Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath
    Nope. That's Launcher X with grayhide skin. Looks great right?

I think what zoti said is right. The 650 base is huge compared to 700. Most of us who own a 650 don't rush out to buy a 700 because the differences are not that great and we are still happy with our 650. With the antenna-less model coming, some of us 650 users may just want to skip the 700 and wait for it. And 700 is not even available outside US, so I'm sticking with the 650 base.
    Thanks for the support.

BTW, nice work but I hope to actually beat you on the size. I plan on having a shorter antenna.
    As far as the discussion centering around an antenna for a EOL product, I personally don't plan to trade in a perfectly working quad-band edge enabled unlocked phone unless the new phone runs a PalmOS (current roadmap looks to be WM5; with POS to follow later) that also features integrated Wi-Fi, BlackBerry Connect, and 3GSM [850/900/1800/1900 + HSDPA] speeds (which also depends on the US rollout, which is slow in coming as well) - which if the 700P is any measure, means no time soon... Plenty of life is left in the 650 product line.
    Quote Originally Posted by SymbianPalm
    Is that zLauncher on the treo screen???
    Is it ZLauncher???
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ming
    Is it ZLauncher???
    reread post #180
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti
    Thanks for the support.

BTW, nice work but I hope to actually beat you on the size. I plan on having a shorter antenna.

HAHA this is crazy! Ddeath's new ver 2 looks fantastic and zoti says he can beat that. If I still had a Treo, I would wait until zoti is done with his antenna(hopefully soon) to place an order from one of them.
  6.    #186  
    I got the design of the first prototype today. At the moment the antenna is about 1/3 of the length of the original antenna. This is the first iteration and I asked them to go back and make it a lot shorter.

They are also working on testing the signal strength to make sure the reception is at least the same if not better than the original antenna.
    Ddeath, can you ship your antenna to Indonesia?
    How much the price?
    Count me in. Sprint 650
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
  9.    #189  
    I got to go to work but I will leave you guys with one more teaser.

From Right to left: Original Treo650 Antenna, My photoshop concept, The molding for the new antenna.

Enjoy,
    zoti

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/misc/3antennas.jpg
    Sniff... it is beautiful....
    Just tell me when it is ready to ship. Zoti, if your antenna works well, you may have just slowed the initial sell of the Treo Nitro and Treo Lennon. The antenna-less-ness of the Treo Nitro and Lennon seem to be the big selling point. If someone is happy with their Treo 650 and has no need for UMTS, your antennas will be hard to keep in stock.

Great work so far,
    Russell
    wow, Ddeath, yours looks really cool. And Zoti, yours looks really good too. I can't wait until they are both available!!!

Just an idea: would it be possible to get a version where the tip is rubberized? like the black tie edition or the palm hard case.
    I got to go to work but I will leave you guys with one more teaser.

From Right to left: Original Treo650 Antenna, My photoshop concept, The molding for the new antenna.

Enjoy,
    zoti

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/misc/3antennas.jpg
    Hey zoti. I actually saw your project over at treonauts so I came over to see what was going on with this great idea. Why noone thought about this before is beyond me. But anyways, do you have an idea as to when these will actually begin to ship? I'm now thinking of holding on to my treo (I was going to so i could wait for the new treos) if it's not going to take months to produce and ship. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catchamental
    Hey zoti. I actually saw your project over at treonauts so I came over to see what was going on with this great idea. Why noone thought about this before is beyond me. But anyways, do you have an idea as to when these will actually begin to ship? I'm now thinking of holding on to my treo (I was going to so i could wait for the new treos) if it's not going to take months to produce and ship. Thanks
    He's already said when he plans to ship them. It's in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    He's already said when he plans to ship them. It's in this thread.
    Dude, if you took the time to tell me to go look in the thread you could have saved yourself some typing and just said when. I actually skimmed the thread while doing some work and must have missed it so I'll go back and read the whole thread again to see if I can see it. Jeez.
    Found it on page 8. Thanks anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by catchamental
    Found it on page 8. Thanks anyways
    Give a man a fish...
    A few questions:
    1. Will the short antenna be available for the Treo 700? Not that there are w's and p's which are quite a lot users.

- It's an option I'm considering but it will have to wait until the first production run of the 650 antenna is done and sales are made at a satisfying rate.

2. How much is it going to be?

- The antenna is going to be priced at $29.95. There will be a bundle offered of 1 antenna and 1 Torx #5 screw driver to remove the antenna screw priced at $34.95. Shipping will be kept low at only $4.95 USPS. Worldwide shipping depends on demand but I'm definitely considering it.

3. When is it going to be available?

- if things go well I hope to open the store to the public at the beginning of Sep 2006.

4. Do you have a website where we can see your work? and maybe include FAQ ?

- I already registered a domain name and started working on the store. I will hold the name for now until the work on the website is finished as I don't want it flooded yet.

5. Where are you located?

- We are located in Plano, TX.

Info for the new readers.
  19.    #199  
    Thanks Treofun.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Give a man a fish...
    Go away now, boy. Your boring me.