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing out. Still waiting with great anticipation for the antenna!

Canuck PDA
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Well, thats just the problem... the warranty sticker.

**i have opened and repaired MANY MANY MANY treos, and have yet to find a way to master the warranty sticker removal...***

It might seem like an "easy" process, but if you damage your sticker during the removal, you are no longer under warranty.

-something to ponder about.
    I've removed the sticker on at least 2 Treos without damaging it at all. I just used a niddle. It doesn't break and goes back in with no problems.