1.    #1  
    No luck with search, is there a way to erase/clear your SMS/Text history. On the 650 it was very easy, I've had no luck with this 700p. Any ideas? Thanks for the help...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Use a File Manager like Filez or zlauncher and delete the MessagesDatabase file
  3.    #3  
    I do have filez, I tried to delete that file but no luck...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Perform a soft reset and try again.
    From Tlipsky over at treo central dot net:

Hi Peter,
    I just posted a new message.....found the file....it is called "AddressingLibRecent-HsCh"...it had the same number of "records" as I had text addresses backed up...thanks for this clue! I deleted the file and the addresses were cleared...SMS works fine, I tested it sending a new message, the Addressing file reappeared, and when I deleted it again the test address was cleared!

Funny...when I talked to Sprint they threw up their hands...and Palm insisted that SMS Quicklist is still the file in question but that it is wrapped into Saved Preferences....the file manager apps I used however itemized Saved Prefs and NO Quick List existed!

Sometimes experimenting is the best way to solve a problem...
    Not to get off topic, but what is the file to delete for MMS?
    guick question why would you need to delete the text message file? im new here so if yiu could give me a better understanding as to what is going on it would help
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  8.    #8  
    I like to keep my files & Treo clean (yes I'm a neat freak), if you read other post's some people don't like other people looking at who's been texting who.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Sodiumlake, it worked! Thanks for the heads up...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I just highlight the message string, pull down the menu and select "Delete Messages".
    Somebody designed an app to delete the SMS quicklist on the 650. No idea if it's been updated for the 700.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Sodiumlake, it worked! Thanks for the heads up...
    Not a problem I to have been looking for a way to do this and stumbled on to it over at my treo dot net!!!!
    I to like to keep things clean and organized, (and away from prying eyes) Just kidding it just gets a little messy when you get a string of about 20 addresses in your quick list.
  13.    #13  
    Keefer Lucas, I never even thought of that....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  14.    #14  
    Sodiumlake, I know what you mean...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I just highlight the message string, pull down the menu and select "Delete Messages".
    Didn't work, no problem, I liked deleting the other way with Filez. I even deleted it with ZLauncher's File Manager.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter