Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1638
  1. #241  
    It's been asked before, but here you go: it's Launcher X with the Grayhide skin. I downloaded the skin after seeing this thread, myself, and I like it, although I think the buttons at the bottom are a bit darker than I prefer.
  2. #242  
    zoti save us!!!!!!
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    Version 3. Just to share.

    http://www.spug.net/forums/showthrea...32#post1138032

    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...x/DSC03818.jpg

    The Verizon logo is due to the extra case I bought from an overseas vendor to 'black tie' it, in case you are wondering.

    http://www.spug.net/forums/showpost....&postcount=145

    That looks WICKED!!
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    zoti save us!!!!!!
    Hold your fingers crossed for an update tomorrow.
  5. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #245  
    Care to share the website of the vendor? I'd LOVE to "black tie" mine

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    I bought from an overseas vendor to 'black tie' it, in case you are wondering.
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 08/28/2006 at 08:49 PM.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    Care to share the website of the vendor? I'd LOVE to "black tie" mine

    He painted it... He's got skillz!
    http://www.spug.net/forums/showpost....&postcount=145
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun View Post
    That looks WICKED!!
    Definatley does, and it doesnt look like it affects the signal!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  8.    #248  
    Big Update:
    ========

    If you have been following this thread for a while you probably understand that although producing a shorter antenna seems like a simple idea it is a bit far away from it.

    I have encountered numerous problems in the process but I'm happy to announce that the development stage is over. We have a working prototype and hope to start production in the next few days actually having the antennas for sale in the next 14-21 days.

    You can see the prototype on a phone in the pictures below. The color is black at the moment but the antennas will be offered in two colors. Gray and dark blue to match you original antennas.

    We spent time making sure the reception you will have with our antenna will match teh one you have with the original antenna. In the proccess of producing the prototype we spent a few days with it testing the signal.

    At this point I will also reveal our online shop for selling the antennas. Your source for the short treo antenna is: http://www.treoantenna.com

    Please don't make any orders as we don't have any antennas in stock yet!

    We are still working on the website so things might change a bit by the time we actually go on live for sales.

    However, if you choose to register on the website, we will notify you by email when the antennas are in stock. Please make sure to tick "Newsletter" when you register.

    Here are the pictures of the antenna:

    http://www.treoantenna.com/images/close.jpg

    http://www.treoantenna.com/images/inhand.jpg

    http://www.treoantenna.com/images/side.jpg
  9. #249  
    Beautiful, now you can start working on making one for the Treo 700p/w We are quite a lot of users.

    Thanks,

    Al
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Beautiful, now you can start working on making one for the Treo 700p/w We are quite a lot of users.

    Thanks,

    Al
    Agreed. The 650 antenna looks great. If you can do the same thing for the 700p/w/wx, you'll have a HUGE market for them.
  11.    #251  
    Once I have the actual antennas in hand I will be able to test them with a Treo 700 and figure out what needs to be changed for it to fit.

    If there is someone in the Plano, TX area who is willing to let me install one of my antennas on his phone in return for a free antenna when I produce them, please PM me.
  12. #252  
    Will the diameter of the production antenna be adjusted so that it matches the phone better? The small lip shown on the prototype could easily catch on cases or straps. Having already replaced one broken antenna, it's clear that Palm's method for attaching it isn't very strong. One on the main reasons I want the shorter antenna is to prevent pulling it off again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Will the diameter of the production antenna be adjusted so that it matches the phone better? The small lip shown on the prototype could easily catch on cases or straps. Having already replaced one broken antenna, it's clear that Palm's method for attaching it isn't very strong. One on the main reasons I want the shorter antenna is to prevent pulling it off again.
    That's one of the things that I really like about treofun's shorter antenna.
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Will the diameter of the production antenna be adjusted so that it matches the phone better? The small lip shown on the prototype could easily catch on cases or straps. Having already replaced one broken antenna, it's clear that Palm's method for attaching it isn't very strong. One on the main reasons I want the shorter antenna is to prevent pulling it off again.
    Yes, it will be flush with the phone's body.
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    That's one of the things that I really like about treofun's shorter antenna.

    Sorry buddy, thats not my antenna mod, that would be Ddeath's. I was just praising his work that's all.

    Hope he doesn't notice the insult...
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Yes, it will be flush with the phone's body.

    Does that mean the pictures are NOT the final product? If more work is involved to shave off the "lip," when would it be available?
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun View Post
    Sorry buddy, thats not my antenna mod, that would be Ddeath's. I was just praising his work that's all.

    Hope he doesn't notice the insult...
    Oops. It would be nice to get one of those in the US. There are some more pictures at the spug forum.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun View Post
    Does that mean the pictures are NOT the final product? If more work is involved to shave off the "lip," when would it be available?
    I already said it's the prototype. Not the final product sold to the customer.

    Like almost any product, it goes through iterations right until the actual release.
  19. #259  
    I'm there when you decide to make one for the 700
  20. #260  
    Cool zoti. It's finally out.

    Even using the same LX with the same skin to showcase.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

    http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net

Posting Permissions