Thanks buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by catchamental
    Go away now, boy. Your boring me.
    www.websters.com

Learn it.
    Know it.
    Live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti
    I got to go to work but I will leave you guys with one more teaser.

From Right to left: Original Treo650 Antenna, My photoshop concept, The molding for the new antenna.

Enjoy,
    zoti

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/misc/3antennas.jpg

I am VERY impressed by your work so far. And by the looks of things, the final product seems to be well on its way to what everyone has been dreaming of for years. It's just too bad that I don't have a Treo any longer to try it out.
    When.... wheeeennnnn????

September is Too Far Awayyyy
    Oh dear.....just when I thought I had everything I needed.....

My Treo 650 is a year old....and in pristine condition...except for some cat teeth marks on the antenna....I see myself ordering the kit with the torx! And one for Mom....and one for Brother....
  6.    #206  
    Hang in there guys. Producing this thing is not as simple as it seems. We are trying to make sure reception is not affected by the new design and that the antenna fits perfectly into the phone. This requires some testing and modifying along the production of the prototype process.

BTW, It will be available in two colors. Cingular / unbranded gray and Sprint / Verizon blue.
    I insist we need a Treo 700p version too !!!

Al
    I got to go to work but I will leave you guys with one more teaser.

From Right to left: Original Treo650 Antenna, My photoshop concept, The molding for the new antenna.

Enjoy,
    zoti

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/misc/3antennas.jpg
    Bro zoti, your antenna seems the same height as mine. Thought you want to make it even shorter than my version?

Anyway, hope your's work out well. I'm already producing them here over at Singapore though it is a bit slow due to OMO. Think I can support Asia side while you support America side. Ha ha ha...
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
  9.    #209  
    Read the post where I originally posted the image. I said this is the first iteration and I plan to make it shorter.

I thought your antenna is based on modifying an existing antenna. Isn't it?
    No latest news, huh?
  11.    #211  
    Latest news:

If all goes well then by next Monday I should have a plastic (non working) prototype in my hand so I cna check the fitting with the case.
    Latest news:

If all goes well then by next Monday I should have a plastic (non working) prototype in my hand so I cna check the fitting with the case.
    Sounds like it is a lot of work to go from a good idea to an actual product. Good work, Z. Keep going.
  13.    #213  
    It takes a lot of time to relay my idea to the manufacturer through my agent in the US. It's not like I'm making them in my back yard within a week. You have to design it. Send it to the manufacturer and make sure they understand your requirements. Then they send you a sample which you change and correct. Only after this stage the actual manufacturing can begin.

Believe me, the last thing I want is a bunch of antennas I can't sell cause they don't work.
    If you develop a slide down cover for the qwerty like the phones displayed in The Matrix, I'd buy it.

I actually have an OLD nokia that slides down, but it's not spring-loaded like the phones in The Matrix.

Also, FYI, the phones in Matrix were never placed into production.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    If you develop a slide down cover for the qwerty like the phones displayed in The Matrix, I'd buy it.

I actually have an OLD nokia that slides down, but it's not spring-loaded like the phones in The Matrix.

Also, FYI, the phones in Matrix were never placed into production.

I'm totally lost... or is it you? This is a thread for shorter treo antennas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Always breaks off Not an issue for me, what are you guys doing to your babies...mistreating them?
    My wife showed me her treo tonight with the antenna off. She never dropped it. It is about a year old. Kinda sucks. I'd like to avoid using lockline or whatever and would prefer to just buy a replacement like this one. I think some of the phones may have just had a weakness in this area. I agree it's strange, but it deifinitely sucks if it happens to you.
    Last edited by southbound747; 08/04/2006 at 02:53 AM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    treofun: I was just stating that since he is developing a short antenna, maybe he'd like to develop that, too.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  18.    #218  
    I don't see a big market for a slider plus the development of such an accessory looks complicated. It's not going to be easy to make it fit the treo.
    zoti, if you need any "BETA" testers, i'm your guy!!!

LOL!
  20.    #220  
    I've had more than a few requests for beta testers. At the moment I don't need any. If I decide to have some people test my antenna I will let you guys know.